Who will win the CWSHL Finals?

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.

Who will win the CWSHL Finals?

Flyers
46%
Caribous
54%

Total votes: 24
Oh just a fan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:53 pm

Hard to say who’s the underdogs here tho Cannon, I see where you’re coming from seeming the Flyers were first after the regular season. But the layoff has to be considered here, also the Bous got threw that round injury free. Or it seems that way, I’m sure some players are feeling it after round 1. I think it’s a even split. I’d personally like to see the Flyers win and I’m basing this solely on the fact I don’t want to see a team who’s leaving a league win the last title. Other than that I hope it goes 7 games, and the fans fill the stadium. Be nice for the teams to make some coin before the seasons over.

titan

Mon Mar 05, 2018 5:08 pm

This is going to be a close one I think. The Bous have the obvious advantage in goal but I believe the Flyers youth will prevail in the end.

I noticed the last time the Bous Were in town the Flyers wore them down as the 3rd went on.

The Flyers need to forget about the goaltending and play a hard fast offensive game. Get Hedges in front of the net on the PP.

Shoot high glove side on Whiffen as he has issues catching and holding the puck and go hard for the rebounds.

I expect a long series that could go either way but u hope to see a Flyers victory obviously...Go Flyers Go

canonball

Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:26 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Hard to say who’s the underdogs here tho Cannon, I see where you’re coming from seeming the Flyers were first after the regular season. But the layoff has to be considered here, also the Bous got threw that round injury free. Or it seems that way, I’m sure some players are feeling it after round 1. I think it’s a even split. I’d personally like to see the Flyers win and I’m basing this solely on the fact I don’t want to see a team who’s leaving a league win the last title. Other than that I hope it goes 7 games, and the fans fill the stadium. Be nice for the teams to make some coin before the seasons over.
The bous would not be leaving if there were 4 teams in the league . I for one will not buy anymore season passes if there is only 3 teams playing . Would be nice to see a league with teams from east and west playing a full season against each other .I don't think that it is a given that the bous have a team or place to play next year but they will not be playing in a 3 team league . I think that we had good hockey this year but it is hard to get excited about a game when it was only a week past that you seen the same team .not for me and also a lot of fans .Both GFW and Gander had good teams the last few years and if they are not playing in the same league I for one will miss it .always like to get some of the cats fans all worked up .what else is an old guy to do

superfan

Mon Mar 05, 2018 7:35 pm

I think the Bous will win, but they have to be real aggressive :ymapplause:

Flyer G

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:17 pm

Bous won't be able to handle the piss and vinegar. Flyers in 5, maybe 6.

titan

Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:48 pm

canonball wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:26 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
The bous would not be leaving if there were 4 teams in the league . I for one will not buy anymore season passes if there is only 3 teams playing . Would be nice to see a league with teams from east and west playing a full season against each other .I don't think that it is a given that the bous have a team or place to play next year but they will not be playing in a 3 team league . I think that we had good hockey this year but it is hard to get excited about a game when it was only a week past that you seen the same team .not for me and also a lot of fans .Both GFW and Gander had good teams the last few years and if they are not playing in the same league I for one will miss it .always like to get some of the cats fans all worked up .what else is an old guy to do
I agree, whatever happens next year I will not be buying my season tickets for a 3 team league, it just makes no sense. I don't knock the Bous one bit for trying to ensure a game for their fans next season, I hope the Cats and Flyers are doing the same exact thing....

Ivan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 am

For the record. All 3 teams agreed we would not continue with a 3 team leaque, not just the Bous. You are correct in saying the Bous don't have a game lined up for next season yet. We have decided, strictly a financial one, that we can't continue under the current system. Every wknd carries road expenses, including home games, and the cost is just to high. Ask the Royals/Red Wings, they had to make the hard decision and now it's our turn. Royals and Red Wings had to find a more affordable game, close to home and we are trying to do the same and we hope both Gander and GFW can do the same. It's not a decision of choice, it's a forced decision.

canonball

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:03 am

No doubt that it is ,knowing you Ivan I am sure that everything is being done to make something happen so as there will be hockey in Clarenville for the future . I tip my hat to you sir for what you are doing to try and make it happen .

superfan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:04 am

Ivan wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:28 am
For the record. All 3 teams agreed we would not continue with a 3 team leaque, not just the Bous. You are correct in saying the Bous don't have a game lined up for next season yet. We have decided, strictly a financial one, that we can't continue under the current system. Every wknd carries road expenses, including home games, and the cost is just to high. Ask the Royals/Red Wings, they had to make the hard decision and now it's our turn. Royals and Red Wings had to find a more affordable game, close to home and we are trying to do the same and we hope both Gander and GFW can do the same. It's not a decision of choice, it's a forced decision.

Ivan, it always gives me great pleasure in expressing my sincerest gratitude for the dedication, and compassion, you have demonstrated over the past twelve years . The entire Clarenville area has benefited greatly as a result of your steadfast dedication, and on behalf of everyone, I once again extend, an elated note of sincere gratitude .

..... All Rise :ymapplause:
Last edited by superfan on Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

canonball

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:07 am

Well said super

• Information