Jr-Jets VS Jr-Mariners - SEMI-FINALS - Game #1

NL Junior Hockey discussions - St. John's Junior Hockey League / Central West Junior "B" league
jets fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:52 pm

It was Dohaney who hit Hobbs

marinersfan13

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:05 pm

I agree with u 01... I don't under stand why some players are only out there to try to hurt others. Don't get me wrong, I love a rough game of hockey as much as the next one but the last 10 minutes of this game were brutal. SOME members if the jets were only out to see who they could injure. Even jets fans that I talked to after the game were commenting about how dirty their team played once the score changed into the mariners favor. These kids are only out for a fun game of hockey and it would be a shame to see one of them ruin a career over it, especially when someone is intentionally out to hurt other people...

kwh4050

Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:15 pm

does anyone have any info on this supposedly rumored "protest" ?

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:13 pm

Hey jetsfan71. I said I think it was #6 I didn't say it was if you read my post! There you go it was dohaney who wears 9 common mistake. Typical calling people retarded and they wonder why fans get upset at a friggin ol game!! So what's your take on the game then there 71 seems mind is retarded. Your guys didn't do no dirt that cost them the game did they? The penalties that your guys took in the third were very stupid penalties and they were good calls the players lost the game not the refs

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:18 pm

Also if the refs were that bad dohaney should have gotten a match for elbowing Hobbs for attempt to injure but he only gave him a 2 min minor so that he could play the next game. Just saying. Now I'm not saying our players are innocent either Vincent slashed Cooze I think it was Deliberately in back of leg there in the sec I think it was so were no angels but that's prob the only thing they done on purpose but your guys got way out of hand to injure players and I don't understand why!

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:26 pm

The rumored protest that I heard was something about time being left on the clock (5sec) I think when the ref kicked both teams off the ice cause it was getting way out of hand. But like I maybe totally wrong but that was what I was told. Maybe someone in the jets organization could shed some light on it !!

There is a fan that comes to the jets games all last year and a couple out here this weekend that causes trouble with other fans around just because they speak there mind just like he does. He is the one that posts the videos on YouTube I think that if he would grow up and realize its just a game and not go looking for trouble and encourage the jets to go do crap then he would be a better atmosphere. He's probably the only fan that makes the jets look really bad and it's a shame.

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:44 pm

Also got to say that Maclean , bouzan , was missing on d this weekend. Heard that josh skinner quit on them Brandon pike was injured sat night also Jordan Kennedy got injured as well last night and was told he's probably done for the rest of the year. Robinson still didn't play so I guess he's got no intention on playing !

jets fan

Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:43 pm

I wasn't at the game but I heard Hobbs hit Brandon O'Neil from behind and there was no call, then after chirped the jets bench.

I have seen Hobbs all through minor hockey and high school and he is a notorious diver and chirper. I guess
Dohaney just gave him what was coming to him after all these years, to bad it was as dirty as you say it was. He is usually a clean player and keeps his nose clean

Marinersfan01

Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:54 pm

I would love to see that hit on video replay Unfortunately we don't have that. But from where I was too it looked like a clean hit and certainly there are some going to say it was from behind and yes it was no call if it was from behind. As for him chirping the jets bench obviously had some choice words for him and knowing Hobbs he chirped back. But dohaney def meant to hurt him there's no doubt about that What Hobbs was like in the past over hockey certainly didn't deserve what happened to him today. Why would someone want to ruin someone I don't get it!! If I'm not mistaken it was dohaney that hit Kennedy from behind last night which finished him for the rest of the year and the ref kicked the wrong fellow out for the hit. So dohaney got away with another one.

jets fan

Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:04 pm

Actually from what I heard when that whole scrum went on after the hit, he was on the other side of the ice and stayed away from it.

I know Dohaney and there's no way you can convince me he's a dirty player, obviously emotions got the best of him and like I said I wasn't at the game but I'm not disagreeing with you at all..I'm sure if you ask any player or fan who knows him they would be surprised at what he did! To the best of my knowledge he isn't normally that type of player.

I know for a fact that it 100% wasn't Dohaney who hit Kennedy to get him thrown out, before you start shooting off names try to make sure you have them straight because that's a couple times now!

No matter how dirty of a play it was you cannot blame other players for things they didn't do.

• Information