Bous @ Cats Updates

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
#1BousFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:41 pm

We had Churchill, Jordan Kennedy, Mason Reid & Cody Mcnamera out
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Spiff

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:40 am

Tip of the hat to the Blades pickups for last nights game. They all started on the first line and looked great they worked hard all night and held their own. Stone was great in net. Just one of those nights.

tincanfan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:52 am

Are there any other excuses laying around that the broadcasters and fans haven't found yet. Every team have bad nights, work and family commitments,
Get over it.

tincanfan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 am

timbits wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm
Good showing for the cats with 6-7 regulars out. 4-5 guys playing that never played a game of senior hockey before, stone was in net and played great, don't think aj arrived until the 3rd period.
Ryan Delaney was a class act tonight trying to use his stick as a chopping axe. Didn't really see the bous 3rd goal but stone got ran hard and the net was off, he was down for a long time. I guess the puck went in before but from my angle I don't think it should've been a goal. Anyone know if this is the lineup the cats will bring to gander Sunday? If so they will get lit up.
Do you really think a player will deliberately swing his stick at another player without being provoked. Look at the Cats player he slashed, didn;t you see the halo over his head. If YOUR broadcasters would have shown replays a different story would be told. We all know how the refs and HNL can make mistakes and screw things up.

royalcat

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:08 am

Yes it was a good showing by these young players to step in.For some of them it was their first taste of senior hockey.They gave the Bous a run,but ran out of gas in the third.Great job guys.

GeorgeScott

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:18 pm

tincanfan wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:02 am
timbits wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:05 pm
Good showing for the cats with 6-7 regulars out. 4-5 guys playing that never played a game of senior hockey before, stone was in net and played great, don't think aj arrived until the 3rd period.
Ryan Delaney was a class act tonight trying to use his stick as a chopping axe. Didn't really see the bous 3rd goal but stone got ran hard and the net was off, he was down for a long time. I guess the puck went in before but from my angle I don't think it should've been a goal. Anyone know if this is the lineup the cats will bring to gander Sunday? If so they will get lit up.
Do you really think a player will deliberately swing his stick at another player without being provoked. Look at the Cats player he slashed, didn;t you see the halo over his head. If YOUR broadcasters would have shown replays a different story would be told. We all know how the refs and HNL can make mistakes and screw things up.

I don't want to get involved in the debate but for the record, ever since we got replay capability a couple of years ago it had been our policy to only use it to show goals. I've no interest in getting caught up in debates over why we would show one hit and not another....but I'm glad you had the opportunity to watch the game.

superfan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:36 pm

George, I am glad your self and Robert continue to step up to the plate, bringing these games to those who can't make it to the game .

Of course the same goes to the Cats organization, who have made this all possible .

Thank you all, and thank you always :ymapplause:

GeorgeScott

Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:51 pm

superfan wrote:
George, I am glad your self and Robert continue to step up to the plate, bringing these games to those who can't make it to the game .

Of course the same goes to the Cats organization, who have made this all possible .

Thanks as always Teddy...you da man

tincanfan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:42 pm

superfan wrote:

You guys do a wonderful job. Just trying to stir the pot a little. Not enough people on here to have a little fun. Local Hockey just not promoted in the press anymore. Local media just report mainland sports. They are the ones who can get the fans back. Promotion is everything.

Oh just a fan

Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:28 pm

Was standing down behind the Cats end 1-3 periods. That goal where the Cats player pushes a Bous player into the net, was a good goal. Puck was definitely across the line before the net came off.
Also was really impressed with Jeremy Drover and Jared King two younger guys who’ve never played at this level before.
Also AJ was there for the start of the game too, he didn’t just show up in the third.

• Information