Bous Vs Breakers (Game 2 Updates)

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
titan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:25 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:53 pm
Justin Pender has obviously had issues in the past but anyone who has seen him the last two years knows that he has put that behind him and had been playing great hockey for the Caribous. People can change and mature. He's not the same player he was a few years ago. He'd be a very effective pickup for the Breakers if they get past the Caribous. The series isn't over yet.
He really has been playing great hockey, anyone who questions that is out to lunch.

Face off

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:50 pm

Pender won the Top D man in the league last year and IMO is the best in the league this year. He also wont the MVP at last years Herder. Look at his regular season stats of games played and his PPG.......stats dont lie.

His abilitiy to break up plays and control the puck from one end to the other is second to none. You are correct Titan, if given the chance all teams would love to have Pender playing for them and yes there is alot of Talent in the East league. One Player that comes to mind is Nicholas who used to play with the Cats. Had a great regular season and fantastic playoff series so far. Then there are the 3 players on the Blues: Hodge, Tibbo and Lush, well they acquired 2 of them this year and they just finished playing Hockey in Europe or some other high Level of hockey from last year. Then the Goaltenders like Yetman, ( who IMO stole Game 1 vs the BOUS esp in the first period) then Downer, Jennings, etc have really proven their worth.

This series is not over yet, 2 close games but the Bous need the Win tomorrow night if they are to have a chance IMO. If they don't and the games are close then that's all a fan can ask for. As for Pickups, if the Breakers win I am sure there are several they can chose from but Pender and Kevin Reid certainly would make a major difference to the team the Breakers have now.

tincanfan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Stadium Fries wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:50 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 pm
So we're all suggesting the Breakers should skake circles around the Cats then wheres the need for pickups? Jesus is it that obvious that HNL can't do anything fair.

As for TinCans statement that the goon hockey is over and it's time for the fans of central to take notice, what exactly do you mean? Like in regarding the goon style is a dying breed? Or that playing that style won't win against the Breakers?

I ask cause first things first the goon hockey or the fact that there seemed to be some hatred this season amongst the teams is what made this season watchable. Or secondly if you meant it in a way that this style won't help against the Breakers then remember people said the same thing about the Cats being slow and goons against the Flyers and we'll look how that played out.
From what I see here the only goon who will be playing for the Herder will be Water Bottle Pender whether as a Caribou or a Breaker. Any team who would want to pick him up is telling me that goon hockey is alive and well in the East Coast league.
Again, I will state..... not one player was injured by a Cats player in the Central league finals, can't say that for the Flyers. As for a few bruises they apparently were abundant on both Central teams, not just the Flyers as they tried to report.

Why are you always bringing up the water bottle thing. Imagine if it was bomb. Get a life such a minor thing from years ago. If that's the only goon thing from the Bous, make us look like angels. Cats try to intimidate the players but the SS will not be scared of the lumbering Cats trying slow them down. Should be a good series

Stadium Fries

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:03 pm

tincanfan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:57 pm
Stadium Fries wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:50 pm
Oh just a fan wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:31 pm
So we're all suggesting the Breakers should skake circles around the Cats then wheres the need for pickups? Jesus is it that obvious that HNL can't do anything fair.

As for TinCans statement that the goon hockey is over and it's time for the fans of central to take notice, what exactly do you mean? Like in regarding the goon style is a dying breed? Or that playing that style won't win against the Breakers?

I ask cause first things first the goon hockey or the fact that there seemed to be some hatred this season amongst the teams is what made this season watchable. Or secondly if you meant it in a way that this style won't help against the Breakers then remember people said the same thing about the Cats being slow and goons against the Flyers and we'll look how that played out.
From what I see here the only goon who will be playing for the Herder will be Water Bottle Pender whether as a Caribou or a Breaker. Any team who would want to pick him up is telling me that goon hockey is alive and well in the East Coast league.
Again, I will state..... not one player was injured by a Cats player in the Central league finals, can't say that for the Flyers. As for a few bruises they apparently were abundant on both Central teams, not just the Flyers as they tried to report.

