Bous Hockey this weekend

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
royalcat
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:37 am

Already the middle of the week and no talk about the Bous line up.No interest?Thought there would be lots of talk around to get fans out.

Topshelf

Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:48 pm

Just came on here for the first time in Months to catch up before opening weekend. Not much here is it. I don't know who is left in the organization, but IMO, theres lots they can do to better create a buzz around town about this weekend, with minimal cost. The Cats are coming for opening weekend! The Caribous need to do a better job marketing. Lots of great ideas on the net. Maybe they just don't have the people to do it.

catsfan96

Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:11 pm

Bys there was a time on this site on a Wednesday the site would be in over load of info for the games on the weekend, Cats vs Bous? it was the hottest ticket in town and a fierce rivalry... now? by Friday we may get a few comments, the Cats do an amazing job keeping the fans in the know.. always have! Just sad to see the league excitement on the decline.... feels like the rivalry is dying out... probably the best years for the league was when the royals and red wings were in the league, then the cats had the wings rivalry anton mikilave, mike lee, rob robinson, 2 langers, brian barker.. then the royals with terry ryan, darren colbourne,randy wolfe, steve north, etc. then the bous came into the scene and they became a force.... just a few years back the whole province was all about senior hockey, today? sad decline, no wings no royals... bous on the ropes.. JMO
GFW Cataracts 2010/2011 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2013/2014 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2014/2015 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2015/2016 Herder Champs
GFW Cataracts 2016/2017 Allan Cup Champs

royalcat

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:07 pm

Come on Bous organization step up.The people stepped up when you went looking for money.Now try and keep the fans interested.Not very smart!

Caribous insider

Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Just a couple of comments here........first of all, I will say that the Cats have the best fans in the league. Ive said that before a couple of other times and I still believe that to be true. Having said that, I do believe that winning the past 3 Herders, along with past and pending trips to the AC, helps to keep interest. When the Caribous were winning there were fans coming out of the woodwork and Id bet my last dollar that if the Royals had a Herder win or 2 in the last 3 or 4 seasons that they would still have a team on the ice. Its easy to have great fans support when you are winning. I do also agree that the Cats organization is doing a great job in all aspects of managing its team both on and off the ice. To do that you need a great support system of volunteers and once again, thats a lot easier to have when your team is winning. My hat is off the the whole organization.

Second comment is about this site. I registered 10 years ago and like others here, Ive seen it all. Hell Ive been kicked off a couple of times myself and there are a few others who are still here, who are in the same boat. Having said that, I believe that most of us have grown tired of the BS and that includes both new and older long time members. Its my belief that the days of old when you would see many many threads, new and old, running at the same time are long gone. Everybody knows why this is and I dont even need to say it. Soooo.....Until the owners of the site are willing and able to find a way or the financial ability to force all posters to openly and freely use their real names, nothing will change. Most of the time a simple hockey discussion is just impossible so why would people even bother to try......

Ivan

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:27 pm

royalcat wrote:Already the middle of the week and no talk about the Bous line up.No interest?Thought there would be lots of talk around to get fans out.
Last Friday I notified everyone on this site that we had released our lineup to the Packet and also the Telegram. Both of them in turn done an article on the Bous and Catsfan last Friday took it from the Packet and posted it on this site. Sorry if you missed it but I will list it again. And Yes a lack of volunteers certainly hurts when there is so much to do. Goal. Churchill and Tyler Whiffen. Defense Roach, Pender, Mcnamara, Power, Mahoney and Import Parker Deighan. Forwards. Derosier, Macrae, Donaghey, Reid Reid, Crann, Russell, Delaney, Delaney, Mahoney, Kennedy, Earle.

Ivan

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:29 pm

3 others who are trying to balance hockey with Family and work are Penney, Bavis and Smith. There status is unknown at this time.

Ivan

Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:38 pm

I have to be honest and have to commend Jonathon Parsons from the Packet on the coverage he has given us over the past few weeks and also the coverage by Robin Short of the Telegram. They couldn't release our roster until I gave it to them and I gave it to them the day we had our decisions made. Anyone who frequent this site certainly know posting sensible hockey info on here the past few weeks was met with lots of sarcasm, so why waste the time. Hopefully that matter has been taken care of.

Topshelf

Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:44 pm

Thanks Ivan. I agree, you have lots to do, rather than be on here for people taking jabs at you. You still involved CI ?

canonball

Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:08 pm

Guys go back over the post ,I believe that it was Wednesday last week that someone inquired about the lineup for the cats and flyers games and there has not been much talk about the games after that .So I guess that it is not just the bous here but all teams and their fans ... Things are slowing down all around .Only for the cats committing to the Allan cup this year we would have nothing to talk about because there would be no CWSHL.

• Information