Hockey News

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
thelionsden
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:56 pm

Sounds to me like this was the plan all along by the certain teams.... Something seems fishy to me Herderhead..... been around to long at this stuff... I smell a rat when I see one.. lets just hope other smell it too.

#1BousFan

Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:07 pm

There was a announcement coming then a prob occurred at the last min (Ceebees pulled out) Now I guess the 3 teams are going to have to see if they can get enough players to fill their rosters & all that stuff, It's going to be interesting to see if the Cats, Flyers & Bous will want another year of a 3 team league, It is going to be boring to see the same 2 teams over again but if it'a the only option to have hockey then I am all for it
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Hockey Eyes

Thu Sep 27, 2018 11:42 am

The East Coast Senior Hockey League is inviting players to its draft. It is an interesting situation. The notice if from their website where there has been no traffic since last Spring..
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.".T he East Coast Senior Hockey League is now accepting applications for the first league entry draft. The draft will be completed before the start of the season."

Oh just a fan

Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:57 am

Clearly they pulled out due to the fact they couldn’t get their players back. Which is sad because there was a deal in place when they let these players go elseware, to return them when the Stars came back.

aseyeseesit

Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:52 am

'Oh Just A Fan' , there already have been numerous comments previously that no team took players from the CeeBees and now has refused return - AJ Whiffen, Brett Shute and 'young' goalie Pippy were the only players identified who played last season elsewhere; and all of them were released back to play with the CeeBees.
So, those three players, and any others of the Hr.Grace roster like Roberts, Slaney etc,etc (who formed part of the CeeBees Herder Champion team of 2017), were still 'listed' as CeeBees' roster players for this season.
Any decision to withdraw - at the very last minute from the newly configured 4 team 'central/east' League - was entirely on the CeeBes organization , no one else. They probably hope by their actions that the central teams in GFW and Gander will be forced to fold and all the 'east coast resident' players who play in central will have no choice but to be available to join the CeeBees , (and Clarenville), and whatever other team the CeeBees can create... so that there will be no hockey out in the woods here in central!

abc123

Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:04 am

Any decision to withdraw - at the very last minute from the newly configured 4 team 'central/east' League - was entirely on the CeeBes organization , no one else. They probably hope by their actions that the central teams in GFW and Gander will be forced to fold and all the 'east coast resident' players who play in central will have no choice but to be available to join the CeeBees , (and Clarenville), and whatever other team the CeeBees can create... so that there will be no hockey out in the woods here in central!
[/quote]

Why would you even bring Clarenville into the mix! If the Cee Bees withdrew what has that to do with Clarenville? They will be without a game just like Gander and your Cateracts! The east has said they don’t want the Cee Bees and Clarenville so your players won’t benefit anyone of the central league teams!

Oh just a fan

Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:25 pm

Aseyeseesit fair enough, but I’ve been around long enough to know that I don’t always believe what I hear on this site, or for that matter around town.

It’s just a simple assumption by myself and I realize assuming makes an ass out of you and me, but that’s all we can do when the league does not keep fans and or players for that matter in the loop.

The Puck

Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:03 pm

It would be nice to get a official announcement soon if they want to keep the fans interested this year. I wish they bring back the two fight rule too I think you would get 150 fans more every game too.

• Information