League Schedule and the Cats

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
The Puck
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:32 am

I can see it now with this unbalanced schedule teams and fans will say it at the end of the year like before in the west coast league if we had to play each team the equal number of times we would have been higher in the standings. I can't believe they would do that in order to reduce cost of travel. If a team is committed to play in this league they should have to play each team the equal number of games at home and away and then who ever finishes 1,2,3,4 and 5 can say it was fair.

geno

Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

The Puck wrote:I can see it now with this unbalanced schedule teams and fans will say it at the end of the year like before in the west coast league if we had to play each team the equal number of times we would have been higher in the standings. I can't believe they would do that in order to reduce cost of travel. If a team is committed to play in this league they should have to play each team the equal number of games at home and away and then who ever finishes 1,2,3,4 and 5 can say it was fair.
I guess it depends how you look at it. All teams play each other the same number of times but not split evenly in the barns. Thats not necessarly a bad thing. That Caribous play the Cats 4 times in GFW and only twice at home but our road record against the Cats is better then our home record.

You say you cant believe they would do that to reduce travel cost! WELL YA !!!!
Im glad you dont do the Caribous budget! :lol: :lol:

The Puck

Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:56 am

Geno, Well I have did lots of hockey budgets and be involved in senior hockey as a player and executive member and I know what these teams including your team is operating at from people I know that is involved. What I am saying if YOU DON'T SEE IT IS THAT EACH TEAM SHOULD PLAY EACH TEAM THE EQUAL AMOUNT OF HOME AND AWAY GAMES SO NO TEAM AT THE END OF THE SEASON CAN SAY THIS SCHEDULE AFFECTED THEIR STANDINGS BECAUSE IN THE WCSHL in the past this happen due to a weak team in the league and the fans didn't like it.

geno

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:35 am

The Puck wrote:Geno, Well I have did lots of hockey budgets and be involved in senior hockey as a player and executive member and I know what these teams including your team is operating at from people I know that is involved. What I am saying if YOU DON'T SEE IT IS THAT EACH TEAM SHOULD PLAY EACH TEAM THE EQUAL AMOUNT OF HOME AND AWAY GAMES SO NO TEAM AT THE END OF THE SEASON CAN SAY THIS SCHEDULE AFFECTED THEIR STANDINGS BECAUSE IN THE WCSHL in the past this happen due to a weak team in the league and the fans didn't like it.
Well then, Im sorry Mr. Puck, I didnt realize that you had so much knowledge of these things and that you were an expert on Hockey budgets. You know what all the teams are spending and you got the experience. I guess the managment groups of all of the 5 teams in the new NSHL have made a big blunder here. Thats too bad......

The Puck

Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:14 pm

Hi Geno, I am not going to play your stupid childless game of who knows more so if I give my opinion on this site like everyone else it shouldn't be bashed by another person. If you want to know more about me and my experience just pm me and we can talk.

GeorgeScott

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:06 pm

The league schedule has now been updated on the Cataracts website to include game times.

http://www.gfwcataracts.com/league/

catsfan96

Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:39 pm

great job with the updated schedule hopefully some signings will be announced! Go Cats Gooo
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

• Information