AJ..... Top goalie

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Onelastgo
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:07 pm

When it's true it's true ;)

Tomcod

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Hey titan , maybe if the flyers coaching staff had to come up with a stragety to beat the cataracts on the ice instead of trying to win the series in the back room they would have been more successful . example sending pictures of bruised players , pointing out those suspensions to HNL .. The Cats win on the ice not the boardroom .. stay tuned ..

titan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:45 pm

Hey Tomcod, dont know anything about that. Maybe the Cats management and coaches should stay on top of the rules so they don't be surprised by this stuff all the time, it's not the 1st they said oh, but we didn't know that was a rule

The Bottom Line

Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:41 pm
Hey titan , maybe if the flyers coaching staff had to come up with a stragety to beat the cataracts on the ice instead of trying to win the series in the back room they would have been more successful . example sending pictures of bruised players , pointing out those suspensions to HNL .. The Cats win on the ice not the boardroom .. stay tuned ..
Sending pics...... Bahaha how silly. :lol:

They couldn't figure out what to do with the trap. Maybe they should have complained to HNL about that.

Seniorfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:03 pm

srhockeyfan14 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:01 pm
Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm
If the Cats were "in the know" earlier AJ wouldn't have played after the fight and not have missed so many playoff games.
I'm told nobody knew of the suspensions prior to Friday evening an hour or so before the games (with the exception perhaps of the Flyers). Somebody brought the rule to the attention of HNL on Friday. The teams should have been Informed of the suspensions the day after the incident, not 6 weeks later in the middle of the playoffs. Lack of leadership. As a conspiracy theory, this has to be one of the silliest. AJ was legitimately injured... period. To suggest the injury was faked is to suggest the Cataracts intentionally sat him the first two games of the playoffs with the next two tenders not available, along with the next three so Stone could play, just so he'd be available for the Herder??? That makes absolutey ZERO sense. Time to move on.
I agree it makes zero sense. But there's always some truth to everything we hear. .
I Dont understand your comment with flyers knowledge to this as it was the cats and blues who are involved and affected.
I heard this today .. I asked the question if anyone knows anything about this. Your response and final statement of " time to move on" makes me wonder if you know more about this and wants this talk to stop before something comes out in the wash.
If you are saying HNL had to be informed of the rule, we've got much bigger issues in this league than we can ever imagine.
Somethings up with this whole thing.
Good God man!! Do you even realize how silly this sounds??? "There's always some truth to everything we hear." Do seriously believe that? I heard the earth was flat and OJ is innocent. Guess there must be some truth to it then. There's nothing more to know. This conspiracy idea is as stupid as it gets. What could the Flyers have to do with this? It's obvious. AJ was set to play Friday night before being informed for the first time that he was suspended for an incident six weeks earlier!! Who gained from HNL being informed of the rule Friday night and subsequently ruling AJ ineligible for the game? Only one team. Don't blame them one bit if they did that. The problem is that neither the leagues nor HNL informed the teams that their goalies were subject to supplemental discipline even after they played in games following the incident. Yes. Someone brought it to their attention before they made a ruling... six weeks after the fact. If the Cats knew a suspension was coming he wouldn't have played the last two games of the season making him eligible to return two games EARLIER than he did. There was NOTHING to gain from faking an injury. That's also pretty insulting to AJ. So yeah... move on.

