SS Breakers @ bous Ecshl Final Game 1

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Tomcod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:13 pm

CCFAN-dbs wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:42 pm
Tomcod wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:21 pm
Yes the Breakers always played their home games Sunday evenings .. Its my understanding that this year they changed their home games to Saturday but it didn't work out so they changed back to Sunday .. over the years I watched many a game up in Mobile especially when my youngest son won the Herder there .. stay tuned ..
Only 1 game was played on a Saturday in Mobile this season. That was the weekend the Flyers and the Cats played against them
Flyers on Saturday, cats on Sunday

Thats correct , and from what i heard the fan turnout wasntthat good.. stay tuned ..

royalcat

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 pm

Don’t know why the Bous fans are all up in arms.The east played their games on Sunday nights and weekdays that way the players have a home life.Unlike other team they are not getting paid so they don’t have to give up their weekends .Maybe the Bous fans should of thought of that before joining if it is issue Also Whiffen is the Bous starting goalie this year so why are the Bous fans upset at Churchill?After all he is not getting paid and has a home life!

canonball

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:32 pm

And you say I am just on here to run down the cats

royalcat

Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:57 pm

I don’t think you want to run the Cat’s down .You are a cat’s fan behind close doors!

abc123

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:12 pm

Who’s upset with Churchill? It’s just not working out for him to play much this season. It isn’t his fault! It’s called life! As a Bous fan I would love to see him between the pipes but it is what it is! I don’t think anyone around here is upset with him!

Go Bous Go!

tincanfan

Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:25 pm

Ivan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:43 pm
Bous there's no conspiracy here against the Caribou's. We have 2 weeks to get 7 games in before the Herder starts. No conspiracy against Church. He don't work Monday to Friday, he works 2 weeks on. 1 week off, plus he is a union Rep for his job and has committments on his week off. He is away the weekends of the Herder (if we were to make it). Out of the 6 remaining weekend including this past weekend, he was avaliable for 1/6. And to whoever made the statement that we didn't know what we were getting in to, we certainly did. Nobody blindsiding anyone IMO. It's a schedule that's fair to both teams, based on the time that's avaliable to get it over with.
Thanks Ivan as usual you are more valuable than the folks that are supposedly running this league.

CCFAN-dbs

Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:17 am

Upset with Churchill? Hahahaha

I’m quite happy with Tyler in net.

As to the schedule, I don’t have control over it. If I did, there would only be games on days ending with Y!!!!!!!!!

Tomcod, the years of sellouts at a hockey are behind us. Unfortunately.
Go BOUS Go!

Flyer24

Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:05 pm

Explain how you get a 7-game series played in 2 weeks if you don't have weekday games?
The conspiracy theories on this site today are pure comedy. Apparently the League is out to get the Caribous and AJ faked an injury. Too much.

I'm glad the Shore won Game 1 as I will be in Clarenville for Game 5.

canonball

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:02 pm

Stadium Fries wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:24 am
tincanfan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:17 am
titan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:16 am
Not surprised by this outcome. If this series comes down to goaltending the Bous will be in trouble if Churchill is unavailable.
Whoever drew up the schedule made sure that Churchill isn't available. He works Mon thru Fri.
Games sun night then weds and Fri. How can he play with that schedule.
Last evening first period the Breakers couldn't skate with the Bous. In the break they switched sweaters because the reverse happened.
Tincan didn't Clarenville ask to leave the Central league and join the East league.
Many games in the East have been always scheduled during weekdays as the East unpaid players like weekends home with their families, at least that what you guys were saying all winter when these teams where suppose to come to Central for a single weekend each.
Just because Clarenville is still flying in players is no reason to accomodate the new team in the league.
You should be happy you had a couple of your regular goalies available for the series, unlike the Cats during their first two games against the Flyers.We could not even use our backup goalie unless Hurdle got injured. Imagine if HNL did that to the Caribous.
Fries Clarenville didn’t ask if they could leave the central league..They left the central league and asked the east league if they could join their league

Tomcod

Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:35 pm

The Bous had to ask the East league if they could play there and HNL had to ok it .. they finally got a game there not the first time they tried to get a game in the east .. When the east didn't want the Bous they had to ask the WEST league for a game and the Cats , Deer Lake and Corner Brook with the permission of HNL gave them a place to play .. I can remember back years ago when the Bous playedfor one year in the NSHL opted out so I guess history is repeating itself .. stay tuned ..

• Information