Eagles Vs Bous (Updates)

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
mr.hockey
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:36 pm

Don't shoot the messenger but these rumors have been flying the past week,...all hockey fans in Hr.grace area are talking....New league next year on the avalon with people already committed.
1. Ceebees
2. Mt.Pearl
3. Paradise
4. CBS
5. Torbay
6. Clarenville

Thats the latest...

#1BousFan

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:17 pm

mr.hockey wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:36 pm
Don't shoot the messenger but these rumors have been flying the past week,...all hockey fans in Hr.grace area are talking....New league next year on the avalon with people already committed.
1. Ceebees
2. Mt.Pearl
3. Paradise
4. CBS
5. Torbay
6. Clarenville

Thats the latest...
Players are not going to want to travel here
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Hockey Eyes

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:50 pm

HockeyFan29 wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:56 pm
Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:01 pm
My understanding is that as of a couple of weeks ago the Eagles sought not to play this game but that wasn't possible. They are in the process of reforming. Joe Maynard is no long general manager. A couple of weeks ago they had only twelve skaters for a game. They have been using some juniors to get them through this period. The Caps are a solid team but so are the Southern Shore Breakers.. I think last years Eagles would have beaten the Clarenville Caribous . The Eagles were on a par with the CeeBee Stars ...maybe a touch below them. That however is this year and the Eagles have lost a lot of players through retirement. They were an "old" team last year.
Keep in mind as well the Eagles players or the Caps or any of the others aren't employees of the teams. They just like playing hockey . They didn't sign up for road games. I don't know but I'll bet it was a very short bench today for the Eagles and I'll bet the Cadigan boys or Mooney weren't there.
Police shifts affect this team big time.
The Eagles might be there for the Herder. They have several " after Christmas" committments. Remember this is an "amateur league.
However I understand your disappointment after the Caps showed well on Saturday.
The Eagles were not on par with the Cee Bees last year..... The Cee Bees skated them into the ice in the AESHL final and it was very apparent the Eagles didn't have the speed or conditioning to keep up and got outworked big time. Even with the Cadigans, Mooney, Chris Sparkes, Sean Wadden in their line up they still wouldn't have been any match for the Caribous this past weekend. They may have lost 8-2 instead of 14-2 but that is as close as they would have gotten. They have guys in their line-up who have no business playing senior hockey, and when they finally get all their "big guns" in the line up after Christmas they will be too old and too slow.

The Shore do not have a solid team this year. They have two defencemen who are capable of playing meaningful minutes in senior hockey, and before you start praising him up neither one of them are named Mike Lee (he was slow when he played his best hockey with Deer Lake 10 years ago, let alone now). They have very little depth up front, inconsistent goaltending and haven't been able to get enough bodies to ice a full team yet this year, and I don't think Ray Dalton or Morgan Warren will be suiting up this year. They have no help on the way and will struggle to finish the year, especially if they get a couple injuries.

St. John's are far and away the best team in the East this year and the league is theirs to lose, with the addition of 6 strengthening players, they may actually put up a fight for the Herder. They are well coached, hard working, can usually muster up enough players for a full bench, and have solid goaltending.

I haven't seen Conception Bay play this year so I can't offer an opinion on them.

Fair enough the St. John's Caps are the team to beat ..as of this hour. Yes they have the goal tending ..as do the Eagles ....the Caps are very well coached... St. John's is a top drawer organization ... The Eagles though are still a work in progress. They have good hockey people in charge and are expecting players to come looking to join ... They aren't looking to get all of last years players back. They are looking to build a team... I would say by the end of January they will be a force to be dealt with ... at the end it will be Eagles -Caps .Obviously I hope the Eagles win but the Caps are certainly the best team in the league TODAY. It is sort of a nice model for the league. A team that is kind of a " club" that was grounded in junior hockey and now has a lot of good players playing senior.

Oh just a fan

Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 am

Will the east teams even be allowed 6 strengthening players this year? I don’t see why they should be allowed. I got it over the past few seasons they were allowed due to imports, but the CW teams don’t have imports anymore.

timbits

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:34 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:55 am
Will the east teams even be allowed 6 strengthening players this year? I don’t see why they should be allowed. I got it over the past few seasons they were allowed due to imports, but the CW teams don’t have imports anymore.
Exactly the point I was making just earlier on this thread.

Oh just a fan

Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm

Sorry Timbits didn’t read all of the thread completely.

Flyer24

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:00 pm

One thing I have leared from playing and now watching Senior Hockey in this province, is that anything is possible. And if it doesnt make a whole lot of sense Hockey NL will likely endorse it. And dont even get me started on Minor Hockey.

timbits

Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:57 pm
Sorry Timbits didn’t read all of the thread completely.
No worries, I was just glad we were on the same terms more or less. :lol:

• Information