Herder...

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Apr 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Everyone knows the NL representative at the Allan Cup has different rules than other provinces for picking up players. Explain it now knuckleball. Tell them only one team registers for AAA so that the NL representative can select other players from their league. Other provinces have more than one registered for AAA so they can't select players from that team. What a farce. So yes, your variety pack team won the Allan Cup.

canonball

Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Not arguing that the bous won with a variety pack ,but tell me are the other teams at an advantage over the NL teams that went to the Allan cup ? Also at the time the bous won the -Allan cup they were only allowed to pick up players from one team and were not allowed 6 imports in the NL league .. No matter how you want to look at it the CB's without pickups would not score a goal against either team that played in the WCSHL .Also the CB's were awarded the Herder because of one person and we will all remember that for years to come ..The Herder win that wasn't.

Hockey Eyes

Fri Apr 07, 2017 6:23 pm

123 wrote:Everyone knows the NL representative at the Allan Cup has different rules than other provinces for picking up players. Explain it now knuckleball. Tell them only one team registers for AAA so that the NL representative can select other players from their league. Other provinces have more than one registered for AAA so they can't select players from that team. What a farce. So yes, your variety pack team won the Allan Cup.

Newfoundland was getting ready to leave the Allan Cup a few years ago because it was not competitive so the Allan Cup people changed the rules and let us strengthen our team. Remember when there was talk of Newfoundland " bidding" for the Allan Cup. They already HAD it and it was going to Clarenville.
Last year the darlings of the Alan Cup was a team from New Brunswick nobody heard of. This year New Brunswick is hosting the Allan Cup because the team scheduled to host I think it was the Kenora Thistles from Ontario .....withdrew . So now two of the last three Allan Cups will be held in Atlantic Canada.This year in New Brunswick of the six teams competing ... three are from Atlantic Canada...Two from New Brunswick and one from Newfoundland.
I have no way of knowing but I expect next year the Ceebee Stars will say " thanks but no thanks" to going to the Allan Cup.
I think the Cataracts will win this year . They should anyway.

Tomcod

Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:37 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
123 wrote:Everyone knows the NL representative at the Allan Cup has different rules than other provinces for picking up players. Explain it now knuckleball. Tell them only one team registers for AAA so that the NL representative can select other players from their league. Other provinces have more than one registered for AAA so they can't select players from that team. What a farce. So yes, your variety pack team won the Allan Cup.

Newfoundland was getting ready to leave the Allan Cup a few years ago because it was not competitive so the Allan Cup people changed the rules and let us strengthen our team. Remember when there was talk of Newfoundland " bidding" for the Allan Cup. They already HAD it and it was going to Clarenville.
Last year the darlings of the Alan Cup was a team from New Brunswick nobody heard of. This year New Brunswick is hosting the Allan Cup because the team scheduled to host I think it was the Kenora Thistles from Ontario .....withdrew . So now two of the last three Allan Cups will be held in Atlantic Canada.This year in New Brunswick of the six teams competing ... three are from Atlantic Canada...Two from New Brunswick and one from Newfoundland.
I have no way of knowing but I expect next year the Ceebee Stars will say " thanks but no thanks" to going to the Allan Cup.
I think the Cataracts will win this year . They should anyway.
Well Hockey Lies I don't know where you get your info but I think someone is leading you down the garden path.. Every team at the Allan Cup are allowed affiliate players and have them on their protected lists..except the Ontario team dosent have affiliate players because with their population and players to choose from they don't need them ..
Also the mainland teams are allowed to pickup six imports year after year under Hockey Canada rules ( which means that after two years those teams can have a dozen imports in their lineup ) ..
HNL puts restrictions on imports in our league , we are only allowed two imports per team and are considered an import year after year unless HNL deems them non imports which is very rare .. ( Example Luke Gallant has played with us for 5 or 6 years and is still considered an import ) Mainland teams don't have those restrictions .. Now you tell me who is at a disadvantage ?? Stay tuned...

canonball

Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:00 pm

Forget it Tomcod no good to even try nothing going to hold up there . Just passes on through ,It is the wrong league that is entered in the Allan cup play from NL ,it should be the Aeshl we all know that they are the only true amateur league in the country . Sure there is no player getting paid on any of their teams

Tomcod

Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:03 pm

Oh by the way forgot to mention that two of the cats imports for the Allan Cup are Newfoundlanders namely Matthew Bragg and Travis Randell whereas Luke Gallant and Colin Circelli aren't considered imports under Hockey Canada rules.. ( Its HNL restrictions that prevents our senior teams from being as strong as the rest of the teams at the AC ) .. STAY TUNED..

Tomcod

Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:08 pm

canonball wrote:Forget it Tomcod no good to even try nothing going to hold up there . Just passes on through ,It is the wrong league that is entered in the Allan cup play from NL ,it should be the Aeshl we all know that they are the only true amateur league in the country . Sure there is no player getting paid on any of their teams
I know Cannon , sure there are players playing in the east that left a pile of money on the table in the west just to goplay for the love of the game lol.. stay tuned...

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:24 am

chesterfriedchicken wrote:
canonball wrote:
123 wrote:Simmer down Canon. It's over. The Caribous lost the Herder to the CeeBees. The mighty CWSHL lost the Herder to a team from a recreational beer league. To me it's more like David slaying Goliath. The demons have been exercised.

Yes they did and a variety pack at that , not the champs of the east league

A variety pack of fans will be cheering on the Herder Champs.
A team consisting of a variety pack of players that nobody wanted in the CWSHL.
A variety pack of players that apparently weren't good enough to make a team in the CWSHL.

They beat a team that had a variety pack of players from all over the map.
1 - Local from Clarenville
1 - Hodges Cove
The rest, 1- PEI, 2 - NS, 1 - Goulds, 1 - Lab City, 4 - St. John's, 2 - North River, 2 - Normans Cove, 1 - CBS, 1 - Grand Falls........

To me that's more of a variety pack than a bunch of locals isn't it? Ceebees didn't have to worry about flights getting in for their imports did they?

You are a variety pack of excuses. Good luck watching whatever league you have next year, we out east will watch the 51st straight season of the Avalon East Senior Hockey League, not the West, Central, Titanic or whatever you guys decide to have next year if you have a league. We already know we have a league, we already know its name, and we already know we have a trophy.............and a herder to defend, in a variety pack of ways.
This IS one of the best all time posts on this site ^:)^

Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:26 am

canonball wrote:Not arguing that the bous won with a variety pack ,but tell me are the other teams at an advantage over the NL teams that went to the Allan cup ? Also at the time the bous won the -Allan cup they were only allowed to pick up players from one team and were not allowed 6 imports in the NL league .. No matter how you want to look at it the CB's without pickups would not score a goal against either team that played in the WCSHL .Also the CB's were awarded the Herder because of one person and we will all remember that for years to come ..The Herder win that wasn't.
The NL representative picks up players from their own league. Can other provinces representatives do the same or just get pickups from lower leagues?

top cheese

Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:36 am

I think people need to examine the rules and understand the challenges associated with continuing to keep the Allan cup alive.

Anyone who watched the Allan cup in clarenville knows that most of these teams are made up of eniirely ex professional players and is a very high level of hockey. So take a step up from cwshl/wcsh. There is also a need for teams to be able to replace players who can't travel for the tournament.

Why is it in nl anyone in St. John's or a small town associated with the aeshl believe that a local is from that exact town. Clearly people prefer rec hockey. And doesn't know how hockey Canada distinguishes import from local

• Information