Beating cats and playing ceebees

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
dakota
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:43 pm

I must say that it really felt good beating the cats because they are our big rivilary but u have to respect that franchise and town...big hockey town. Now playing the ceebees I wasn't really built up for it, but after listening to some of the ignorant posters here talking crap and hoping for our league to fail has made it very easy to dislike them and I hope the bous blow them out. All the talk about attendance out west makes me sick, both the bous and cats average about five times the average of aeshl teams...all the talk about where players are from also makes me sick, wonder how the NHL would look if players had to be from local area? Can u imagine tamba bay playing the leafs or habs if they only had local players? Lol, give it a rest

enforcer

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:51 pm

dakota wrote:I must say that it really felt good beating the cats because they are our big rivilary but u have to respect that franchise and town...big hockey town. Now playing the ceebees I wasn't really built up for it, but after listening to some of the ignorant posters here talking crap and hoping for our league to fail has made it very easy to dislike them and I hope the bous blow them out. All the talk about attendance out west makes me sick, both the bous and cats average about five times the average of aeshl teams...all the talk about where players are from also makes me sick, wonder how the NHL would look if players had to be from local area? Can u imagine tamba bay playing the leafs or habs if they only had local players? Lol, give it a rest
Didn't know this was the NHL and you can't afford to ice 20 players or have any extra players on the roster incase if anyone got hurt so if you can't afford imports then you must play locals then again no decent players ever came out of Clarenville..

swoo_05

Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Don't worry enforcer your high priced ceebees are going to get crashed this weekend in clarenville like I said I'm not even a bous fan but Go Bous Go

enforcer

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:01 pm

swoo_05 wrote:Don't worry enforcer your high priced ceebees are going to get crashed this weekend in clarenville like I said I'm not even a bous fan but Go Bous Go
Bous's won't be able to ice a team the weekend if we get that storm be some tired body's Friday night if the imports can't get in and no churchill with Earle being suspended and Reid still out..

thelionsden

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:14 pm

I have to agree Dakota, the rivalry between the Cataracts and Caribous has been epic for quite sometime. The hockey displayed this past few weeks is some of the best I've see in quite a while. The series could have went either way.
I will be looking forward to seeing Clarenville hoist the Herder on Saturday night, I would hope there will be a big crowd on hand this weekend to help cheer on your team. Ivan has put together a good mix of vets and youth and when your hungary to get back on top, that alone can put you back up there. I spoke to Keith Delaney during the hand shakes, his exact words were...This was a battle and the best series of hockey I ever played in....people talk about players coming here for the money....yes, i'm sure players enjoy the $$$, but they also enjoy the intense competitive hockey that they get here in the CWSHL. Lets hope it lasts.

As for the Cataracts and the Town of Grand falls-Windsor being a hockey town...that is indeed true....we had numbers at the game last Friday not seen since our 2011 Herder finals.

Again Good luck to the Caribous, Win this one for Ivan boys.

enforcer

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:19 pm

thelionsden wrote:I have to agree Dakota, the rivalry between the Cataracts and Caribous has been epic for quite sometime. The hockey displayed this past few weeks is some of the best I've see in quite a while. The series could have went either way.
I will be looking forward to seeing Clarenville hoist the Herder on Saturday night, I would hope there will be a big crowd on hand this weekend to help cheer on your team. Ivan has put together a good mix of vets and youth and when your hungary to get back on top, that alone can put you back up there. I spoke to Keith Delaney during the hand shakes, his exact words were...This was a battle and the best series of hockey I ever played in....people talk about players coming here for the money....yes, i'm sure players enjoy the $$$, but they also enjoy the intense competitive hockey that they get here in the CWSHL. Lets hope it lasts.

As for the Cataracts and the Town of Grand falls-Windsor being a hockey town...that is indeed true....we had numbers at the game last Friday not seen since our 2011 Herder finals.

Another fan that think he know everything about hockey because he attend the games...

thelionsden

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:21 pm

Not worth my comments Troll...but i'll bite....Been involved with Senior Hockey here from 13+ years...a little more than a fan and 4 Herder's to show for it.

enforcer

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:23 pm

thelionsden wrote:Not worth my comments Troll...but i'll bite....Been involved with Senior Hockey here from 13+ years...a little more than a fan and 4 Herder's to show for it.
Just because you throw out a few tennis balls between periods and get in for free don't mean you know anything about hockey...

dakota

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:26 pm

thelionsden wrote:I have to agree Dakota, the rivalry between the Cataracts and Caribous has been epic for quite sometime. The hockey displayed this past few weeks is some of the best I've see in quite a while. The series could have went either way.

Great post and I truly hope we have hockey next year. Every team has to use the the cats model and make running team a full year event...the executives with cats and bous are second to none.

thelionsden

Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:33 pm

enforcer wrote:
thelionsden wrote:Not worth my comments Troll...but i'll bite....Been involved with Senior Hockey here from 13+ years...a little more than a fan and 4 Herder's to show for it.
Just because you throw out a few tennis balls between periods and get in for free don't mean you know anything about hockey...
Hey Skippy, it's like anything... you help out where you can. But I have done everything for this team...other than Coach and play....and I enjoyed every minute of it. and get in for FREE....lol I've raised enough money for the Cataracts over the past 13+ years to pay for your Daycare for the next 20 years.

• Information