Shayne Dominie

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
a1v
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:08 am

PurpleandGold wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:38 pm
a1v wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:35 pm
he has never been committed to the flyers i would go with the players that have stood by the team all these years.
What??????? Shayne has been unavailable to the Flyers for most of this season due to work commitments. I am sure if he was available he would be a welcome addition to the line-up. Big boy with a big presence. KO'd Ryan Delaney in a scrap earlier in the year. One of the many great young guns the Flyers have.
ryan delaney has been around senior hockey long enough that i am sure he has giving and taking a few lumps in the process.you have to do that if you want to have a parade.i was just wondering if dominie plays who will be the healthy scratch,i assume the flyers have a full squad coming this weekend.i agree he is a big strong body on the ice and would be a welcome addition.why are some players work commitments ok and then other players are ridiculed for there work commitments.

newfiebullet110

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 am

titan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 pm
I'm well aware of his history and when he became property of the Flyers.

The top 6 has one problem. O'keefe, good player, versatile as he can be moved up front. O'Keefe is never a guarantee to be in the lineup so all this may be a moot convo.

Another issue with O'keefe is his tendency to take the bad retaliatory penalty. He gets flustered by the opposition quit easily. Great hockey player.but has to learn to keep his cool when it counts.

I believe with the change in the Flyers goaltending situation they are going to need guys like him who don't mind moving guys in front of the net to give the Flyers goalies the best view of the puck possible.

As for where he wanted to play or not, no big deal, he played well in the games he played.
I am also very aware of Dominie’s history with the flyers and it hasn’t been all that pretty. Good hockey player but I don’t think he has the commitment level that a team needs or expects.

As for O’keefe he is a very valuable tool when used in the right manner. Gander has never had a coach who used him to his greatest ability !!

We all love to **** on players from other teams but I think we should all take a long hard look at the players on our own teams and see how they are utilized. Every team has these issues for sure. Just comes down to a coaching staff but I think more importantly the organization believing in their players ability !! This is something that I believe all teams are guilty of

titan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 am

a1v wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:52 am
Titan if you look at the stats of the players you can see o'keefe has 6 minutes PIM in 8 games.Thats a far cry from a player taking to many bad PIM.
This a wonderful debate to have and I hope Ricky has to make this decision as it would mean that all players are available. I have a feeling that if both are available we will see them in the lineup with O'Keefe playing up front. O'Keefe does have a tendency to let the opposing teams players get under his skin, if you've watched or played for the Flyers since he's been around you surely must have noticed this. It's not always about the number of PIM but it can be about the timing.
Let's hope for full lineups, a full stadium and a Flyers win on Saturday night no matter who's playing. Go Flyers Go!!

titan

Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:59 am

newfiebullet110 wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:28 am
titan wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:28 pm
I'm well aware of his history and when he became property of the Flyers.

The top 6 has one problem. O'keefe, good player, versatile as he can be moved up front. O'Keefe is never a guarantee to be in the lineup so all this may be a moot convo.

Another issue with O'keefe is his tendency to take the bad retaliatory penalty. He gets flustered by the opposition quit easily. Great hockey player.but has to learn to keep his cool when it counts.

I believe with the change in the Flyers goaltending situation they are going to need guys like him who don't mind moving guys in front of the net to give the Flyers goalies the best view of the puck possible.

As for where he wanted to play or not, no big deal, he played well in the games he played.
I am also very aware of Dominie’s history with the flyers and it hasn’t been all that pretty. Good hockey player but I don’t think he has the commitment level that a team needs or expects.

As for O’keefe he is a very valuable tool when used in the right manner. Gander has never had a coach who used him to his greatest ability !!

We all love to **** on players from other teams but I think we should all take a long hard look at the players on our own teams and see how they are utilized. Every team has these issues for sure. Just comes down to a coaching staff but I think more importantly the organization believing in their players ability !! This is something that I believe all teams are guilty of
Bullet on any team there are players that have questionable levels of dedication OR players that feel they should be given more ice time, we can't always go by players emotion or what they want, the team has to come first. The coach, like it or not, and we all have our personal opions, does what they see fit. Believe me I've not always agreed with everything the Flyers have done but I still support them and will continue to do so!! I'm not knocking O'Keefe ability but keep in mind he's been a part time player at best over the last couple of years.

newfiebullet110

Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:20 am

Titan I realize that as I know how a team is ran and what players can be like. But believe me there have been situations where Mr O’keefe has been available and not utilized !! Believe that if you wish. As for the coach yes he probably is the best one this team has had but all coaches have their favorites !

• Information