Poor attendance - look at it in this respect.
1) First year in how many the Cee Bees weren't in the finals? That would take 700-1000 from Mile One for those games.
2) First year there is no East / West Rivalry. Most hockey fans would come out just to see the different team & to cheer on the West. (Or at least I would like to think that).
3) 2 months of negative press saying how poor attendance was going to be. Perhaps it was a self-fulfilling profecy? Dunno, just saying.
4) Neither HNL nor the League promoted this like the event it should have been.
5) Ticket pricing made it too expensive to be a family event. Think of a family of 4 going to a game $80 at the gate just to get in, $4.50 for a beer if one parent wanted to drink let's say 4 beer - another $20, chips, fries, drinks for the kids - another $30. 50/50 tickets - $5.00. 2 lots of other tickets for fundraising - $2.00, Tims coffee before and after $6.00, hot chocolate / donuts for the kiddies - $10.
That's $153 for 1 day out. Corner Brook's economy sucks that's alot of $$$$ for many families.
Just some of my thoughts.