Webcast Cataracts/Flyers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:16 pm

I had previously responded to Hockey Lies comment but decided to delete it as I've come to realize, he's not worth responding to.

Flyer24

Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Man your semi-professional BS is just too much. If I get paid $20 to mow someone's lawn once a week am I a semi-professional Lawn Mower?

Seniorfan

Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 pm

Flyer24 wrote:
Man your semi-professional BS is just too much. If I get paid $20 to mow someone's lawn once a week am I a semi-professional Lawn Mower?
Lol... That's a great analogy. Actually the problem with Senior Hockey this year simply stems from the fact that some people are honorable and live up to their commitments while others chose not to. If teams just showed up for their scheduled games we wouldn't be in this situation.

Stadium Fries

Fri Jan 11, 2019 3:58 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:05 pm
Flyer24 wrote:
Lol... That's a great analogy. Actually the problem with Senior Hockey this year simply stems from the fact that some people are honorable and live up to their commitments while others chose not to. If teams just showed up for their scheduled games we wouldn't be in this situation.
That is it in a nutshell. These teams agreed to make one trip West during the season. Not every other weekend just one weekend out of the whole regular season..........IF they did not agree the Central league would have folded and most hockey fans here would have moved on to the intermediate hockey league. I would even say that Gander would have joined the league as well. No big deal. Instead fans invested in season tickets, holding seats and the like to support their team of choice for another season. The management of the Flyers and Cats once again went all in to run a team for the fans. However all we got was we are not coming after the season started. The Cats and Flyers have spent money playing games out East and now that it is their turn to make a few dollars at their home games the teams out East are refusing to fill their commitment. There has to be consequences to that decision and there is only one solution. No played game in Central......no eligibility for the Herder Championship.

Ivan

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm

On behalf of the Caribou's I make this statement. On our scheduled trip to Central I notified the Leaque we only had 9 players to travel on the Mon before the scheduled games. I also told the leaque we would trave with 9 but in everyone's best interest it was decided to cancel and reschedule. I notified on Monday and nothing was done on it until Thursday. We have not been rescheduled as of now, but will be and once that's done, we will be there, unless something out of the ordinary occurs. We always intended to travel to Central and still do. I don't know where people get their information too. To come on here and tell the truth it just turns into a gong show. I always said in order to post on here you should have to post under your own name and it would turn into good chats with lots of banter back and forth, but the bull would go away.

Oh just a fan

Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm

The problem Ivan with putting your name out there, is that some people don’t know who the other person would be anyways. Let’s say some random man from St John’s tells me his name, what goods that? I’m still not going to know who he or she is. And then someone like myself would be known by 90% of this site. Then my sources would be pretty much known and so on, it just wouldn’t work out like you suggest.

canonball

Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:29 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:21 pm
The problem Ivan with putting your name out there, is that some people don’t know who the other person would be anyways. Let’s say some random man from St John’s tells me his name, what goods that? I’m still not going to know who he or she is. And then someone like myself would be known by 90% of this site. Then my sources would be pretty much known and so on, it just wouldn’t work out like you suggest.
Agree with what Ivan is saying . If the people that come on here know your name they will not be so free to come out and spread the bs

Stadium Fries

Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:42 pm

Ivan wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 5:15 pm
On behalf of the Caribou's I make this statement. On our scheduled trip to Central I notified the Leaque we only had 9 players to travel on the Mon before the scheduled games. I also told the leaque we would trave with 9 but in everyone's best interest it was decided to cancel and reschedule. I notified on Monday and nothing was done on it until Thursday. We have not been rescheduled as of now, but will be and once that's done, we will be there, unless something out of the ordinary occurs. We always intended to travel to Central and still do. I don't know where people get their information too. To come on here and tell the truth it just turns into a gong show. I always said in order to post on here you should have to post under your own name and it would turn into good chats with lots of banter back and forth, but the bull would go away.

My information comes right off the Caribous site. Caribous are scheduled to play the Cats at the Joe Byrne stadium on Saturday January 26th at 7: 30pm. I'm surprised to hear you say that the game is not rescheduled yet when it is already posted.

a1v

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:11 am

titan wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 11:16 am
Heard the same, will be a great addition to the flyers if it pans out.

Hopefully the east teams come out with full lineups. Haven't heard these 2 teams won't be coming, there is some questions surrounding the Caps tho. But like you say, never a dull moment in NL regards to Sr. Hockey so who knows
I went to the detective school you suggested to me and i am still convinced you are tangled up with it at some level. I even put in a couple hours of volunteer work and donated some money. Thanks to you i am a better person.

timbits

Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:36 am

FROM THE CATARACTS WEBSITE

Representatives and teams of the east coast division of the NSHL have made final confirmation of all required changes to Season Schedule, as a result of missed games by east teams to play as originally scheduled in central!
CARIBOUS PLAYING IN CENTRAL CONFIRMED
The Bous will visit both GFW and Gander on Sat/Sun Feb.9/10th respectively, when the CBS Blues also travel to central to play a 2 game set in Gander and GFW,respectively.

TWO EAST TEAMS FAIL TO TRAVEL!
The Northeast Eagles, who missed two scheduled games in Gander and GFW this past weekend, will not make up the cancelled games. The St.John's Caps will also not play their scheduled games, set in the original Schedule for the weekend of Feb.9th/10th at Gander and GFW. These games will not be made up.
As well, games scheduled for GFW at Caps and Gander at Caps in late January and in February, (at the request of the Caps ), will now not be played.
As well, a game scheduled for later, in February,for the Flyers at Jack Byrne Arena vs. the
Eagles will not now be played.

PENALTY IMPOSED.
As a result of the failures of the Eagles and Caps to honour the Scheduled games vs. central teams, HNL has disqualified the two teams from participating in the Herder Championships... the central teams have also requested HNL impose additionsl, harsher penalty on the east teams in question, by disqualifying thee teams from eligibility for Herder competition in 2020 as well.

• Information