Tony(Zamboni) Rodway

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
superfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:59 pm

It is with great regret, and a heavy heart, that I share the sad news of his passing . Tony was very well known around town, and was revered for his pride, and ability, in maintaining world class standards, on the ice surface, and the softball and soccer fields .
He was very close friend of mine, and always was able to point out the positive aspect of any challenge . He used to drop in for a coffee or a "happy drink" . Sometimes I would phone the stadium and say," Tony Zamboni, the kettle is on" and he would come down for his regular cup of tea.

Well Tony my friend, you rest in peace, and for you ,the kettle will always be on :(

#1BousFan

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:02 pm

superfan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:59 pm
It is with great regret, and a heavy heart, that I share the sad news of his passing . Tony was very well known around town, and was revered for his pride, and ability, in maintaining world class standards, on the ice surface, and the softball and soccer fields .
He was very close friend of mine, and always was able to point out the positive aspect of any challenge . He used to drop in for a coffee or a "happy drink" . Sometimes I would phone the stadium and say," Tony Zamboni, the kettle is on" and he would come down for his regular cup of tea.

Well Tony my friend, you rest in peace, and for you ,the kettle will always be on :(
I found out tonight that Tony had passed away, We had some good laughs, He will be missed, He will always be remembered as Zamboni Tony, RIP my friend
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Oh just a fan

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:05 pm

Hey guys, sorry to hear about yours guys friend. It's never easy to lose someone. Hope all is well.

superfan

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:05 pm
Hey guys, sorry to hear about yours guys friend. It's never easy to lose someone. Hope all is well.
Thanks for the kind words . It is never easy, and one can never be fully prepared for such an occurrence .

He was admired by players of all teams, and would accommodate everyone, to the very best of his ability , because his heart and soul was always in the game .

• Information