Cats @ SS Breakers Herder Final Game 1

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Stadium Fries
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:16 pm

royalcat wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:15 pm
Breakers team is fast but hard on the lumber.Great game tonight could of went either way.Cats need Some more players can’t win 4 games with short bench.
Sure they will. They have not played in 3 weeks. They will only be better tomorrow.

Hockey Eyes

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 pm

Breakers have to play better than that to win. Cats are a good team and anything less than the best from the Breakers will not do it. Way too much time in the penalty box for the Breakers which , if nothing else , takes the pressure off the Cats. Two of the goals the Breakers gave up I thought were " weak" . The Cats got " great" goal tending . The Breakers got " good" goal tending.
I would have thought the third period would have belonged to the Breakers and it didn't.
I didn't win the 50/50 . The crowd was standing room only . I got my monies worth for sure. Great to see a full house in the east coast and a game that could have went either way . I don't know what will happen tomorrow. .

Oh just a fan

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:35 pm

19, a penalty can be called 45 seconds after it happened. If the linesmen sees a penalty that is a 4 or 5 minute penalty they can call it. It took 45 seconds cause he had to wait for a whistle.
Last edited by Oh just a fan on Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Breakersfan2019

Stadium Fries wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:07 pm
Oh my the beer can all star league team lost again. Go Cats Go.
Lost to the overpaid stars.

Whiffen and Yetman are certainly earning their 1300 a game in the Herder plus their all expense paid trip down south if they win.

Stadium Fries

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:34 pm
Breakers have to play better than that to win. Cats are a good team and anything less than the best from the Breakers will not do it. Way too much time in the penalty box for the Breakers which , if nothing else , takes the pressure off the Cats. Two of the goals the Breakers gave up I thought were " weak" . The Cats got " great" goal tending . The Breakers got " good" goal tending.
I would have thought the third period would have belonged to the Breakers and it didn't.
I didn't win the 50/50 . The crowd was standing room only . I got my monies worth for sure. Great to see a full house in the east coast and a game that could have went either way . I don't know what will happen tomorrow. .
The Cats will be better after three weeks off and will win game two. Cats are now heading back to their hotel rooms and your beer can league players will be getting on the beer. Paid players have rules and commitments.

madness

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:41 pm

Breakersfan2019 wrote:
Stadium Fries wrote:

Whiffen and Yetman are certainly earning their 1300 a game in the Herder plus their all expense paid trip down south if they win.

Whiffen and "mark" yetman are both getting paid.

evanpenton

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 pm

That was actually a very very sloppy game from the Cats. Do not expect any future games to be that easy Breakers fans. Also for hockey eyes to say we got great goaltending, we must have been at very different games. I thought whiffen looked off tonight.

Look for Whiffen to be sharper from here on end and everything to be much harder. The cats had a 3 week break and alot of their players just kinda skated around tonight. If the cats put it together, it's over in 4.

As for Breakers2019 , as ohjustafan said. 44 high sticked hoffe in the face and the linesman saw it. He waited for there to be a whistle and while hoffe went off for repairs he told the ref about it. 4 minutes. Pretty straight forward.
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

geoela

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:49 pm

Not sure if you noticed on here, but HockeyFan29 seems to have disappeared. I think he/she/it has resurfaced as BreakerFan2019...same cutting, childish comments. Go Cats Go!! First time ever posting that. Hahaha!!

madness

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:50 pm

evanpenton wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:45 pm
That was actually a very very sloppy game from the Cats. Do not expect any future games to be that easy Breakers fans. Also for hockey eyes to say we got great goaltending, we must have been at very different games. I thought whiffen looked off tonight.

Look for Whiffen to be sharper from here on end and everything to be much harder. The cats had a 3 week break and alot of their players just kinda skated around tonight. If the cats put it together, it's over in 4.

As for Breakers2019 , as ohjustafan said. 44 high sticked hoffe in the face and the linesman saw it. He waited for there to be a whistle and while hoffe went off for repairs he told the ref about it. 4 minutes. Pretty straight forward.
THats what I saw. seems like a fair assessment

evanpenton

Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:51 pm

madness wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 10:41 pm
Breakersfan2019 wrote:
Stadium Fries wrote:

Whiffen and "mark" yetman are both getting paid.

No way....a player in the east would never accept money....
GO CATS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!

• Information