It's hockey talk folkes!!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Seniorfan
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 pm

I think you've lost the narrative. Of course players in central are remunerated for their time. I've explained in great detail in the past why that is necessary. Not going to go through it all again just b to appease you. Once again please back up your comments about "10's of thousands of dollars and trips down south" and taking money from the canteen. You can't because they're lies. Guess what? If you get caught lying that makers you a liar which I'll continue to call you. That's not an insult. It's just a fact. Liar.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:14 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:10 pm
I think you've lost the narrative. Of course players in central are remunerated for their time. I've explained in great detail in the past why that is necessary. Not going to go through it all again just b to appease you. Once again please back up your comments about "10's of thousands of dollars and trips down south" and taking money from the canteen. You can't because they're lies. Guess what? If you get caught lying that makers you a liar which I'll continue to call you. That's not an insult. It's just a fact. Liar.
Maybe you’re the liar? Maybe you know all of this and more but you’re denying it because that’s the line the team has decided to take. Or maybe you don’t know as much as you’d like to think?

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm

You are a liar, liar.

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:29 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm
You are a liar, liar.
Have a great day.

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:43 pm

You too

Hockey Eyes

Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:55 pm

Just to talk a bit of hockey ikf anyone's interested. The Breakers had to bring their best game to the table to beat the Cats and they didn't. The Cataracts are a good team ...big and strong and they have good goal tending. The thing that stuck out for me in game one was the Breakers spent too much time in the penalty box. They had a four minute penalty and another deuce right after it in game one. That's six minutes of the period. That upsets everything. They did score the first two and if they had scored a third it would have been a different game... but it wasn't a different game. The Cataracts kept coming.
I also don't think they got their skating game going until too late. They need to make the Cats skate all night from the first whistle and hope they are sucking air by the third. The Cats have some " older" gentlemen. By older I don;t mean 42 ...I mean over thrity. Nobody is as fast at thirty one as they were at twenty one. The Breakers win most of the short races to the puck but kept looking at long " hopeful" passes The Cats also have some players that can rush the length of the ice but passing the puck is the play of last resort. The Breakers need to capitalize on that. They didn't . They also gave up possession too easily on the power play. " Dump and chase " on a power play is an odd option when the Cats defence know how to clear a puck .
The Breakers had that first game but let it slip away . They gave up a goal right off the bat in the second game. Now they are faced with winning two in GFW... you would have to say that is not likely . In hockey though as in life you never know.

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:37 pm

Tomcod is in the building . What do you think Toncod ?

geoela

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:18 pm

All of this talk about buying the Herder is getting old and ridiculous. Both of these teams, as well as the other five teams, are made up of local Newfoundland and Labrador hockey players. If the Cats had three or more imports from outside the province of very high skill sets as in past teams, I could maybe understand you being upset. But ALL teams are on an even playing field here with local hockey players. The Cats have a great organization and they always build great teams...this year and in the past. They scout kids who nobody heard tell of, and before you know it, they are stars in the league. They have good hockey people building their teams of local, home grown talent. It’s time for you to give up this “buying the Herder” foolishness once and for all. You are wrong. You’re just upset that nobody out your way has put together a winning team yet. But, it will happen for you very soon. And when it does, it’ll be tough to get it back. I just wonder if the central and/or west leagues will be given the luxury of the 4 strengthening pickups when the tables are turned. Go Cats Go!! (from a non-Cats fan)

superfan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:31 pm

geoela wrote:
All of this talk about buying the Herder is getting old and ridiculous. Both of these teams, as well as the other five teams, are made up of local Newfoundland and Labrador hockey players. If the Cats had three or more imports from outside the province of very high skill sets as in past teams, I could maybe understand you being upset. But ALL teams are on an even playing field here with local hockey players. The Cats have a great organization and they always build great teams...this year and in the past. They scout kids who nobody heard tell of, and before you know it, they are stars in the league. They have good hockey people building their teams of local, home grown talent. It’s time for you to give up this “buying the Herder” foolishness once and for all. You are wrong. You’re just upset that nobody out your way has put together a winning team yet. But, it will happen for you very soon. And when it does, it’ll be tough to get it back. I just wonder if the central and/or west leagues will be given the luxury of the 4 strengthening pickups when the tables are turned. Go Cats Go!! (from a non-Cats fan)

Exactly right Geo, very well said :ymapplause:

...... oh I almost forgot lets go Breakers :)

NLEastHockeyFan

Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:38 pm

geoela wrote:
It’s hard to compete with teams in the Central West League who have operating budgets in the six figures. That’s the biggest difference here, and it should never be in NL Senior Hockey. If that’s how they want to run their teams join a pro league and forget about the Herder.

• Information