Breakers Pickups

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Breakersfan2019
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:28 pm

I heard the pick ups are being called “The Short/Bussey insurance” because they’re probably going to take out a couple of the Breaker’s top players.

Oh just a fan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:33 pm

Cannon I meant you wouldn't like it if the Shore got to pick up players and played against the Bous.

I'll give you that tho, I have read you say at least a 100 times that you don't like the picking up of players. But as a fan of the game, I don't think this will make the finals better. HNL needs a shakeup right from top to bottom. There is a reason other provinces call HNL, "Ha Newfoundland and Labrador". HNL has become a joke years ago and it's time for them to all be moved.

Tomcod

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:34 pm

Hey Cannon I got a soft spot for the SS, my youngest son lives on the shore and is married to a girl from the SS.. He also won a Herder playing for the SS .. STAY TUNED ..

Oh just a fan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:44 pm

I agree Tomcod, If anyone else was playing the Shore I'd be going for the Shore too. My brothers wife is from there, and I was drafted to play with them back in 08, never did play tho, but went there a few times for practice and I was treated well when I was there. Never ended up playing out there tho as I came back home to coach the Jr team in Central. But I will say this, BirdDog was a god damn beauty.

And Tomcod I think I finally figured out who you could be.

canonball

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:35 pm

No trouble to know Tomcod ,he put his name out there ,fine gentleman too I might add

canonball

Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:37 pm

canonball wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:35 pm
No trouble to know Tomcod ,he put his name out there ,fine gentleman too I might add also his son was the cats coach
[/

just watch

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:47 pm

I'm not and never was a fan of picking up players for the herder and I still think if the east and west are playing for the same title they should be playing under the same set of rules from season opener to finals , but reading posts from some on here there would be no chance for ' the beer can league" to compete with the mighty west. Now the time has come to play the finals and the east again can pick up players the crying as started. So what do you want , a gfw team to run away with every game or the beer can league to pick up players to give you a good game of hockey to watch.

Seniorfan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:53 pm

Breakersfan2019 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:28 pm
I heard the pick ups are being called “The Short/Bussey insurance” because they’re probably going to take out a couple of the Breaker’s top players.
This is another example of non- hockey talk.

Fivestar

Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:25 pm

If the breakers do not play a physical style of hockey they will be intimidated right away. they need a veteran player or players that play hard nosed hockey and will not be intimidated by some of the cats players.Grand falls beat a good skating and skilled gander team by playing physical and focusing on their best players.I feel if Ryan Delaney had played the final series it would have been much closer.

Oh just a fan

Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:37 pm

Delaney did play in the finals.

• Information