Same Old Royals

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
baron
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:09 am

Looks like the royals haven't changed much from last year. still picking up senior citizens, Langdon, Robinson and i heard that Rob and Darren Colbourne will also be playing with the royals this year, with Eddie kearsey coaching. still think the Royals need a top class goalie, the team that won the hearder had 2 great goalies. i know the royals are trying but these players won't get it done with the talent the other teams have put together. if ross don't get a winning team on the ice by xmas and the fans don't support a losing team also combine that with more Sunday games there will be no hockey after xmas Also look at the schedule the royals have 6 home games before xmas and 4 of them are against grand falls which is very stupid in my opinion. Why not let us see the other teams you might get more fans out to the games. good luck Ross hope the imports work out for you and you can put asses in the seats.

SHAWN4ROYALS

Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:09 am

well baron theres a new place in here now its the NL(nl senior hockey league) if you want ppl reading and commenting you should post in there rather then in here(but i saw your name and smiled and you know i had to come in and have a rear lol)

ross has been saying since last year ended that the royals are going"more local" is the only way for this team to survive and have a chance and it certainly seems hes following thru with that,some things you say may or may not be true only time will tell,one thing i will say is i certainly hope ur right on a few of them ;-) ;-) the dl red wings were competitive for years on the west coast with players like robinson and langdon and those type of guys can only help a team,ross will be ading a nice mixture of players with experience,he will be adding some youth and some speed as well,before you start to rip it all apart lets wait and see who hes gonna sign and what the team is gonna look like.

as for the schedule not much you can do about that it was done up by the powers beyond ross(im sure you would like to blame him lol) but it is what it is and we have to play it as it is

BRADLEY DYKE is gonna be the starter(you were in here all last year dumping on hin as well and he proved you very wrong) bradley played great for the royals down the stretch,when he got his opportunity he really proved what he got and he EARNED the opportunity to satrt as this years #1,i really dont think he will give that up this year,with the experience he gained last year(the only goalie to give the cats a bit of a scare in playoffs,1 win and got them to ot twice) and with bradleys great attitude and confidence he will be a #1 in this league,and with the good d that will be in front of him this year it should actuallly get easier ;-) ;-)

maybe you should talk about the positive side of things like the signing of DOUG OBRIEN and say congrats ross on a HUGE signing and wait for a few more announcements that willl be coming in the next few weeks(still 5 weeks to go)

camp is in 2 weeks drop up have a view and see whats happenin!!!!!!!

baron

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:31 am

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:well baron theres a new place in here now its the NL(nl senior hockey league) if you want ppl reading and commenting you should post in there rather then in here(but i saw your name and smiled and you know i had to come in and have a rear lol)

ross has been saying since last year ended that the royals are going"more local" is the only way for this team to survive and have a chance and it certainly seems hes following thru with that,some things you say may or may not be true only time will tell,one thing i will say is i certainly hope ur right on a few of them ;-) ;-) the dl red wings were competitive for years on the west coast with players like robinson and langdon and those type of guys can only help a team,ross will be ading a nice mixture of players with experience,he will be adding some youth and some speed as well,before you start to rip it all apart lets wait and see who hes gonna sign and what the team is gonna look like.

as for the schedule not much you can do about that it was done up by the powers beyond ross(im sure you would like to blame him lol) but it is what it is and we have to play it as it is

BRADLEY DYKE is gonna be the starter(you were in here all last year dumping on hin as well and he proved you very wrong) bradley played great for the royals down the stretch,when he got his opportunity he really proved what he got and he EARNED the opportunity to satrt as this years #1,i really dont think he will give that up this year,with the experience he gained last year(the only goalie to give the cats a bit of a scare in playoffs,1 win and got them to ot twice) and with bradleys great attitude and confidence he will be a #1 in this league,and with the good d that will be in front of him this year it should actuallly get easier ;-) ;-)

maybe you should talk about the positive side of things like the signing of DOUG OBRIEN and say congrats ross on a HUGE signing and wait for a few more announcements that willl be coming in the next few weeks(still 5 weeks to go)

camp is in 2 weeks drop up have a view and see whats happenin!!!!!!!
Thanks for the information it was the first post since last year. yes i seen darren last week at tims in steady brook. i will say this is the best shape i have seen him in years. The kearsey thingit something i heard last week. after reading your post i will delete mind and give them a chance before i critize them.

SHAWN4ROYALS

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:48 am

yes baron lets wait and see ya gotta remember ross and his exec were only rookies last year as well and i can only assume he learned quite a bit,and there is one thing i can assure you he really wants to be competitive and wants nothing more then to be able to compete in this new league and have a team that the fans of the "west coast" can be very proud of and for them to support the team and his efforts!!!!!!!!

I TRULY BELIEVE THIS WILL HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

Tommy

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:yes baron lets wait and see ya gotta remember ross and his exec were only rookies last year as well and i can only assume he learned quite a bit,and there is one thing i can assure you he really wants to be competitive and wants nothing more then to be able to compete in this new league and have a team that the fans of the "west coast" can be very proud of and for them to support the team and his efforts!!!!!!!!

I like this "West Coast" team attitude already... ;-)

SHAWN4ROYALS

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:33 pm

Tommy wrote:
SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:yes baron lets wait and see ya gotta remember ross and his exec were only rookies last year as well and i can only assume he learned quite a bit,and there is one thing i can assure you he really wants to be competitive and wants nothing more then to be able to compete in this new league and have a team that the fans of the "west coast" can be very proud of and for them to support the team and his efforts!!!!!!!!

I like this "West Coast" team attitude already... ;-)
yes tommy and ive been tallking to an awful lot of people over the last month or so that like whats happening with the team and they are all saying the same thing,they like it and they all feel that fans will be back out at the pepsi center to support this,this is the first year in many many years that i have been hearing "positive buzz" concerning the Royals!!!!!!!!!!

ITS ONLY GONNA GET BETTER ;-) ;-)

Tommy

Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:39 pm

They need to land a couple more top imports... ;-)

SHAWN4ROYALS

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:47 pm

according to the article in the star yesterday there will be 5 imports at the training camp for the brass to have a look at.we will see then how they look at what they can bring to the table,pennell says they will be looking at 3 forwards to make the lines around,so with the other talent that he mentioned and some he never,it will be a wide open camp and there will be players having to earn their way on the team,that has played in the west before ;-) ;-)

should make for a competitive camp!!!!!!!!!

Tommy

Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:29 pm

SHAWN4ROYALS wrote:according to the article in the star yesterday there will be 5 imports at the training camp for the brass to have a look at.we will see then how they look at what they can bring to the table,pennell says they will be looking at 3 forwards to make the lines around,so with the other talent that he mentioned and some he never,it will be a wide open camp and there will be players having to earn their way on the team,that has played in the west before ;-) ;-)

should make for a competitive camp!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff.

Mysterious Unicorn

Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:34 pm

westside!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Information