The Bussey Factor

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
mummer
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:01 pm

LittleRedRidingHood wrote:Man oh Man... Can this guy ever step up to the plate when needed. He has to be one of the most hated guys you play against but can back up every action. 2 goals and a assist in Sundays game..Wow!!! He has the Royals running around head hunting and all he is doing is laughing. First of all it was Short, then Bussey's dirt...What other excuse can the Royals come up with? Oh guys please don't forget the Refs. Face it...The Cats are faster, more talented, more aggressive, younger, better Coaching etc. So proud to be a Cats Fan!!!!
agree the Cats got a good team but the fans are awful childish ..lol

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:15 pm

Seriously ... get it back on track.

HockeyFan29 ... please give up your personal beef with the Cats fans.

Keep it civil ... please ... I had a quiet night last night with no BS ... today was starting out good ...

Now carry on! :)

superfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:34 pm

Yes be good boys , or you will get us all in trouble again .

Bussey is playing great hockey , and this is only his second year in the league and as a hard core Bous fan , I got to tip me hat to the young feller .

.... if you want to beat the Cats WE better start playin better hockey .

All Rise :ymapplause: .

swoo_05

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:39 pm

I'm trying too be good :smile:

superfan

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:42 pm

swoo_05 wrote:I'm trying too be good :smile:

You ARE good swoo :ymapplause:

.... keep them updates commin bud .

geoguy

Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:51 pm

I think coach Coolen made the correct decision Sunday by dropping bussey to the second line with yetman and gill and bringing Brennan up to play with Fergus and wicks. Bussey's foot speed matches better with that of yetman and gill. Fergus and wicks are faster players and Brennan fits in well with regard to that aspect. Bussey, Fergus, and wicks have great passing chemistry but I always felt that the other two were mostly ahead.

With regards to him being an agitator he would be killer to play against as you would want to tear him a new one. Ryan Penney is another player like this who you love when he's with you and hate when he's against you. As a fan when your against these type players it seems as if they feed off it and manage to score a big goal everytime and add insult to injury.
Go Cats GO
2011 WCSHL Regular Season Champs
2011 WCSHL Champs
2011 Herder Champs
2013 NLSHL regular season champs
2014 regular season and herder champs
2015 herder champs
2016 regular season champs
2016 cwshl champs
2017 cwshl regular season champs.

Dangle

Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:06 pm

geoguy wrote:I think coach Coolen made the correct decision Sunday by dropping bussey to the second line with yetman and gill and bringing Brennan up to play with Fergus and wicks. Bussey's foot speed matches better with that of yetman and gill. Fergus and wicks are faster players and Brennan fits in well with regard to that aspect. Bussey, Fergus, and wicks have great passing chemistry but I always felt that the other two were mostly ahead.

With regards to him being an agitator he would be killer to play against as you would want to tear him a new one. Ryan Penney is another player like this who you love when he's with you and hate when he's against you. As a fan when your against these type players it seems as if they feed off it and manage to score a big goal everytime and add insult to injury.
Coach Coolen is usually overlooked when people talk of the Cats success so far. IMO he is a major factor in how the team as developed, especially considering the younger guys we have.
Bussey, too, is often overlooked as part of the team's success. His aggravating style upsets many of the other teams players. I've seen many, actually, most games, where players are constantly off their game and responding to Bussey's tactics. And he has some skill, also, as he showed this weekend.
I don't think Penny is that way so much any more.

timbits

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Penney seems to have settle down a bit, maybe it's the newborn in his life now lol. Nicholas was famous for this stuff too. There's been many players like this over the years. Bussey does his job well and it especially showed Sunday when he drew a penalty and then scored on the power play.

smogdog

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:34 pm

hes the new nichlaus for the cats can play and agitate too lol

NLHockeyTalk.ca

Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:51 pm

geoguy wrote:I think coach Coolen made the correct decision Sunday by dropping bussey to the second line with yetman and gill and bringing Brennan up to play with Fergus and wicks. Bussey's foot speed matches better with that of yetman and gill. Fergus and wicks are faster players and Brennan fits in well with regard to that aspect. Bussey, Fergus, and wicks have great passing chemistry but I always felt that the other two were mostly ahead.

The line switch had a big impact I think.

The Fergus line definitely had more speed & puck control.

I was also surprised how how hard Lidstrom's shot was ... he's got a bullet.

• Information