Congrats Caribous

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
thelionsden
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am

Congratulations to the Clarenville Carbous on winning a hard fought series in which, in my opinion they had control of from game one. They played as a unit at both ends of the ice. kudos to them and in my opinion they will take the Flyers in 4-5 as well.

As for the 2017-2018 Cataracts, this is a team that really never came together. To many different line combinations and it seemed to me looking from the outside, that there was no structure to their game. The loss of Luke Gallant and Collin Circelli is huge in my opinion, but it is a wash as both Gander and Clarenville lost their Imports as well. But with the Additional loss of Travis Randell, who in my opinion was one of if not the best defensive players one the ice last season and versatile Stephen Simms pushed the Cataracts Depth way back. They never really had the "IT" factor at all this season.

On a side note, kudos to Mike Brent for committing to the Whole season this year, as he had all but retired from senior hockey to spend time with his family. Great Leader both on and off the ice.

See you at the Rink next season????

canonball

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:18 am

Yes they did lost a lot of players but don't forget look who they picked up in Yetman .By far the best player on the ice for the cats and it seemed that he was on the ice at all times . The cats defence was their weak link ,to me they looked out of shape and slow . Short was to busy trying to lay the big hit instead of playing like he could ,Hounsel out of shape and slow , Hoffe ,well the cats were a man short every time he was on the ice ,Brent still a good d man but I think that he was not the d man as before .Bussey was not playing like he could either also A J was not the goalie that he can be

Flyer G

Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:52 am

thelionsden wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 10:16 am
Congratulations to the Clarenville Carbous on winning a hard fought series in which, in my opinion they had control of from game one. They played as a unit at both ends of the ice. kudos to them and in my opinion they will take the Flyers in 4-5 as well.

As for the 2017-2018 Cataracts, this is a team that really never came together. To many different line combinations and it seemed to me looking from the outside, that there was no structure to their game. The loss of Luke Gallant and Collin Circelli is huge in my opinion, but it is a wash as both Gander and Clarenville lost their Imports as well. But with the Additional loss of Travis Randell, who in my opinion was one of if not the best defensive players one the ice last season and versatile Stephen Simms pushed the Cataracts Depth way back. They never really had the "IT" factor at all this season.

On a side note, kudos to Mike Brent for committing to the Whole season this year, as he had all but retired from senior hockey to spend time with his family. Great Leader both on and off the ice.

See you at the Rink next season????
A big congrats to the Bous indeed. As I said before, it's next to impossible for the last place team to succeed in the playoffs. Going to be a good series next round. If Manual can shake the nerves the Flyers will win in short order. If not it's anyone's series. He has shown to be very capable at times. The Flyers have the option to go to Pippy if need be anyways. Much like the Cats did with their goalie situation. I would love nothing more than to see Manual take it and run with it though. A dedicated player to the Flyers in in every aspect. A true team player.

superfan

Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:09 pm

All Rise :ymapplause:

Oh just a fan

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:33 pm

Personally can’t see the Flyers getting by The Bous unless they get increditable goal tending. The 3D line is to hard to stop. The Bous D is solid their top 4 would match up against the Cats D with imports.
Then again Gander finished 1st for a reason.

George will you guys still be streaming the finals?

superfan

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm

It would be fantastic if George and Robert would do the webcast.

... they always do a fantastic job.

FlyersFan12

Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:53 pm

superfan wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:43 pm
It would be fantastic if George and Robert would do the webcast.

... they always do a fantastic job.

Are they doing a webcast for the herder championship? They always do

thelionsden

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:32 pm

No webcast for the Finals..unless the Flyers and Bous foot the bill....as for the Herder...that is still up in the air... but I would suggest it will get done.

top cheese

Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:40 pm

Challenging year for the Cats a lot of transition. With the rule changes, new coaching, player absences, and roster changes. All teams at the senior level will need a rebuild and the Cats started going through it this year. I think a lot of people have to understand now that a lot of the players from the top years of this league are starting to get up there in age and are starting to move on in there lives or are just not the same player they once where. Tough to compete when your roster has a lot of changes plus a new coaching staff.

I suspect the Caribous will go through a lot of changes next season as well as many of there players are at the age where they are going to move on soon.

Hopefully the Cats can sort out somewhere to play next season. With the expected changes in East and West leagues. There should be some way that both Grand Falls and Gander can continue to participate provincially.

superfan

Sat Mar 03, 2018 4:42 pm

What about Tomcod can he play too?

• Information