Newfoundland All-stars

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
ach01
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:22 am

Congrats Caribous on a great tournament so far. Good luck against our McCoys tomorrow.

I know this topic has been discussed at great length on this forum...but take a look at the other Senior forum. There are 4+ pages concerning the fact that the Caribous are the only team to add players in the Allac Cup.
Seems like the rest of Canada is upset that Clarenville is the only team that added affiliates in the Allan Cup
http://allancup.proboards.com/thread/86 ... d-allstars
Seems like the rest of Canada is upset...take a look. Here is the link:

Catch 22

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:30 am

ach01 wrote:Congrats Caribous on a great tournament so far. Good luck against our McCoys tomorrow.

I know this topic has been discussed at great length on this forum...but take a look at the other Senior forum. There are 4+ pages concerning the fact that the Caribous are the only team to add players in the Allac Cup.
Seems like the rest of Canada is upset that Clarenville is the only team that added affiliates in the Allan Cup
ach... I took a look there and seen just about enough ethnic slurs and hate comments towards Newfoundlanders.

The owner/administrator of that blog should be ashamed of themselves to allow it to continue. Some small minded individuals.

Caribous insider

Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:35 am

ach01 wrote:Congrats Caribous on a great tournament so far. Good luck against our McCoys tomorrow.

Not worth reading! Any person or people who use the word (Newfie or newfies) like people use to use the "N" word, goes to show that they are nothing but ignoramas's and should be left to wallow in their own verbol diarrhea!

#1BousFan

Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:49 am

Other teams were allowed to add players I am sure, We were allowed to do so, We did, Not all of our players could commit so...If other teams are upset then they can all kiss my Newfie butt :)
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

top cheese

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:14 am

First off let me say this is a nice accomplishment for Newfoundland hockey and we should be proud of the players efforts and performance. I do however believe that this should be a concern and takes away the legitimacy of this being a "national" tournament. All things even, a team like dundas has players with more experience on their playing resume but that in no way should indicate current performance and allow a team to have the freedom to pick up 8-10 new players. Weather or not you want to say its sour grapes for the team winning is and not caring if their loosing is up to you. But I just don't feel that playing all year with one team to a tournament then being allowed to strengthen your team through a loop hole in the rules is unfair and makes the tournament results unreliable. There is a clarenville logo on the jersey and the name gets entered in the record book but by no means is the result a reflection of the hard work the bous put in. And in the big picture with the import players the team picked up it's not really a reflection of Newfoundland hockey ethier. Hopefully hockey canada can move to change this before next years tournament so both Newfoundland community's can truly support their team!

snl

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:36 am

it not about players filling in .its about making your team stronger they got players up their with them that played all year and didn't dress yet in the allan cup.

tincanfan

Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:39 am

Sour grapes from the Generals. Remember two years ago at Red Deer. A very stacked team` that even the locals were disgusted with. Thheir own players didn't play but 3 ex nhlers did. We were told by fans there the Bous didn't have a chance and that's why the Bous were the most popular team there. We all know that with the East making waves "up-along" will have to change, can't have those "Newfs" beating us. Ok so we will change the rules that will fix them. Its the usual thing.
Come on Bous kck their arses again. :

top cheese

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Stacked team of players who play all season

I think clarenville supporters would think different if for example in the east final mt pearl was allowed to pick up 8-10 players from the cee bees or flyers. To make sure they were "competitive"

The rules don't match when all the team in the Ontario league register as aaa teams and in nl one team in the league is aaa and the rest are their affiliates

Wade

Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:50 pm

tincanfan wrote:Sour grapes from the Generals. Remember two years ago at Red Deer. A very stacked team` that even the locals were disgusted with. Thheir own players didn't play but 3 ex nhlers did. We were told by fans there the Bous didn't have a chance and that's why the Bous were the most popular team there. We all know that with the East making waves "up-along" will have to change, can't have those "Newfs" beating us. Ok so we will change the rules that will fix them. Its the usual thing.
This is a lie. The locals in Red Deer were very supportive of the Generals Allan Cup championship team. They turned out by the 1000's to support them.

The Gens play within 10 minutes of the front door of a couple rival teams and you might hear a few fans of THOSE teams complaining about the Gens...but...there was absolutely NOT any kind of "disgust" in regards to The Army.

Furthermore...its NOT Bentley Generals who take issue with the rules as they currently are. This is just a weak attempt to distract & discredit & dumb-ify the core issue.

Lastly...anyone wanting to post objective & informed opinions on "the other website" gets treated with respect.

But when you act like a spoiled school boy...I assume that's the way you want to be spoken to.

I haven't made any "ethnic slurs". 'Newfoundland is a PROVINCE. Not an ethnicity, anyways. :roll:

Catch 22

Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Wade wrote:
tincanfan wrote:Sour grapes from the Generals. Remember two years ago at Red Deer. A very stacked team` that even the locals were disgusted with. Thheir own players didn't play but 3 ex nhlers did. We were told by fans there the Bous didn't have a chance and that's why the Bous were the most popular team there. We all know that with the East making waves "up-along" will have to change, can't have those "Newfs" beating us. Ok so we will change the rules that will fix them. Its the usual thing.
This is a lie. The locals in Red Deer were very supportive of the Generals Allan Cup championship team. They turned out by the 1000's to support them.

The Gens play within 10 minutes of the front door of a couple rival teams and you might hear a few fans of THOSE teams complaining about the Gens...but...there was absolutely NOT any kind of "disgust" in regards to The Army.

Furthermore...its NOT Bentley Generals who take issue with the rules as they currently are. This is just a weak attempt to distract & discredit & dumb-ify the core issue.

Lastly...anyone wanting to post objective & informed opinions on "the other website" gets treated with respect.

But when you act like a spoiled school boy...I assume that's the way you want to be spoken to.

I haven't made any "ethnic slurs". 'Newfoundland is a PROVINCE. Not an ethnicity, anyways. :roll:
Wade... Your ignorance is still over-flowing. Some history for you (you of all should know)

The term Newfie is a cultural (which falls under the ethnic category) slur. And when you use it in a negative way it is meant to be a hate word. Did you know that in the 1970's it was illegal to use or print the word anywhere in the province of Alberta, and that wasn't changed until 2006....

So while you may not like being talked back to by a "Newfie"... That's too bad, your just going to have to put up with it.

It seems that anyone who disagrees with your opinion is belittled, or just a spoiled school boy or telling lies, etc.

As for being treated with respect in the other forums... We'll I've seen the other forums where you bash Newfoundlanders..... We're nothing but a bunch of "Newfies".... very respectful :roll:

• Information