Eagles Vs Bous (Updates)

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
#1BousFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:57 am

Updates here plz
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

goboosgo

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:06 pm

After 1, Bous 7 Joe Maynard 1. Shots 26-11.

goboosgo

Sun Dec 03, 2017 2:55 pm

After2, 10-2, shots 44-21.

goboosgo

Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Final: 14-2 Bous. Shots 62-28 Bous

tincanfan

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:25 pm

And the powers that be expect fans to attend games like that. Eagles not even close to being in this league. Pathetic

timbits

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Sounds like the caps are the only decently strong team out east. The only team that haven't got blown out against a west team yet.

gamer750

Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Eagles missing some top players, two Cadigens, Wadden,and others.
Dont think it would have made a big difference,,,

just watch

Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:32 pm

Never paid their stars enough to travel I'd say . Give them a raise , they'll be alright... Opps only the cee bees paid players.

Hockey Eyes

Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm

My understanding is that as of a couple of weeks ago the Eagles sought not to play this game but that wasn't possible. They are in the process of reforming. Joe Maynard is no long general manager. A couple of weeks ago they had only twelve skaters for a game. They have been using some juniors to get them through this period. The Caps are a solid team but so are the Southern Shore Breakers.. I think last years Eagles would have beaten the Clarenville Caribous . The Eagles were on a par with the CeeBee Stars ...maybe a touch below them. That however is this year and the Eagles have lost a lot of players through retirement. They were an "old" team last year.
Keep in mind as well the Eagles players or the Caps or any of the others aren't employees of the teams. They just like playing hockey . They didn't sign up for road games. I don't know but I'll bet it was a very short bench today for the Eagles and I'll bet the Cadigan boys or Mooney weren't there.
Police shifts affect this team big time.
The Eagles might be there for the Herder. They have several " after Christmas" committments. Remember this is an "amateur league.
However I understand your disappointment after the Caps showed well on Saturday.

Seniorfan

Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm
My understanding is that as of a couple of weeks ago the Eagles sought not to play this game but that wasn't possible. They are in the process of reforming. Joe Maynard is no long general manager. A couple of weeks ago they had only twelve skaters for a game. They have been using some juniors to get them through this period. The Caps are a solid team but so are the Southern Shore Breakers.. I think last years Eagles would have beaten the Clarenville Caribous . The Eagles were on a par with the CeeBee Stars ...maybe a touch below them. That however is this year and the Eagles have lost a lot of players through retirement. They were an "old" team last year.
Keep in mind as well the Eagles players or the Caps or any of the others aren't employees of the teams. They just like playing hockey . They didn't sign up for road games. I don't know but I'll bet it was a very short bench today for the Eagles and I'll bet the Cadigan boys or Mooney weren't there.
Police shifts affect this team big time.
The Eagles might be there for the Herder. They have several " after Christmas" committments. Remember this is an "amateur league.
However I understand your disappointment after the Caps showed well on Saturday.
The CWSHL is also an amateur league (check with Hockey Canada) with all players also having other primary commitments outside hockey including work, school and family. That's why not everybody makes it to all games.The fact that they are compensated for having to spend weekends away doesn't change that. The player's here have same work responsibilities as those in ECSHL so that's not much of an excuse. Players in the ECSHL league get to stay home and play so don't require compensation for all the extra time away (not to say many aren't compensated just for playing a game every few evenings). This is a demographic reality that you continually choose to ignore. Maybe if the eagles don't plan on playing seriously during the season but only intend on "showing up" later on, the question should be asked about why they should even be eligible to play for the Herder at all. In that case it would be just a challenge trophy with teams getting together at the last moment to compete without having to earn the right. As to signing up for road games, playing in Clarenville only involves driving to the rink and then driving home afterwards. Not that much farther than driving to HG for the past few years and it's only for the entire season. Real competitors would have welcomed the opportunity. Excuses, excuses, excuses......

• Information