Cats vs. Eagles

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
BeefJerky
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:16 pm

Cats won 8-2 and out shot the Eagles 73-34.

Felt bad for Pippy.

Cats laid off in the third and at times played around with northeast.

Might have been 75 fans.
Transplanted from GFW to St. John's.
Go Cats Go!

Twitter: @kellymbutt

canonball

Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Great game and lots of fans

eaglesfan69

Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:24 am

Eagles missing a few key players tonight: Creaser, Snow, Power, Powell, Thorne. Few new guys in the lineup as well, otherwise would of been a better game :-D

Oh just a fan

Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:32 am

Oh look another post by Cannonball being negative. I bet you’re a treat at parties.

Hockey Eyes

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:20 am

I am the biggest or at least top ten AESHL or whatever it is called fans there is. I didn't go to the game last night . It turned out as I expected. I understand hockey .It was good of the Cats to ease up in the third. I am not paying eight dollars to go to that. That's the simple truth. I did other things . I watched ten minutes on line but that was all . Blending the two team central league in with the teams from the east was essentially a mistake and what irritates me is I think those that did it just assumed people like me would be okay with it. We are not .I am not paying money to see it.
What puzzles me is the goal. Is it to keep two semi professional teams alive or is it to keep Mount Pearl and the CeeBees out of hockey? I wish someone from HNL would answer that because I am not sure what is going on . Two teams in the province are hell meant raising money in the community to have their teams play at near empty stadiums at home and completely empty stadiums on the road . What is going on ? If this were boxing the referee would step in at this point and say it was over.
Nobody goes to the games . Nobody comes to Hockeytalk . Nobody cares. I think if Jesus himself appeared and said STOP .... HNL would continue... maybe it is a Herder thing ? Maybe there is money there for them.
Me standing up on a Friday night to watch the Eagles and the Cats ...one team playing for nothing and one team making money ???... that isn't on . I was born at night ....but not last night .

titan

Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:35 am

Flyers are averaging 584 fans per game. I will admit dropping with each game. I agree, the whole setup sucks. This will be the last year if it even finishes. The Ceebees wanted nothing to do with the east or central league. They wanted their own.

Oh just a fan

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:01 am

I still don’t get why the east teams don’t pay their players. Sure they don’t get fans, but you have to spend money to make money. Every team should have salary cap. Each team can pay 7 players $200 a game and then 10 players make $100 a game. That’s $2400 a game so now you need a average attendance of 300 fans. That wouldn’t be that hard to do if all teams were equal and the games were closer. Fans don’t want to see blowouts but that don’t mean they wouldn’t pay $8 to watch a good close game with good hockey being played.

Ivan

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:45 am

Oh just a fan. $2400 per game don't cut it. Rink Fees plus misc security/cleanup etc $800 per game Officials minimum for us in Cville $660 per game plus hotel room if it's overnight for them, that's another $800 per game avg. Sticks if a team provides them $20,000 or $1000 per game avg. Transportation if guys don't live in your town $600 per game. Hotels depending on how many overnight trips you have, busing for road trips, HNL/Insurance fees, leaque fees the list goes on. It's a 12 month per year by a group of community minded people to have a Sr Hockey team and a minimum of 600/700 fans every game if you are to have paid players. The first 200 fans just pays the rinks and the officials. Mind you if officials are local it's $410 per game. Everyone's suggestions are Great and Respected but there is no easy solution and to point the finger at HNL is unfair, it is there job to try and keep it alive province wide, I agree this system can't work as it is, what the next step will be, who knows. I am not speaking on behalf of the Caribou's, it's my own personal knowledge as a follower of the game and a very concerned follower because I'm concerned as to where it will end up to.

herder head

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:48 am

Well said Hockey Eyes. CBN wanted to play in an east league for the past two years but east wouldn't have anything to do with them. A lot of CeeBees players who would have played this season have young families and had no interest in traveling if they were part of central league, they just wanted to play on the Avalon only and be back home every night, simple as that. Too bad, I think they would have added to the east league.

The Puck

Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:07 am

There is players getting 600 a game because my friend does so I expect this is the last year for senior in Central.

• Information