A.J. Whiffen Speaks

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
timbits
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:07 pm

http://www.gfwadvertiser.ca/Sports/2016 ... m=facebook

After reading this article, as a cats fan, it makes me wish I never purchased my holding seats this season to be honest. It's bullsh*t like this that kills the league. Pure bullsh*t.

The Bottom Line

Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:39 pm

Well, that's one side, I bet the other is totally different. This side makes absolutely no sense at all to me. Why wouldn't they want him ?? :? I'm thinking there may be a lot more to this and I'm sure we're about to read all about the...."rumors" that everyone has heard.

royalcat

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:27 pm

If this is true I have lost all respect for the Cats organization,after being a cats fan since the 60's

wtf100

Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:51 pm

When a player of this caliber is released there is usually a very good reason. I wouldn't be too quick to jump to conclusions based on what the player says.

Seniorfan

Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:59 pm

Wow. Just read the story and the one thing that really jumped out at me was the number of discrepancies in the stories told by the player and the organization. The first one being that the player says the Cataracts never contacted him over the summer. Whereas I had a number of conversations with people involved with the Cats expressing their frustration at AJ for not returning any calls or texts that were being sent. One would assume there are still electronic records of these attempted communications. I'm told that the team definitely wanted him back but he didn't seem interested in returning for the reasons he gave in the paper. Secondly saying he never got an offer. I'm hearing the Cats asked him what he wanted for the coming season but his demands (nonfinancial) couldn't even be entertained so while technically it might be true it left the impression the Cats weren't interested in having him back which wasn't true. The Cataracts did release him but at his request. It wasn't the teams decision. There's a lot more to this than just one side of the story. Did the writer even try to contact the Cataracts organization ? It doesn't say so in his story. Very one sided. I don't think people should be too quick to jump to any conclusions based on what they read.

Caribous insider

Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:38 pm

He said she said! It had to happen eventually! Top goalie in the league for years, (so the stats and Catsfans say) the beloved AJ, has one bad game in the AC play downs and then gets tossed aside like an old PMP5030! Never even got to start one game! There's no way to justify that! What the heck did everyone think the end result would be?!?!? And guess what byes.....even with the Cats great defence core in front of him.....Gillis is not as good as AJ. Just wait and see......JMO

Newbie123

Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 pm

Gillis and the cats d > Churchill and the bous d

puckit

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:14 pm

Remember, guys, there are three sides to every story. The complainant, the defendant and the actual facts. The truth lies somewhere in between. Don't be too hasty to jump to conclusions. Just an unfortunate situation that arose during the Allan Cup playoffs which obviously couldn't be resolved.
If at first you don't succeed....PUCKIT!

Caribous insider

Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:51 pm

Newbie123 wrote:Gillis and the cats d > Churchill and the bous d
It's got nothing to do with the Caribous.....

superfan

Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:20 pm

Caribous insider wrote:He said she said! It had to happen eventually! Top goalie in the league for years, (so the stats and Catsfans say) the beloved AJ, has one bad game in the AC play downs and then gets tossed aside like an old PMP5030! Never even got to start one game! There's no way to justify that! What the heck did everyone think the end result would be?!?!? And guess what byes.....even with the Cats great defence core in front of him.....Gillis is not as good as AJ. Just wait and see......JMO

Cant argue with your point CI , you were on the Bous bench and seen everything unfold on the ice .

... cause AJ was not letting any in, come hell or high water .

• Information