Rumor Mill

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
Insider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:15 am

:-D Just passing on recent rumors I have heard...

The Mariners are looking for help...its getting sad to see them with 8 and 9 players every game but somehow they stay in first place...they seem to really need help on defense....if you want to play with them, I hear its as easy as contacting one of the coaches or GM Bruce Billard (I will get the coaches names and post them here later) Not sure if this guarantees u a spot but it may be worth a shot for someone looking to play. The reason for the recent Mariner shortage may be explained below....

I hear that Roger Snow is not gonna play with the Mariners this year, Not sure y but from what I hear, he just has zero interest...not sure y he agreed to be signed to a card though...there is a small rumor saying he wanted to play with Corner Brook... but I doubt the Mariners will release him. The Mariners have picked up a couple more players and one is confirmed to be Burgeo native Zack Clouthier. No information on the other player as of yet but if I had to guess its most likely a defenseman.

When it comes to Riley Ricks, there is a rumor that he hurt his leg or ankle in a rec game and is out a couple of weeks...not sure when it happened but I think he is expecting to suit up for the mariners after xmas.

Jordan Edgar was also hurt for the Mariners with a torn muscle in his chest...not sure when he will return....tough guy Julien Ward is battling knee problems as well so it just gets worse for PAB.

There is also a rumor that that Corner Brook tough guy Lundrigan will be back after xmas....he will probably get interest from all 4 teams.

In other league movement Earl from the HV Red Wings has asked for a release and has been granted one. He is expected to be signed by Stephenville early this week.

jetsfan

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:36 am

how sure are you on the jets one???

Gongshow_08

Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Insider wrote::-D Just passing on recent rumors I have heard...

The Mariners are looking for help...its getting sad to see them with 8 and 9 players every game but somehow they stay in first place...they seem to really need help on defense....if you want to play with them, I hear its as easy as contacting one of the coaches or GM Bruce Billard (I will get the coaches names and post them here later) Not sure if this guarantees u a spot but it may be worth a shot for someone looking to play. The reason for the recent Mariner shortage may be explained below....

I hear that Roger Snow is not gonna play with the Mariners this year, Not sure y but from what I hear, he just has zero interest...not sure y he agreed to be signed to a card though...there is a small rumor saying he wanted to play with Corner Brook... but I doubt the Mariners will release him. The Mariners have picked up a couple more players and one is confirmed to be Burgeo native Zack Clouthier. No information on the other player as of yet but if I had to guess its most likely a defenseman.

When it comes to Riley Ricks, there is a rumor that he hurt his leg or ankle in a rec game and is out a couple of weeks...not sure when it happened but I think he is expecting to suit up for the mariners after xmas.

Jordan Edgar was also hurt for the Mariners with a torn muscle in his chest...not sure when he will return....tough guy Julien Ward is battling knee problems as well so it just gets worse for PAB.

There is also a rumor that that Corner Brook tough guy Lundrigan will be back after xmas....he will probably get interest from all 4 teams.

In other league movement Earl from the HV Red Wings has asked for a release and has been granted one. He is expected to be signed by Stephenville early this week.
Port aux Basques has signed defenseman Zack Clothier from Burgeo this is true, and also has signed roger snows cousin John Snow.....John has been contacting Roger since he has signed aswell and trying to get him to come out, I really think being his cousin he might be able to pull some strings....this would be awesome for the mariners.

Insider

Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:12 pm

With regards to the Jets rumor...I got this info from a Deer Lake coach or executive member not sure which... he told me that earl has been released and wants to sign with the Jets.
oh BTW: the coaches are Mark Lawrence, Neil Keeping and Steve Osmond.

DNA101

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:53 am

This is the very reason insider why Nathan Burke-Earle quit the HV Redwing's team!! because no one know is name and with playing five 30 seconds shifts in a game, That's not playing hockey that's called warming the bench Nathan Burke-Earle is no bench warmer and what they also don't know is that Nathan Burke-Earle can play hockey and don't matter what team gets him he's going to be what's called a [GOOD PICK UP] it' something that the HV Redwings don't know anything about, and has turn a blind eye to the raw talent Nathan Burke-Earle processes.

