Breakers Pickups

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:39 am

Any official word yet on how many pickups the Breakers are allowed for the Herder series or of they've said who the pickups will be? Just fun, who would you select of you were the Breakers and could choose any two players from the ECSHL (that's the number I've been hearing the most). Some people have suggested Pender and Kevin Reid. I also saw a suggestion of Terry Ryan. Any other names? Tyler Adams of the Blues comes to mind. Good skater, can score and doesn't seem to mind the rough stuff. (Please don't hijack this discussion by getting into why they should be allowed pickups or any talk of paid vs unpaid players. That's been beat to death already. )

Breakersfan2019

Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:53 am

Seniorfan wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:39 am
Any official word yet on how many pickups the Breakers are allowed for the Herder series or of they've said who the pickups will be? Just fun, who would you select of you were the Breakers and could choose any two players from the ECSHL (that's the number I've been hearing the most). Some people have suggested Pender and Kevin Reid. I also saw a suggestion of Terry Ryan. Any other names? Tyler Adams of the Blues comes to mind. Good skater, can score and doesn't seem to mind the rough stuff. (Please don't hijack this discussion by getting into why they should be allowed pickups or any talk of paid vs unpaid players. That's been beat to death already. )
Pender for sure. Not sure about a forward as the Breakers have three great lines with lots of chemistry so I wouldn’t want to throw that off. Maybe pick up someone for insurance in case of injuries type of thing and in that case I would go for Kevin Reid or Kris Hodge.

Flyer24

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:05 am

I would take the 2 biggest, meanest defensemen in the league.

Oh just a fan

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:17 am

Would Druken be a good pickup? I mean I knows he's older and slower, but there's not many more meaner D out there than him.

Oh just a fan

Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:24 am

Question here as well, this kid Hodge, where's he from? He anything to Craig Hodge, former Cataract who is from Mt Pearl?

breakers21

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:04 am

I heard there was no pickups

Hockey Eyes

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:49 am

Oh just a fan wrote:
Question here as well, this kid Hodge, where's he from? He anything to Craig Hodge, former Cataract who is from Mt Pearl?

Chris Hodge is from Conception Bay South. As for pickups the decision a couple of weeks ago was for two pickups but it was kept open. I suspect it was the anticipation was that the Caribous would win and two would be enough. If the Shore or the Blues won they would give them three.
I suspect the decision will be the Southern Shore Breakers don't need three. They may need to replace somebody who can't get time off work ....I am guessing it will stay at two. .

canonball

Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:52 am

I got a feeling that the Shore will not be picking up any players and if so I agree with them .I don’t think that they will win without pickups but it will be some good hockey and we will all see how this league can stand up to the bigger guns

thelionsden

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:22 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:49 am
Oh just a fan wrote:

Chris Hodge is from Conception Bay South. As for pickups the decision a couple of weeks ago was for two pickups but it was kept open. I suspect it was the anticipation was that the Caribous would win and two would be enough. If the Shore or the Blues won they would give them three.
I suspect the decision will be the Southern Shore Breakers don't need three. They may need to replace somebody who can't get time off work ....I am guessing it will stay at two. .
Kris Hodge, is actually born in Roddickton on the Northern Peninsula. I actually taught him how to skate the first time he hit this ice. He spend a couple of years here in GFW and eventually moved to CBS. He is Craig Hodge's cousin. He is a really good kid and would be a good pick up for the Breakers. But as someone mentioned, if their lines are clicking, why would you mess with it?

leafsfan2028

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:49 pm

I agree with cannon why mess with team's lines now when you have 3 solid lines already

• Information