ECSHL Championship: Cville vs SS Breakers

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
BeefJerky
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:55 am

Back on topic (that seems difficult on this forum for some of you):

I'm assuming that if Clarenville wins, home games for the Herder will be played out of the EEC.

What if the shore wins? Will it be in Mobile, or elsewhere? Does anyone know?

Btw, I think this series will be closer than some think. Even if Clarenville wins in 5 or 6, each game will be closer.
Transplanted from GFW to St. John's.
Go Cats Go!

Twitter: @kellymbutt

canonball

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:20 pm

SS has a very good team ,they are young , fast ,and they are hungry..They will come out hard and with their goaltender if he plays like he can them this series will go the limit and the winner will be $$$$$$$$$$$$$

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:47 pm

Stadium Fries wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:12 am
CCFAN-dbs wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:10 am
Stadium Fries wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Hey Cannon ball I hear Ryan Delaney is looking for a pick up game at the Herder. However he won’t play for free like his brother.

So which is it? The Bous are paying their players or they aren’t? Out one side of your mouth you keep saying they are being paid. With the other side you’re saying ‘Delaney won’t play for free like his brother’.

Apparently you know less than a monkeys ass about the inner workings of the so called ‘beer can league’.
Well if Hockey Lies oops I mean hockey eyes says the East league is unpaid then I guess it is true and any league that doesn’t pay their players and only provides them with a few beers after the game then your a Beer Can League. So when you admit that players are getting paid I will stop calling the East a Beer Can League.
I don't need to admit anything because I have no idea whether they are getting paid or not. I really don't care if they are. As far as I'm concerned, they should be getting something other than beer and pizza. They are missing time with family, some may even be missing time from work (I know of 1 player who did take a weekend off so he could play)
Go BOUS Go!

CCFAN-dbs

Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:53 pm

BeefJerky wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:55 am
Back on topic (that seems difficult on this forum for some of you):

I'm assuming that if Clarenville wins, home games for the Herder will be played out of the EEC.

What if the shore wins? Will it be in Mobile, or elsewhere? Does anyone know?

Btw, I think this series will be closer than some think. Even if Clarenville wins in 5 or 6, each game will be closer.
I definitely agree. Should be a great series that can go either way. Don't think either team will sweep this series. Then again, I expected the Caps to win a game or two against Clarenville last series.

Also don't think you'll see any games be a blowout. Hope not anyway. I'd rather see a close scoring game than a game that ends 8-1.

No idea where the Herder games will be played. With the crowd running HNL, it could be in Timbuktu.
Go BOUS Go!

#1BousFan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:06 pm

If the Caribous make it, The Herder will be played at the EEC, If the Breakers win I assume it will either be in SS, Jack Byrne or the Arena in CBS
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Oh just a fan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:14 pm

BousFan that wasn't much help. You only left out twin rinks.

Hockey Eyes

Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:47 pm

I know the Breakers well and they will give the Caribous a game. Young and fast are great qualities. They also have a marvellous goaltender. Amid all the talk of AJ this and AJ that and the others...this guy Yetman can play. He is a student of the game stopping the puck and sending it somewhere are two sides of the same coin.

I would pick Clarenville to win the series. . but .... they have a problem with the calendar....some of their best players have a " best before date" that will be tested. If I was the Breakers I would be throwing the puck in and making the defense skate all night long. I would forecheck two most of the time and always finish the check.
Clarenville are very skilled through half the lineup. That might be enough ... and it might not and that's what hockey is all about ...For the Clarenville fans who haven't seen Mark Yetman play goal or Oates and Nicholas play together....come on and go to the games...These are the two best teams on the east coast. ..... . .
Last edited by Hockey Eyes on Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

leafsfan2028

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:17 pm

lol poor hockey lies thinks there no better goalies out there then mark yetman I bet he is on to eh hockey lies

Hockey Eyes

Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:26 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:47 pm
I know the Breakers well and they will give the Caribous a game. Young and fast are great qualities. They also have a marvellous goaltender. Amid all the talk of AJ this and AJ that and the others...this guy Yetman can play. He is a student of the game stopping the puck and sending it somewhere are two sides of the same coin.
Where to play the games if the Breakers were to get in. The C BS arena or the Jack Byrne would be two good places. I would have one game up the shore in Mobile just as a tip of the hat to the Breakers fans. I also wouldn;t rule out a Breakers game in Clarrenville. In the FA Cup in England if a minor third or fourth division team with a stadium hat holds only a frw thousand fans the club often asks to switch venues and play in the stadium of the bigger club like Liverpool or Chelsea ... money talks but its not just a money grab it..... is economics
I would pick Clarenville to win the series. . but .... they have a problem with the calendar....some of their best players have a " best before date" that will be tested. If I was the Breakers I would be throwing the puck in and making the defense skate all night long. I would forecheck two most of the time and always finish the check.
Clarenville are very skilled through half the lineup. That might be enough ... and it might not and that's what hockey is all about ...For the Clarenville fans who haven't seen Mark Yetman play goal or Oates and Nicholas play together....come on and go to the games...These are the two best teams on the east coast. ..... . .
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I should have added to my post what an asset the Caribous have been to the eats coast league. It as just what the doctor ordered. The other teams like to see them coming and they always add a few fans to any rink. They play the game well . Not dirty but play hard.. They play good hockey and are good representatives of Clarenville.. I want the Breakers to win but ....Clarenville would be a good team with a couple of pickups to send to the Herder....

• Information