It's hockey talk folkes!!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
NLEastHockeyFan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:01 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:58 pm
I think they can turn this series around .

….. have thee no faith ? :)
Not a chance. Going back to GFW down two games and just lost 5-1? Cats will eat them alive this weekend. Friday night will be a blow out and Saturday will be close, maybe even overtime.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:06 pm

I think the Breakers can turn this around .

…. be nice to see the Herder in the Mobile Barn :ymapplause:

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 pm

superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:36 pm
GFW has a high contingent of local players however, in order to attract enough players to ice a team, they have to offer some compensation . I truly don't believe it is anything astronomical, like people tend to think.

Aside from that, there is no way the Cats could sustain such financial liabilities, to which people elude .

I admire both these teams, and in the interest of keeping it "interesting", I would like to see the Breakers win this series .

…. with great respect, I honestly can't share your theory about "buying" the Herder .
We're all still waiting for him to explain this theory of his. I've asked him to explain it multiple times. He hasn't or can't. Just keeps repeating the same worn out phrase over and over.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:43 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:24 pm
superfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:36 pm
GFW has a high contingent of local players however, in order to attract enough players to ice a team, they have to offer some compensation . I truly don't believe it is anything astronomical, like people tend to think.

Aside from that, there is no way the Cats could sustain such financial liabilities, to which people elude .

I admire both these teams, and in the interest of keeping it "interesting", I would like to see the Breakers win this series .

…. with great respect, I honestly can't share your theory about "buying" the Herder .
We're all still waiting for him to explain this theory of his. I've asked him to explain it multiple times. He hasn't or can't. Just keeps repeating the same worn out phrase over and over.
All the money handed out by GFW to pay players over the years? Guys have made fortunes from the GFW Cataracts. Remember 2009 when the Delaneys and Wadden left the Cee Bees to play for GFW? The money they left CBN for was crazy stupid, like couldn’t be turned down. Getting AJ to come back after the Allan Cup and his year with the Cee Bees wasn’t cheap either I bet. This is why the CWSHL is a two team league.

Oh just a fan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm

AJ made more in CBN.

And why is it you only bring up the last 13 years? Paying of players has been otg as long as the Herder has been. This isn't the first team to do it nor will it be the last.

Why can't you get that through your tick head? Theres 7 hockey teams on the island all of which pays players. Simple as that. No ffs get off your phone and get to work or something.

royalcat

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm

Get over it we saw some good hockey the weekend enjoy it.If the Cats pay out good money that's their business.They are still making money so there is nothing for you to worry about.They will have hockey next year don't you kid yourself.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:50 pm
AJ made more in CBN.

And why is it you only bring up the last 13 years? Paying of players has been otg as long as the Herder has been. This isn't the first team to do it nor will it be the last.

Why can't you get that through your tick head? Theres 7 hockey teams on the island all of which pays players. Simple as that. No ffs get off your phone and get to work or something.
I’m sure most teams pay their players a modest stipend for their services. The problem is when teams get into paying players the equivalent to a much more than modest salary like the GFW, CBN, and Clarenville been doing over the past dozen years or so.

When it gets so out of hand that we’re talking Revenue Canada audits and the such, then we know there is a structural problem with the foundation of “amateur” senior hockey in this province. If those organizations want to be investing that type of money into running a hockey team then maybe they should have formed a semi-pro or professional league or joined an already existing professional league.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:57 pm

royalcat wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:52 pm
Get over it we saw some good hockey the weekend enjoy it.If the Cats pay out good money that's their business.They are still making money so there is nothing for you to worry about.They will have hockey next year don't you kid yourself.
A two team league without interlocking play should be very interesting and exciting.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:58 pm

Ten years ago. Different people running the team. Different budgets. They didn't win a Herder until two years later after that. has nothing to do with their 4 Herder wins since. Soon to be five. Didn't buy a Herder then did they. How much did they pay AJ last year and this? No Ceebees to play for. Bet you don't know the answer. Just making stuff up. Who made a fortune? Just more generalizations. No actual information. provide details rather than spew your lies. Zero credibility. Joker.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:04 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:58 pm
Ten years ago. Different people running the team. Different budgets. They didn't win a Herder until two years later after that. has nothing to do with their 4 Herder wins since. Soon to be five. Didn't buy a Herder then did they. How much did they pay AJ last year and this? No Ceebees to play for. Bet you don't know the answer. Just making stuff up. Who made a fortune? Just more generalizations. No actual information. provide details rather than spew your lies. Zero credibility. Joker.
I see you’ve been drinking the kool-aid. Teams and sponsors involved with these teams have evolved the way they’re paying these players over the years. An envelope full of cash showing up in a hockey bag at the end of the weekend after they’ve gotten their cheque from the team is still paying a player.

• Information