srhockeyfan14

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:33 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
srhockeyfan14 wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 6:39 pm
If the Cats were "in the know" earlier AJ wouldn't have played after the fight and not have missed so many playoff games.
I'm told nobody knew of the suspensions prior to Friday evening an hour or so before the games (with the exception perhaps of the Flyers). Somebody brought the rule to the attention of HNL on Friday. The teams should have been Informed of the suspensions the day after the incident, not 6 weeks later in the middle of the playoffs. Lack of leadership. As a conspiracy theory, this has to be one of the silliest. AJ was legitimately injured... period. To suggest the injury was faked is to suggest the Cataracts intentionally sat him the first two games of the playoffs with the next two tenders not available, along with the next three so Stone could play, just so he'd be available for the Herder??? That makes absolutey ZERO sense. Time to move on.
I agree it makes zero sense. But there's always some truth to everything we hear. .
I Dont understand your comment with flyers knowledge to this as it was the cats and blues who are involved and affected.
I heard this today .. I asked the question if anyone knows anything about this. Your response and final statement of " time to move on" makes me wonder if you know more about this and wants this talk to stop before something comes out in the wash.
If you are saying HNL had to be informed of the rule, we've got much bigger issues in this league than we can ever imagine.
Good God man!! Do you even realize how silly this sounds??? "There's always some truth to everything we hear." Do seriously believe that? I heard the earth was flat and OJ is innocent. Guess there must be some truth to it then. There's nothing more to know. This conspiracy idea is as stupid as it gets. What could the Flyers have to do with this? It's obvious. AJ was set to play Friday night before being informed for the first time that he was suspended for an incident six weeks earlier!! Who gained from HNL being informed of the rule Friday night and subsequently ruling AJ ineligible for the game? Only one team. Don't blame them one bit if they did that. The problem is that neither the leagues nor HNL informed the teams that their goalies were subject to supplemental discipline even after they played in games following the incident. Yes. Someone brought it to their attention before they made a ruling... six weeks after the fact. If the Cats knew a suspension was coming he wouldn't have played the last two games of the season making him eligible to return two games EARLIER than he did. There was NOTHING to gain from faking an injury. That's also pretty insulting to AJ. So yeah... move on.
Relax boy..lol . Feathers are ruffled much.
I'm not insulting no one. I asked a question. That's the hockey talk. We all know what you think.. let's see what someone else got to say.

The Bottom Line

Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 pm

This is to silly to discuss... Imo

Seniorfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 pm

srhockeyfan14 wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
srhockeyfan14 wrote:

I'm not insulting no one. I asked a question. That's the hockey talk. We all know what you think.. let's see what someone else got to say.
Feathers ruffled? Hardly. Suggesting a player faked having an injury for five games is certainly an insult to that player. You can't get past that by saying you're only asking a question. And you still haven't come close to explaining how doing so would have even benefited him or the Cataracts.

srhockeyfan14

Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:40 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:21 pm
srhockeyfan14 wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:

Feathers ruffled? Hardly. Suggesting a player faked having an injury for five games is certainly an insult to that player. You can't get past that by saying you're only asking a question. And you still haven't come close to explaining how doing so would have even benefited him or the Cataracts.
Then lets just state the obvious. Aj was out 5 games for injury, or whatever reason. HNL just announced a 5 game suspension to both goalies involved in a fight. Blues played game 7 with their main goalie suspended - and "if" they managed to pull off a win, he would be gone for the first 4 games of the finals. So, AJ also gets his call for the suspension but... what do you know... hes just been out for 5 games and that counts as time served... Imagine that! Lucky break I guess.
Just stop to think about that a minute

"It got cat class and it got cat style" - stray cat strut - haha. Busted!
Last edited by srhockeyfan14 on Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seniorfan

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:06 pm

I don't think you have. You have a conspiracy without a theory. (It's irrelevant at this point but both goalies did not receive 5 game suspensions.) HNL and/ or the league should have informed the Blues of the suspension the day after the incident. Waiting until right before Game 7 is outrageous BUT out has nothing do to with the Cataracts and to suggest AJ faked his injury is equally outrageous and insulting to the young man. Once again, if the Cataracts knew about the supplemental discipline earlier they could have simply had him sit earlier and be ready for game 4 instead of not until Game 6. There was absolutely no reason to fake an injury. They had nothing to gain by what you continue to imply. Think about that. I'm really trying to help you understand but I can only explain it so many times. I've done all I can for you. It's on you to understand now.

• Information