Referees lost control early!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
evanpenton
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:49 am

Who wants to take bets ? First check of the game gets a penalty..
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

geoguy

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:50 am

evanpenton wrote:Who wants to take bets ? First check of the game gets a penalty..
Can I bet that it does?
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

evanpenton

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:55 am

Sure. I think the odds are pretty good on that bet. Almost 100%
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

Face off

Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:58 am

Without a doubt, todays game will be the opposite of last nights by the refs. Any contact at all will be called even if no contact made at all because if you fall, the whistle will blow. This could be one of the most dull games of the year with the zebras stopping any flow to the game before it gets started.

timbits

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:04 pm

I'm my honest opinion I think in a situation like last nights game with tempers and emotions running so high the refs should not try to get in between and stop a fight. In a game like that a fight or two has to happen to settle things down. They stopped the victor Brent fight, that shouldve happened to get victor out of the game at least. And they tried very hard to stop the hoffe fight, I'm pretty sure a ref got a punch in the helmet while trying to stop the hoffe fight. FIGHTS LIKE THAT HAVE TO HAPPEN. It's no good for the refs to run around the ice trying to hold back someone like hoffe whose fired up trying to have a fight. If the two players are willing to fight and have the gloves off,let them go, especially in a situation last night with tempers flaring and emotions running high.

catsfan4

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:06 pm

yeah hoffe asked delaney if he wanted to go and he accepted but the refs were trying as hard as they could not to let them go at it

Dangle

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:10 pm

Koodles to Delaney for accepting but he fought with his head down in a blind defensive position. Could get hurt that way.

Catch 22

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:14 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Catch 22 wrote:
grandfalls_station wrote:When Victor and others on the two teams were using their sticks as weapon the refs turned a blind eye and the result is what took place in the third period. It was them who should be the blame for letting things go too far.
The refs should have called the major on Short.... might have prevented this
THERE was no major to call on the hit but there should have been a lot of majors called before & after the clean hit .. stay tuned...
I would like to see the so called video of the clean hit Tomcod...... Shorts a head hunter...

And remember.... whats good for the Goose is good for the Gander.... isn't that what you said.

Tomcod

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:19 pm

What are you suggesting catch last man standing ?? there are finesse players on both teams & i dont think anyone wants to go down that road .. stay tuned ..

Catch 22

Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Tomcod wrote:What are you suggesting catch last man standing ?? there are finesse players on both teams & i dont think anyone wants to go down that road .. stay tuned ..
Ive seen ALOT of terrible things in this league... Ie. Langdon slash on Pittman....

The Short hit ranks at the top with that... Should have been called, now its done. Cats should be ashamed for defending that classless act.

• Information