Dirty Team ???

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
titan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:42 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:28 pm
titan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:11 pm
Haha...There is no way to configure the letters in Cats to spell class.

Talk about letter writing and emails how many did your Cats write to HNL and then HC trying to get them to waive the Jan. 10 deadline rule to bring in a goalie from the mainland?
Chat later, I gotta go watch Matlock some more...

I have no idea what you are talking about, you tell me , where are you going to get a goalie this time of yearfrom the mainland that isnt signed to a team ? too foolish to talk about , yep go back and watch some more conspiracy theries .. stay tuned ..
You never have any idea about what the Cats try and do but you always know about the other teams, interesting. I bet a good P I. could poke holes in this.

titan

Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:46 pm

titan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 5:39 pm
royalcat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:52 pm
It’s a game of hockey players get hurt all the time.Yes sometimes the hits are questionable but that’s hockey,fast and sometimes you don’t have the time to react.All teams have a player that gets out of hand Once in awhile.You don’t like the rough stuff stay home.The Flyer’s are a good team and big team they can look out to their selves.If any team thinks the cat’s are to rough or dirty stay home and give them another Herder👍
This is a joke post right? Even tho it's a rough sport there are rules.

You're saying basically that if a team can be dirty enough and intimidate a team enough to make them quit they should be just handed the herder? Not referring to this series specifically but c'mon.

titan

Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:41 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am
CCFAN-dbs wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 am
I didn’t see the hit on Bussey, didn’t watch the video that was posted of it but, reading the descriptions of some on it, it reminds of the hit by Short on the Corner Brook player 4 or 5 years ago. Just can’t think of his name now!

Wasn’t he taken off the ice on a stretcher? Didn’t he spend time in hospital? Now, my memory is a little fuzzy on those things BUT, I certainly remember some Cats fans coming on here and arguing that it looked worse than it was, that he turned just before Short checked him, etc. NOW, that it’s their own player who was hit, it’s a dirty hit.

So which is it? A dirty hit or a clean hit?

Two complete different hits , Short never cross checked the player from behind when he had the puck , they were both going for the puck .. In busseys case he had the puck and MaKay ran him from behind with a dirty crosscheck unlike the short hit McKay had plenty of time to hold up and he chose not too.. I would suggest that you check out the video of the hit before you come on here assuming the way it went down .. If the roles were reversed Bussey would be tarred and feathered by narrowminded people like yourself . unlike some other teams management the cataracts dont have a media blitz to ruin a hockey players career because they have something know as Class .. stay tuned ..
Where did you see the crosscheck?

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:11 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:04 am
I recall the hit you maybe talking about. It was a bang bang play, and as much as the player hit, who I also can't think of who it is, but I didn't think it was the Royals tho, he may have not helped the situation. But Short much like McCay they have to let up. You have a player in a bad position, no matter how he got there you still need to lay off a bit.
Nope, it was Ryan Salvis (thanks abc123 for the name, I was thinking Salvador LOL). Played with the Royals.
Go BOUS Go!

Oh just a fan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:35 pm

Oh ok got ya, thought you were talking about the Sullivan hit.

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:32 am
CCFAN-dbs wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:26 am
I didn’t see the hit on Bussey, didn’t watch the video that was posted of it but, reading the descriptions of some on it, it reminds of the hit by Short on the Corner Brook player 4 or 5 years ago. Just can’t think of his name now!

Wasn’t he taken off the ice on a stretcher? Didn’t he spend time in hospital? Now, my memory is a little fuzzy on those things BUT, I certainly remember some Cats fans coming on here and arguing that it looked worse than it was, that he turned just before Short checked him, etc. NOW, that it’s their own player who was hit, it’s a dirty hit.

So which is it? A dirty hit or a clean hit?

Two complete different hits , Short never cross checked the player from behind when he had the puck , they were both going for the puck .. In busseys case he had the puck and MaKay ran him from behind with a dirty crosscheck unlike the short hit McKay had plenty of time to hold up and he chose not too.. I would suggest that you check out the video of the hit before you come on here assuming the way it went down .. If the roles were reversed Bussey would be tarred and feathered by narrowminded people like yourself . unlike some other teams management the cataracts dont have a media blitz to ruin a hockey players career because they have something know as Class .. stay tuned ..
If the roles were reversed, this narrow minded person would be saying/asking the exact same thing.

You bring up a media blitz to ruin hockey players careers. Who sent the video of Langdons slash on Pittman to the media after it happened?
Go BOUS Go!

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:44 pm

George Scott wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 2:30 pm
Hi guys. I just got off the road from St. John's a few minutes ago and thought I'd pop in to see what people might be saying about tonight's game and came across this thread. I haven't posted much here lately but for the record, the Cataracts organization or myself have never posted any video from our webcast online anywhere, with two exceptions: the Hennigar and Fergus overtime goals that both clinched Herders. That's it. In the seven years I have been involved in the webcast I have had only one request from HNL for video of an incident, the controversial Ceebees goal vs Clarenville in the Herder. That was provided promptly. The videos that were referenced earlier in this thread as being shown online were ones taken by individuals and posted on their own personal accounts. Nothing to do with me, the webcast or the Cataracts.The Pittman/Langdon incident which was mentioned took place a few years before we even started doing an audiocast, let alone video. Neither the team nor myself have any video of Saturday's game. There was no webcast that night. Anyway, carry on with the lively discussion. I'm looking forward to another good game between the Cataracts and Flyers tonight.
We all know you're a good egg :)

Hopefully you'll be broadcasting the Herder this year.
Go BOUS Go!

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:48 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:30 pm
I'm aware that George just said he never used to be the one who tapes every game. But before the broadcasts you guys still tapped every game.
They did tape games before they began being broadcast. That's a fact.
Go BOUS Go!

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:35 pm
Oh ok got ya, thought you were talking about the Sullivan hit.
:) :)
I've never seen any video of the Sullivan hit. Just what the posters were saying here at the time it happened.
Go BOUS Go!

Oh just a fan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:17 pm

I think you can find it somewhere on YouTube somewhere.

• Information