Bryan Gillis - Top Goalie award ??

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
timbits
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:44 am

Churchill also made some very very good saves. For most of the game it was a goaltending clinic, which is not something we see much of in this league, going almost 2 periods without a goal is pretty rare imo.

The Bottom Line

Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Didn't lose a game in the 2017 AC. Held the cats in there and at times, he was the best player. Top team in Canada and he was a big part of the success. Congrats!

The Hawk

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:22 am

jimmyjoe wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:Many speculated that Brian Gillis would not measure up, but the stat's show that he's clearly the leagues top goalie and clearly the man to lead the Cats to compete for the Allan Cup. Not to mention that he scored the first goal of the season this year !! Honorable mention also to Jason Stone. Although he only played 4 games, he won 3 and lost one in a shootout, but he did post the leagues best GAA and SVPCT. Can't ask for a better effort or results from a backup tender. Hands down, the best 1-2 combination in the league between the pipes. Between them both, only 2 regulation time losses in 18 games. Congrats to both on a solid year !!!

Gillis - (10W - 2 L) GAA: 2.625........SVPCT .924
Churchil - (5W - 6L) GAA: 3.535.....SVPCT .905
Stone - (3W- 0L) GAA 2.090..........SVPCT .953
Bottom line, even though I'm a Cats fan, I have to say you truly have a hate for Clarenville. Everything you say reflects that. Eg: in this post you only compare Churchill to the other 2, what about Whiffen, Manuel and Chevrie. Nobody likes to see the Cats beat the Bous more than I do, but I still respect the Bous team and executive that help keep providing us with top notch entertainment. Look back over your posts and you will see what I'm saying is true.
Which one of these goalies won the provincial MVP award and the best goaltender award in the province.
Answer: Neither one

It was A. J. WHIFFEN. (played for the Cee Bees by the way).

The Hawk

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:23 am

jimmyjoe wrote:
The Bottom Line wrote:Many speculated that Brian Gillis would not measure up, but the stat's show that he's clearly the leagues top goalie and clearly the man to lead the Cats to compete for the Allan Cup. Not to mention that he scored the first goal of the season this year !! Honorable mention also to Jason Stone. Although he only played 4 games, he won 3 and lost one in a shootout, but he did post the leagues best GAA and SVPCT. Can't ask for a better effort or results from a backup tender. Hands down, the best 1-2 combination in the league between the pipes. Between them both, only 2 regulation time losses in 18 games. Congrats to both on a solid year !!!

Gillis - (10W - 2 L) GAA: 2.625........SVPCT .924
Churchil - (5W - 6L) GAA: 3.535.....SVPCT .905
Stone - (3W- 0L) GAA 2.090..........SVPCT .953
Bottom line, even though I'm a Cats fan, I have to say you truly have a hate for Clarenville. Everything you say reflects that. Eg: in this post you only compare Churchill to the other 2, what about Whiffen, Manuel and Chevrie. Nobody likes to see the Cats beat the Bous more than I do, but I still respect the Bous team and executive that help keep providing us with top notch entertainment. Look back over your posts and you will see what I'm saying is true.
Which one of these goalies won the provincial MVP award and the best goaltender award in the province.
Answer: Neither one

It was A. J. WHIFFEN. (played for the Cee Bees by the way).

swoo_05

Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:30 am

aj whiffen has not won a national championship Jason Churchill has 2 allan cup rings now bryan gillis 1 allan cup ring plus top goalie in a national championship has aj whiffen won any off these nope I don't think so

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:24 pm

Swoo you're out to lunch. AJ plays on this same stacked team and he wins the Allan Cup. These Allan Cup teams keep get more and more stacked every year.

catfan

Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:30 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:Swoo you're out to lunch. AJ plays on this same stacked team and he wins the Allan Cup. These Allan Cup teams keep get more and more stacked every year.
We only play by the rules. And why should AJ play when Gillis is the better goalie?

Oh just a fan

Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm not saying you weren't playing by the rules. I'm just saying AJ would have won with this team too.
And I'm done arguing with someone who's keeps seeing things through their green glasses. I'm not a fan of any team and I see it how I see it. AJ has beaten Gillis every time he's team has played them. This year is the first year in four years the Cats didn't win the league and AJ wasn't the goalie there, andddddddd not only that AJ's new team wins the Herder.

canonball

Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:26 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:I'm not saying you weren't playing by the rules. I'm just saying AJ would have won with this team too.
And I'm done arguing with someone who's keeps seeing things through their green glasses. I'm not a fan of any team and I see it how I see it. AJ has beaten Gillis every time he's team has played them. This year is the first year in four years the Cats didn't win the league and AJ wasn't the goalie there, andddddddd not only that AJ's new team wins the Herder.

AJ new team were awarded the Herder ,difference in winning and being awarded something

superfan

Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:16 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:Didn't lose a game in the 2017 AC. Held the cats in there and at times, he was the best player. Top team in Canada and he was a big part of the success. Congrats!

Job well done .

..... and this is your time .

• Information