Why are you always bringing up the water bottle thing. Imagine if it was bomb. Get a life such a minor thing from years ago. If that's the only goon thing from the Bous, make us look like angels. Cats try to intimidate the players but the SS will not be scared of the lumbering Cats trying slow them down. Should be a good series
For the same reason that you Cat haters continue to bring up things from years ago about Cat players. Funny thing you can continue to crap on the Cats but when you bring up the same issues about a Caribou player you take issue.
I will say that the water bottle that Pender threw at the Referee was not minor issue. It showed his character as a hockey player.
Interesting that you have already given up on your team. Looking forward to seeing Southern Shore for game 3 and 4 though at the Joe. Game five won’t be required even with Pender and Reid. Better off if they went after a goalie.

Tomcod

Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 pm

Hey Titan whats your excuse for your coaches not shaking hands ?? Im sure you can go back and see where I criticized HNL OTHER YEARS but not this year ( AND ITS THIS YEAR IM TALKING ABOUT )...If I remember correctly one of our players has a broken wrist compliments of a flyers player not to mention the flyers player who injured Bussey and received a five minute major and a two game suspension … The Cats Coaches shook hands with those players because they have Class .. Go runaway again now Titan .. stay tuned ..

Tomcod

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:09 pm

I have to agree with Senior Fan on Pendersplay the last couple of years .. In my opinion Pender is one of the most effective defencemen in senior hockey . He stays away from the foolishness that he used to get on with and sticks to hockey .. stay tuned ...

Tomcod

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:20 pm

Face off wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:50 pm
Pender won the Top D man in the league last year and IMO is the best in the league this year. He also wont the MVP at last years Herder. Look at his regular season stats of games played and his PPG.......stats dont lie.

His abilitiy to break up plays and control the puck from one end to the other is second to none. You are correct Titan, if given the chance all teams would love to have Pender playing for them and yes there is alot of Talent in the East league. One Player that comes to mind is Nicholas who used to play with the Cats. Had a great regular season and fantastic playoff series so far. Then there are the 3 players on the Blues: Hodge, Tibbo and Lush, well they acquired 2 of them this year and they just finished playing Hockey in Europe or some other high Level of hockey from last year. Then the Goaltenders like Yetman, ( who IMO stole Game 1 vs the BOUS esp in the first period) then Downer, Jennings, etc have really proven their worth.

This series is not over yet, 2 close games but the Bous need the Win tomorrow night if they are to have a chance IMO. If they don't and the games are close then that's all a fan can ask for. As for Pickups, if the Breakers win I am sure there are several they can chose from but Pender and Kevin Reid certainly would make a major difference to the team the Breakers have now.
Hello there Faceoff , just want to tell you that Nicholas who is playing with the Shore isnt the same Nichols that played with the Cats .. The Nicholas that played with us was from Lewisport , the Nicholas that plays with the shore is from twillengate .. stay tuned ...

#1BousFan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:24 pm

Stadium Fries wishes the Cats had Pender on his team lol
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

titan

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:32 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:57 pm
Hey Titan whats your excuse for your coaches not shaking hands ?? Im sure you can go back and see where I criticized HNL OTHER YEARS but not this year ( AND ITS THIS YEAR IM TALKING ABOUT )...If I remember correctly one of our players has a broken wrist compliments of a flyers player not to mention the flyers player who injured Bussey and received a five minute major and a two game suspension … The Cats Coaches shook hands with those players because they have Class .. Go runaway again now Titan .. stay tuned ..
Back again now Tommy boy, I don't lurk in the shadows when my team is not around or doing poorly. Nice try, I bet you thought I was gone for the evening so your little remark was gonna stand for the night. Is that the vicious crosscheck you referred to in the Bussey hit? When I asked where was the crosscheck in the video you declined to respond. You're missing the point as usual, I dont have to make an excuse for the Flyers players,
coaches or exec, they can make their own decisions, do I always agree with them? Absolutely not, while you on the other hand think your team can do no wrong. I have zero to do with the team I cheer for so what they do has very little bearing on me.

You should specify what year and who it is you're crying about cause it's hard to keep up with how much everyone is against the Cats. Refs, Flyers, Bous, East league, HNL and I'm sure I'm missing a couple more. ...Stay tuned.. even when you're team is not winning, it's much more interesting when you're on the go.

Tomcod

Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:19 pm

Ha Ha Titan you are starting to sound like a broken record .. Just amazes me the lengths some people will go to try to win at all costs .. stay tuned ..

• Information