Rumor Mill

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
catsfan4

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:11 am

cantwell as well.. he played a few games last yr too

Bar Down
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 am

Not once this season yet did te jets have their full starting lineup. And in saying that they only lost to HV by very low margins. Lost in a shoot out last game after 3 players getting tossed and 1 injured and playing about 26 minutes shorthanded.. Lost first game of the year to them by 2 , 1 being an empty netter. I ain't trying to make excuses or anything but the jets have been plagued by injuries and suspensions all season long so far and are still pulling off a couple wins and keeping games close! The cats seem to be back on track as well , the league is alot closer this year and alot of good puck is being played, all teams have good lineups so I think to say the wings should be 12-0 is a bit of an overstatement. Should be an interesting second half of the season though with all teams keeping the league competitive!

habsalltheway

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:51 am

On paper, yeah i fully believe they should be. They have 2 lines that should be potting goals just about every shift, a good solid 3-4 d-men every game and they show up with 4 line team just about every night, so yeah theoretically they should be winning those games. They seem to have built quite the rivalry with the jets over the past 2 years and the games between those two have been terrific both last year and the one i saw this year in deer lake

Bar Down

Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:57 am

The game this year in deer lake was close yes, terrific no.. With 1 team shorthanded for 26 minutes 3 players ejected to go along with 3 bull**** 5 minute major penaltys, that don't really make for a terrific game. If the reffing wasn't so horrible the wings probably wouldn't have won that game. Aside from that the rivalry and games are pretty decent this season, not to much bull**** on the ice anymore like the past couple years and better hockey.

Insider

Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:59 pm

The teams are far closer than years past which makes for great hockey...hopefully fans outside of port aux basques come out to enjoy it...for some reason there is just not enuf support anywhere else which i find strange as deer lake and sville are both good hockey towns.

Blast97

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:23 pm

To tell you the truth after seeing everyteam play. The league is much closer than it's ever been. PAB showed up here in GFW with 10 players, and barely lost. Sville if they stuck to playing hockey, they could of stole a game here as well. And the Wings, watching them this past weekend, they lack effort thats it. They have a good young team, rotten luck with there goalie tho, guy got hurt on the first shot Saturday night and could hardly walk, and he was the only goalie. To bad tho could of been a better weekend set.
I just wish some fans would get off there behinds and go watch.

PS little side note like someone said in a earlier post, about you will be done after 1-4 years, he/she is right, enjoy it, JR were my favorite 3 years of hockey. It was a blast and I will never forget it. Good luck to all ater Christmas break, and have a good Christmas and Holidays.

The Big One

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:26 pm

DNA101 wrote:This is the very reason insider why Nathan Burke-Earle quit the HV Redwing's team!! because no one know is name and with playing five 30 seconds shifts in a game, That's not playing hockey that's called warming the bench Nathan Burke-Earle is no bench warmer and what they also don't know is that Nathan Burke-Earle can play hockey and don't matter what team gets him he's going to be what's called a [GOOD PICK UP] it' something that the HV Redwings don't know anything about, and has turn a blind eye to the raw talent Nathan Burke-Earle processes.
ok Burkie.

You are good.

No need to get full of yourself.

The Big One

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:30 pm

And, i couldnt help that Adams never showed up at all the year.

Any news on that kid?

The Big One

Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:31 pm

Cause from what ive read, PAB can use some goaltending...

Have they tried to contact anyone?

Or are they confident in what they got?

Marinersfan01

Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:11 am

I agree to a certain extent on the Mariners goalie situation. Canning is not a bad goalie lets some soft ones in but makes some big saves too but that is part of it i guess! The last game between the jets and mariners where they went to a shoot out i was not impressed on cannings ability at all he comes out way too far and slow in getting back and makes it way too easy to score on him which exactly what happend! The two goals the jets got on him in the shoot out were terrible!
As for the back up Shane Hatcher , lets just say he got lots and lots to learn! I been watching him for the past 3 or 4 yrs and he is nowhere near the caliber needed to play in this league!
So maybe with some help on D and another good caliber goalie that can play in this league it should make good for the rest of the season( Hopefully)! LOL!!

• Information