Herder predictions

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
AEfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:27 pm

29’s Caps won’t win a game. Even with SS best two forwards in Nicholas and Pye, and CBS’ best D Power added they will be lucky to score a goal

HockeyFan29

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:33 am

AEfan wrote:
29’s Caps won’t win a game. Even with SS best two forwards in Nicholas and Pye, and CBS’ best D Power added they will be lucky to score a goal
I would imagine Pye and Nicholas will become permanent members of the Caps next year. Great organization to play for with good coaching, not sure why they would go back to the Shore unless they like playing with 8 and 9 guys for the majority of the regular season then blowing leads and losing big games in the playoffs.

Gomez

Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:54 am

HockeyFan29 wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:33 am
AEfan wrote:
I would imagine Pye and Nicholas will become permanent members of the Caps next year. Great organization to play for with good coaching, not sure why they would go back to the Shore unless they like playing with 8 and 9 guys for the majority of the regular season then blowing leads and losing big games in the playoffs.
Possibly... There are a half dozen players on the caps from Mt Pearl that may leave vacant spots next year that they could fill.

AEfan

Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:55 am

100% zero chance they leave SS

titan

Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:04 am

AEfan wrote:

You are dreaming, while I don't think the Caps will win I do believe there will be some good hockey. The Caps have the advantage in net IMO. Churchill doesn't come to town much and Whiffen is not the goalie his brother is by a long shot.

canonball

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:43 pm

So true but who is winning right now ? Churchill is the better goalie and he would get the job done I have no doubt.Like to see him in this weekend

Oh just a fan

Fri Apr 06, 2018 3:48 pm

There’s one post Cannonball where you’re saying win with what got you there. Now that’s reguarding the Allan Cup and Herder teams picking up players. But under that same reasoning shouldn’t you want Tyler to start over Church? I mean win with what got you there right?

canonball

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:12 pm

It's a hard call to make ,that's why I am setting home and criticizing the coaches but they overlook me and know I back them up at all times .would not want to do their job . I know what Churchill can do but Whiffen l am not to sure ,yes he has played great but both goalies got us where we are today

tincanfan

Fri Apr 06, 2018 5:53 pm

Don't understand why folks are predicting that the Caps won't win a game. I watched them play the Bous earlier with just two lines. My feeling then was "if they had a full team they would have won"
I just hope that the Bous don't take it for granted on Sat.. if they do then the Caps will win. They do have a good hard working team, but it disturbs me that they can add players from other teams. This seems to be trying to give them the edge. Why is it so important to beat the Central/West teams. Oh yes the exec wants it that way. Just hope they haven't planted a ref like last year.

Face off

Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Well while I certainly hope that the Bous win the Herder, I think that this weekends games will give us a better idea of what type of Final this will turn out to be. Won't be surprised if the Bous have their hands full with the Caps because neither team really knows much about the other. Depends on Goaltending and who remains Injury free or healthy moving forward IMO.

I hope it is a close series as personally would not want a blow out for either side. As far as people saying how good the Caps coaching is and how close the team is well Rebecca Russell is a damn fine coach in her own right and the Bous team from this year seem very tight as a team and play as a team. Hope they continue to do so and Yes Caps are big but Bous got a lot of big boys also, they just got to start taking the body more if it comes to that and hit back.

As for Downer being a great goaltender, well all I Do Know is that anyone who knows anything about Churchill knows what he brings to the table especially playoff time and Tyler Whiffen has been playing Great hockey for us as well. A Great 1,2 Goaltender duo to have if you ask me.

• Information