Insider

Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:50 am

ok there you have it... the rumor is that Stephenville will getting his services not sure how true that is but u seem to be a fan, do u know? I have been asking around and it seems that GFW has no zero interest in him. The PAB Mariners don't seem have any interest in Nathan Burke-Earle either although not sure why. (Ithink they want defense mostly), which is suprising as they bring in players all the time from out of town. So hopefully he gets on with some team so we can see how good he really is and/or can be.

hockey33

Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:30 pm

I've watched a few of the Jr Red Wings games, and to be quite honest I've seen him on the ice a nice bit. IMO nothing against the guy but you have to earn your ice time, it is his first year in the league and many of his teammates have played on the team/league or higher level teams such as AAA before. You can't expect to get much icetime on the powerplay and penatly kill all the time.......and the Red Wings are a team that spend a lot of time in the box. There are players on every team that don't get much ice time, but they know that comes with the game of hockey. For example, look at Ward on PAB.......he gets like one shift a game....well that's all it takes for him to get kicked out but I'm sure he doesn't complain.

And yes good luck to Burke-Earle with his new team.........but just to remind everyone that was actually tampering but the Red Wings aren't so childish as Ron Dobbin and didn't report it to HNL and granted the release so the young man could have a game of hockey.

Who sits there and actually times that stuff anyway?? I know Im too busy watching the game...I may notice someone hasn't been out much but not the exact minutes. If you spend your time at that then you don't see the game and therefore, can't really make a judgement if that player should have got more icetime or not as you don't even know how the other players were playing, how many penalties, powerplays etc.
DNA101 wrote:This is the very reason insider why Nathan Burke-Earle quit the HV Redwing's team!! because no one know is name and with playing five 30 seconds shifts in a game, That's not playing hockey that's called warming the bench Nathan Burke-Earle is no bench warmer and what they also don't know is that Nathan Burke-Earle can play hockey and don't matter what team gets him he's going to be what's called a [GOOD PICK UP] it' something that the HV Redwings don't know anything about, and has turn a blind eye to the raw talent Nathan Burke-Earle processes.

Blast97

Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:26 pm

Who is this Burke Earle guy? And to say the Cats arn't interested blows my mind, seeming they haven't heard of him.

PowerPlay13

Thu Dec 01, 2011 4:46 pm

DNA101 wrote:This is the very reason insider why Nathan Burke-Earle quit the HV Redwing's team!! because no one know is name and with playing five 30 seconds shifts in a game, That's not playing hockey that's called warming the bench Nathan Burke-Earle is no bench warmer and what they also don't know is that Nathan Burke-Earle can play hockey and don't matter what team gets him he's going to be what's called a [GOOD PICK UP] it' something that the HV Redwings don't know anything about, and has turn a blind eye to the raw talent Nathan Burke-Earle processes.

It don't really matter what team he plays with because he is not that much of a impact player and is not going to make or break any games IMO. The only thing I have seen good from this kid when he was on the ice has been skateing miles and getting nothing done.....like a chicken with his head cut off lol. Take a run at someone here and there. I would never put Earle on over Meade, Skinner, Vincent, Hobbs, Ellsworth, Mcquarter, or Smith....On any special teams (PP, or PK). All those players are way more composed and have more experience. You have to work your way into special teams or any top two lines no matter what team your playing for.

Insider

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:12 am

I agree with the above post. I also said the Cats have no interest bc they usually don't bring guys back and fourth that are not GFW and area natives.

My earlier conclusion may have been wrong however, as I am hearing the PAB Mariners are indeed kicking the tires on this kid. No idea if the rumors are legitimate or not but facebook believe it or not may be the culprit the Mariners and others are using to communicate. I don't picture the Mariners signing him though bc they have a good solid forward corps (probably the leagues' best) that all seem to work well and play hard for each other and I wouldn't wanna screw with that for an unproven kid.

They did sign 2 players this week...I am not sure if Clothier plays defense but snow is a winger for sure, both are expected to play for PAB vs the Jets this weekend. I am not sure how valid the Earle rumor is but something for you to ppl to chew on.

UPDATE: Nathan Burke-Earl as I suspected earlier has been signed by The Stephenville Jets and his name is indeed on their roster on there team site. That ends that speculation.

Also Jon Organ's name also appears back on the list after being removed earlier so it may be that Organ returns to take on his former team this weekend...should be interesting.

• Information