Breakers Pickups

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
canonball
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:18 pm

Take your puck and go home ,I think that I heard this when HNL came up with the big idea of having the Herder played in CB and MO . How did that turnout . Boy don’t worry you pretty little heads off about it ,I can hear it all now if the cats win the Herder it will be one thing if they lose it will be another .There is just one complaint after another ..Next year there will not be any of this

Tomcod

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:34 pm

Hey Cannon we all know how the Corner Brook experiment flopped , same thing for this decision .. The fans could of seen a great series now another flop .. stay tuned ..

The Bottom Line

Fri Mar 29, 2019 12:38 pm

Well Ball, maybe your wish of no more hockey will finally come through and then you can gloat about it. But for the teams competing, I'm sure they'll give it their all and the fans will enjoy it. Win or loose, agree with HNL or not, I hope the hockey is good.....and people are allowed to have an opinion, but it don't necessarily mean it's complaining about it. And, the few that are actually not drove away from this site because of the negativity that you and others spread, certainly does not represent ALL fans. Hope you enjoy the webcast !

canonball

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:02 pm

Think that you will see some great hockey .as to the webcast I am thinking about taking in a game or two out east .may even wear my SS jersey

Oh just a fan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:08 pm

I'm willing to bet Ball that you'd be the first person to complain if this was happening to your Bous. Don't lie. Then again you can't post anything without a small lie in it.

Tomcod

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:09 pm

canonball wrote:
Think that you will see some great hockey .as to the webcast I am thinking about taking in a game or two out east .may even wear my SS jersey

We would have seen some great hockey there Cannon ..... Think i might wear my SS jersey under my Cats jersey .. stay tuned..

canonball

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:10 pm

Bottom line ,there will be hockey next year in the senior league you can be sure of that , as to who will be playing I don’t know but I hope that the bous will As to me saying that next year there will not be any of this is that there will not be any east pickups if there is a east/west Herder final ,. If any pickups at all it will be from Central or West .Players are now staying close to home after all the pay is close to the same thing

canonball

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:17 pm

Just a fan ,you are wrong about me on the pickup of players ,I am not a fan of it and I never was ,you can go back over some of my post on the matter .As a matter of fact I was not for GFW or Clarenville picking up players from outside our own league .I know that other teams done it but I though we should stay inside our league for pickups ..For the Herder there should not be any pickups play with what got you there .Like I said you will not see any of this next year

canonball

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:24 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:09 pm
canonball wrote:

We would have seen some great hockey there Cannon ..... Think i might wear my SS jersey under my Cats jersey .. stay tuned..
Ha ha that I like to see ,and it is not would have Tomcod I think that you will see some good hockey and this should even the teams up a little . Don’t forget the bous lost 5 players form their team from last year and the cats have gotten better I think . You lost one Yetman but got another back and you also got Simms back

The Bottom Line

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:25 pm

canonball wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:10 pm
Bottom line ,there will be hockey next year in the senior league you can be sure of that , as to who will be playing I don’t know but I hope that the bous will As to me saying that next year there will not be any of this is that there will not be any east pickups if there is a east/west Herder final ,. If any pickups at all it will be from Central or West .Players are now staying close to home after all the pay is close to the same thing
[/quote

After all the great decisions made in the past years by HNL, I'd sooner not even play for the Herder and have a league with 5 or 6 teams (Ceebees, Bous, Flyers, Cats, and Royals/Red Wings) with imports and play for something else. Probably never see that now !!! But, it is what it is. Much better than nothing.

• Information