Predictions

West Coast Senior Amateur Hockey League - Corner Brook Royals, Deer Lake Red Wings, Stephenville Jets & Port aux Basques Mariners.
handyman
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:22 am

Just to respond to D-MAn...not sure where you have been but you need to see more hockey to say that JR. A hockey is comparable to AAA in NL....not even close my friend....and this league is far from semi pro.....it is a good league with some great players but the depth of the league does not allow it to be considered semi pro...certainly not at AHL or ECHL level...if that is what you are comparing it to.

Da man

Sat Aug 29, 2009 1:00 pm

Well....since no one knows anyone here...it's not far to say that any person knows anymore than anyone else, but I know my hockey and Junior A hockey is not even close to this league and for someone to say it is...their in left field. As for this being a semi-pro league, no it's not there yet, but handyman it is very close. Your paying players extreme amounts of cash and flying in players from all over and a lot of them are ex pros. So with that said how can you not say this is not a semi-pro league. Junior A is were a lot of players go that didn't make it to a higher level to continue their dream. Very few go past it!!!!! It is a notch above AAA hockey at the most!!
Da man has spoke now listen!!

geoela

Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:03 pm

Well, I guess when you call yourself "Da Man", that pretty much says what we're dealing with here. You do not have a clue about hockey. Darren Langdon played Junior A for quite a while. I think he went from that to AHL(?) and then to NHL..someone from DL can confirm this...may not be exact, but close. My point is, quite a few players choose JR A or equivalent over Major JR for various reasons. I would say, the majority of players in NFLD senior hockey played JR A only. A few played Major, and some played both. (Ryan Penney for one) To say JR A hockey is on a par with NFLD Midget AAA is ludicrous. I feel bad for you if you are that ignorant about the game that is the best sport in the world. Maybe you should think about Soccer, or Bowling...or maybe take up knitting!!

BackinBlack

Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:38 pm

geoela wrote:Well, I guess when you call yourself "Da Man", that pretty much says what we're dealing with here. You do not have a clue about hockey. Darren Langdon played Junior A for quite a while. I think he went from that to AHL(?) and then to NHL..someone from DL can confirm this...may not be exact, but close. My point is, quite a few players choose JR A or equivalent over Major JR for various reasons. I would say, the majority of players in NFLD senior hockey played JR A only. A few played Major, and some played both. (Ryan Penney for one) To say JR A hockey is on a par with NFLD Midget AAA is ludicrous. I feel bad for you if you are that ignorant about the game that is the best sport in the world. Maybe you should think about Soccer, or Bowling...or maybe take up knitting!!
u need to relax a little man. everyones got an opinion. thats what this site is all about.

and for the record, you may be surprised how many players in the wcshl played major jr. A.

the caribous have churchill, russell, chaplin, kent ,jerrett, lauzon, ryan power, ryan penney.

GongshowHockey

Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:53 pm

Dont the cats have andrew brennan on their team? didnt he only play jr b in cumberland for a year? And for a young guy i thought he preformed pretty well. So to have a player come out of jr b and perform well and then say the AAA league here is better then a jr a league anywhere in canada is just brutal really. The AAA league here only has one strong team that had maybe 5 losses in the past 4 seasons how is there better then jr a? I also know alot of players who choose not to play Major Junior to still keep NCAA eligibility. anyways all im saying is that Jr A hockey is much better then AAA in NL

geoela

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:20 pm

I am fine there man. Just stating the obvious about the comparison of 2 totally different leagues. I've watched both JR A and Midget AAA. There is no comparison. JR A is much better hockey. Anyway, I'm done with this topic. It all started when I said how a standout goalie in NL Midget AAA, who now plays JR A, could have no trouble playing in the WCSHL. That's all. And it turned into this. Amazing isn't it. Players who attain higher levels of hockey usually always start off at the Midget AAA level somewhere. Young Whiffen can no doubt play senior hockey in the WCSHL. If Dyke can backstop the Royals, Whiffen can do the job also. They are both great goalies. And, Churchill has no doubt proven himself time and time again...in every league he has played in. So, this was my opinion that also got jumped on, in case you didn't read that a few posts ago. No offense taken by me when I was attacked, and no offense intended with my comments. The knitting dig was only meant to be for a laugh. Where is everyone's sense of humor? Anyway, I love hockey...all hockey. Invitationals, Easter tournaments, ...all of it. My kids are done now and I still go and watch minor hockey. I love watching kids get better every year. You never know...I could be watching a future NHLer. And I can't wait for the WCSHL to going again. As I said before, this should be an awesome year of hockey. I really hope for a province wide league next year. THAT would be great.
And since this a prediction thread, I have to go with the Cats this year. Enjoy!

The Show

Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:32 pm

Churchill couldn't backstop the Saint John Sea Dogs in 2005-06 with a 16-44-0 record.

BackinBlack

Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:03 pm

The Show wrote:Churchill couldn't backstop the Saint John Sea Dogs in 2005-06 with a 16-44-0 record.
you talk about caribousfan posts ???? :?: your last post is so childish that it gets locked by the mods
and now you really show ur hockey knowledge! the sea dogs were an expansion team and need i say, not that competitive. during churchills time in saint john he faced a record number of shots per game, (check the stats)game in and game out and still he played unbelievable.

actually, i dont know why im defending jason churchill to you.......... :roll: :roll: :roll:

The Professor

Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:28 am

oh boy...crossed the line there. If there is one thing I could make a prediction about is that if one were to come on here and start running their mouth (or fingers on keys) and bad mouthing Mr. Churchill (see those on the east side, lots of respect, I referred to him as Mr.) you can be sure that you will be engulfed in a deluge so great, a chastizing so magnificent, that not even the Most Interesting Man in the World's theory on self defense ("The right look should suffice...") would provide ample protection. It is a cardinal sin, it will result in your becoming persona non grata. So mind yourself, mind your P's and Q's, and I predict you'll be fine...I just dont see that happening in this instance.

"Stay thirsty my friends"
~the Most Interesting Man in the World~

"Keep posting my friends"
~The Professor~
Why? Because I am fantastic...
Be champions!
- Jose Mourinho -

CaribousFan

Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:40 pm

The Show wrote:Churchill couldn't backstop the Saint John Sea Dogs in 2005-06 with a 16-44-0 record.
Do ya have something against the Caribous and it's fans, I dunno why you still got a account on her or any warnings, Can you make a post without being negative??
Caribous Record- 17-5-2= 36 Points= 1st Place- Regular Season Champs
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009-2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2008-2009 Herder Champions
CEC Siren Guy

• Information