What going on with the league this year?

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
PowerPlay13
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:42 pm

kento19 wrote:i heard that ricks kid was living in st. john's. I guess he isn't? If he is why hasn't he entered the draft in our league?
Ricks is home in St. Anthony working, he took a semester off school. He started off in St. Johns in school at the start of the year thats why he signed up for the draft. He is still signed with the Mariners and still has full interest in playing....

PowerPlay13

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:46 pm

And Snow is making his season debut against the wings in DL this weekend....

Redwing

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:50 pm

he's gonna help the blue line for sure, solid d-man, we're gonna have 2 good games at home the weekend

Marinersfan01

Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:01 pm

Yeah that i think is true about Ricks! He is signed but keeps being a no show and i thiink that same goes for Snow! It is unfortunate becasue we need some more D with some good experience. Jordan Edgar wasnt there this weekend for PAB and that was a big loss he wouldve made a difference i'm sure of it.
The downfall for PAB on sunday was the goalie and the d. Shane Hatcher was in net on sunday and the jets scored 3 goals on 4 shots in the first 5 min of the game, that hurt the mariners big time. The d was just non existant on sunday for some reason. \
In saying that the jets goalie , i think his name is Andrew Murley was awsome this past weekend! The score would of been alot worse Sat nite if it werent for him and the same goes on Sunday! He made some huge saves, Former Mariner Josh White had 2 gret games against his former club, i think he had 1 goal sat nite and he scored an hat trick on sunday and he was a big difference in the game also!
Now there were two players on the jets that in my opinion and others as well that were out to hurt players and they were #7 and #20 trying to get there names 20 was Brandon oneal man they were out to hurt players especially our goalie Luke Canning they were running him all weekend they even ran with the elbow took him in the head and took his helment off. Play hockey not hunting if somone gets hurt on a legit hit or play thats different but to go out there and try to take people out they don.t belong in the game!
And of course when they done it it was alright but after our team gotr fit up with it they started doing it to there goalie that was wrong and they really wanted to go hunting then!
The Jets got a good team there they do not need to go on with this stuff it was a couple good games this weekend minus the crap play how the game is suppose to be played thats with some good hard clean hits and nice plays!

Centre Ice

Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:19 pm

Marinersfan01 wrote:well center ice, it was very unfortunate that there were only that many players there for those games, i was told our players had exams so you cant do nothing about that. Why were ther only 11 players for the cats? Rumour has it they are having problems gettin the team up and running! (coaches and excec and even players) True or false?
What do you mean that the coaches dont have control of the teams? did something happen in there the weekend?

About Jon Organ if it is true that he quit the jets then that really dont surprise me at all! He really dont put no effort out there any ways IMO he is just out there to fill the line up cause he dont play any d well he didnt the past 2 yrs with the mariners. He stays out there looking like a figure skater .
Any ways thats my opinion! This weekend should be a couple good games i hope both teams should have a full line up and if Organ is playing we will see if he proves me wrong but i doubt it! LOL!!!
Well Marinersfan for a team to go to another rink and bring 9 players i don't think it is worth the trip, i know the cats only had 11 and i am speaking as a FAN of hockey that I for one will not be to anymore games due to the lack of players. You can not put on a good show with 9 players on one team and 11 on the other. BTW the coaching staff i was talking about was the Cats taking cheap shots and runs at the mariners player almost at the end of the game. as for their exec, coaches, players, etc, i couldn't give a rats a$$, all i know is when i goes to support a team and pay money to do it, it would be nice to actually see a game of hockey instead of empty benches when they change and something like a minor hockey game when they are playing. JMO

Marinersfan01

Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 am

Well i agree with you there Ice with the number of players that were there but if they never played they probably would've have to forfit the games because the cats had a team ready to play and y would anybody want to do that. Yes it's not a very interesting game.
Yeah i dont agree with taking cheap shots and runs at people i don't understamd y they would want to seriuosly hurt someone, that is not needed in this game or league.
I also agree with you that i would also like a game of hockey with full benches not empty ones when your paying money to see it.

Insider

Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:21 am

Roger Snow is not gonna play with the Mariners this year, Not sure y but from what I hear, he just has zero interest...not sure y he agreed to be signed to a card though...there is a small rumor saying he wanted to play with Corner Brook... but I doubt the Mariners will release him. The Mariners have picked up a couple more players and in talking a little with the Mariners assistant coach one of those guys has already signed and is from Burgeo.

When it comes to Riley Ricks, there is a rumor that he hurt his leg or ankle in a rec game and is out a couple of weeks...not sure when it happened but I think he is expecting to suit up for the mariners after xmas.

Jordan Edgar was also hurt for the Mariners with a torn muscle in his chest...not sure when he will return....tough guy Julien Ward is battling knee problems as well so it just gets worse for PAB.

There is also a rumor that that Corner Brook tough guy Lundrigan will be back after xmas....he will probably get interest from all 4 teams.

In other league movement Earl from the HV Red Wings has asked for a release and has been granted one. He is expected to be signed by Stephenville early this week.

domi28

Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:58 pm

hey jut wondering who this guy from Burgeo is if anyone out there knows

Insider

Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:05 am

I do believe it is Zack Clothier....thats the rumor.

• Information