Outcoached........Again

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
simonsays
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:44 am

For the second time in a month, the Caribous were outcoached. I know from hearing the players voice their opinion, this fact stands true. As hosts of next years tournament let's hope they get someone behind the bench who knows hockey. A very skilled team that needs direction and not a guy who yells change. Hopefully when Dustin decides to hang em up he steps behind the bench. Don't get me wrong, they played well in the Allan cup and the herder playoffs, but it was visible as a fan that coaching was a factor in both losses.
GET AT ME WOLF

catnap

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:14 am

all I can say is.....WOW!!!......lose a allan cup final in OT and its the coach's fault....there is no fault, just a great game of hockey with two evenly matched teams leaving it all on the ice.....someone has to win and someone has to lose......

top cheese

Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:41 am

Easy way out is blaming the coach after a loss.........game was evenly matched. I would think that loosing sweet land in the 2nd had more of an influence

smogdog

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:00 pm

big time that line was clicking .

Sergio

Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:19 pm

simonsays wrote:For the second time in a month, the Caribous were outcoached. I know from hearing the players voice their opinion, this fact stands true. As hosts of next years tournament let's hope they get someone behind the bench who knows hockey. A very skilled team that needs direction and not a guy who yells change. Hopefully when Dustin decides to hang em up he steps behind the bench. Don't get me wrong, they played well in the Allan cup and the herder playoffs, but it was visible as a fan that coaching was a factor in both losses.
He took the team to a national championship game and lost in overtime. Why don't you explain to us exactly how he was out-coached.

Silverhawk

Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:49 pm

funny how some posters only come outta the wood work on here when they wanna post negative comments.. not we even worth anyone's response IMO... the Atlantic Rep did fantastic in the tournament, playing great hockey and taking it into OT in the final game.

Fans in Dundas were impressed by the team.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

catsfan200

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:30 pm

simonsays wrote:For the second time in a month, the Caribous were outcoached. I know from hearing the players voice their opinion, this fact stands true. As hosts of next years tournament let's hope they get someone behind the bench who knows hockey. A very skilled team that needs direction and not a guy who yells change. Hopefully when Dustin decides to hang em up he steps behind the bench. Don't get me wrong, they played well in the Allan cup and the herder playoffs, but it was visible as a fan that coaching was a factor in both losses.
The Caribous lost against two great teams this month.... one few weeks ago and then again yesterday..... you can't win all the time....
2011 Herder Champions
2014 Herder Champions
2015 Herder Champions
2016 Herder Champions
Go Cats Go!

Follow me on twitter @markie800200

AC14-15

Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:41 pm

Dyke,Earle,Quinn > Victor,Oake,Crann but Coach Hapgood didn't see it that way.. :lol:

superfan

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm

catnap wrote:all I can say is.....WOW!!!......lose a allan cup final in OT and its the coach's fault....there is no fault, just a great game of hockey with two evenly matched teams leaving it all on the ice.....someone has to win and someone has to lose......

... you said whats right catnap , great job :ymapplause: .

superfan

Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:59 pm

.... and Tomcod ,how are ya ?

• Information