Caribous Make A Trade with the Royals

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Silverhawk
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:11 am

The Clarenville Caribous would like to announce they have traded Keith Delaney to the Corner Brook Royals. GM Ivan Hapgood said he was sad to see Keith go, but it's part of the business, and he would like to Thank Keith for his years of service to the team. Hapgood said the Bous plan from the start of the season was to get younger while at the same time stay competitive, and he feels this trade is another example of this with obtaining 23 year old D man Rodney Mahoney, who Hapgood feels can play top 4 min and is still developing, along with big 6ft 4 225 lb, 25yr old Andrew Smith who can play forward or D and plays with a chip on his shoulder most nights. Hapgood says whereas it's sad to see Keith go it's exciting to add two more top prospects. Both are signed and good to go this wknd.
Be Loud, Be Herd. Go 'Bous Go
2015 Allan Cup Host Team

- 2012 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2011 Allan Cup Champs
- 2010 Herder Memorial Champs
- 2009 Herder Memorial Champs

ryderhabs

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:38 am

Terrible trade for bous...royals win this one hands down.

ryderhabs

Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:06 am

Silverhawk wrote:The Clarenville Caribous would like to announce they have traded Keith Delaney to the Corner Brook Royals. GM Ivan Hapgood said he was sad to see Keith go, but it's part of the business, and he would like to Thank Keith for his years of service to the team. Hapgood said the Bous plan from the start of the season was to get younger while at the same time stay competitive, and he feels this trade is another example of this with obtaining 23 year old D man Rodney Mahoney, who Hapgood feels can play top 4 min and is still developing, along with big 6ft 4 225 lb, 25yr old Andrew Smith who can play forward or D and plays with a chip on his shoulder most nights. Hapgood says whereas it's sad to see Keith go it's exciting to add two more top prospects. Both are signed and good to go this wknd.
Good to get young but you've got go get young with talent

#1BousFan

Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:57 am

I dunno about this trade, Keith Delaney is a great player, The Royals just get even better with Keith in their lineup, Wonder how Ryan feels that his bother has been traded, They played everywhere together & I guess this will be the first year they will play apart, Good Luck Keith in Royal land!
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Caribous insider

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:40 am

I see this as a good trade for the Caribous. The way the rules are now with the draft in place, its very difficult to get players. This trade gives the Caribous two good young guys while giving up one player who will probley retire after this season. Better to get something for him now then have him walk away later and get nothing! Keith is a good hockey player and more importantly a great person but the Caribous have to look forward to the future. If getting younger is the plan then GM Hapgood just took another step in that direction. Giving up a guy whos 23erd in league scoring and 8th or 9th in team scoring isnt the end of the world. Russells return will fill the hole left by Delaney. Two more D-men are now available to the Coaching staff and the Caribous fans will like what Smith will bring to the team with regards to toughness.......something they are lacking in the absense of Victor, OBrien and Denny. Good job Ivan!

And thats my opinion........ :-D

PurpleandGold

Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:53 am

Isn't Keith afraid to Fly? I always thought the Royals fly there guys in.

Billy

Thu Dec 31, 2015 9:46 am

Chances are look to see Ryan going there very soon I would be highly surprised if the brothers stay apart

Topshelf

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:03 am

Ryan has been the better player this year by far.
Good trade Ivan.
However, if Ryan is going too, we need a lot more than that.

Yellowbeard

Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:39 am

i think the team is just trying to stay competitive this year. the trade is a salary dump for an overpaid under achieving has-been whos hanging around for the money. the team haven't won a thing since the delaneys put on caribous jerseys

superfan

Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:06 am

Caribous insider wrote:I see this as a good trade for the Caribous. The way the rules are now with the draft in place, its very difficult to get players. This trade gives the Caribous two good young guys while giving up one player who will probley retire after this season. Better to get something for him now then have him walk away later and get nothing! Keith is a good hockey player and more importantly a great person but the Caribous have to look forward to the future. If getting younger is the plan then GM Hapgood just took another step in that direction. Giving up a guy whos 23erd in league scoring and 8th or 9th in team scoring isnt the end of the world. Russells return will fill the hole left by Delaney. Two more D-men are now available to the Coaching staff and the Caribous fans will like what Smith will bring to the team with regards to toughness.......something they are lacking in the absense of Victor, OBrien and Denny. Good job Ivan!

And thats my opinion........ :-D

Another rum CI ?

• Information