Breakers VS Cats Game 3

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
shorefan19
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:16 am

Game 3 goes tonight (8:00PM Start) at the Joe Byrne Memorial Stadium in GFW. Can the breakers bounce back?? I think tonight is going to be the tell tale for this series, going to be another good game.

Both goaltenders are playing hot as of late; I expect another battle between the pipes again tonight.

Really liked when the shore put out Nicholas, Kavanagh and Tibbo together Sunday afternoon, they seemed to have some chemistry.

Cadigan is a powerhouse on the backend for the breakers, oh man what a cannon of a shot he has.

The pickups are playing quite well for the shore, hoping to see this continue into this weekend.

The cats are playing well as usual, Whiffen is hot and Danny Wicks is keeping up the scoring touch. Those two are key to the cats pulling away this weekend.

Rodi short and Nick lindstrom are playing good on the back end for the cats, getting the puck out off the breakers rebounds.

I predict the breakers to win 2/3 games this weekend to bring it back to the east next weekend, gonna be a good competitive series!

WEBCAST by the great George Scott and crew available here: http://webcast.3sixty.live/Player/Player/218

thelionsden

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:26 am

Good analysis Shorefan19. Hope your not right on the out come, but anything can happen.

Hockey Eyes

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm

The Breakers HAVE to make the Cats skate all night. The games I saw in St. John's the Breakers essentially beat themselves plus got a couple of bad breaks. If it were me , and it ain't , I would play dump and chase . Throw it in the corner and make the Cataracts skate after it . Skating is the strength of the Breakers... Not their only strength but one of them. Cadigan is marvellous at carrying the puck but also SEES the ice very well. He will pass in a heartbeat if the lane is there.
The Breakers have to play better than they did . They are also evenly balanced down through their lines.. In a way the Cataracts are similar to the Caribous in that their top six or eight are great but it falls off pretty quick . Those six or eight need to be tired out and sucking air halfway through the game.
I should say that I posted a month ago that ,given the pickups allowed... the Caribous would have been a stronger rep for the east coast.
Tough for the Breakers to win but if they stay out of the penalty box and Yetman comes up big... who knows.

Tomcod

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:05 pm

The Cats only had less than three lines last weekend plus they never played a game in less than three weeks .. Cadigan is a good defenceman but whats with the full face mask ? He doesn't. .. play dirty like some of his young team mates who are wearing the full face masks and going around head hunting.. one player with the full face mask high sticked two of the Cats players and cut them for stitches to their faces , hope wedont see anymore dirt like that this weekend .. Hope to see some good hockey this weekend .. stay tuned ..

shorefan19

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:13 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:14 pm
The Breakers HAVE to make the Cats skate all night. The games I saw in St. John's the Breakers essentially beat themselves plus got a couple of bad breaks. If it were me , and it ain't , I would play dump and chase . Throw it in the corner and make the Cataracts skate after it . Skating is the strength of the Breakers... Not their only strength but one of them. Cadigan is marvellous at carrying the puck but also SEES the ice very well. He will pass in a heartbeat if the lane is there.
The Breakers have to play better than they did . They are also evenly balanced down through their lines.. In a way the Cataracts are similar to the Caribous in that their top six or eight are great but it falls off pretty quick . Those six or eight need to be tired out and sucking air halfway through the game.
I should say that I posted a month ago that ,given the pickups allowed... the Caribous would have been a stronger rep for the east coast.
Tough for the Breakers to win but if they stay out of the penalty box and Yetman comes up big... who knows.
Skating is crucial for the breakers to win, they have to come out flying for the entire 60 minutes and stay away from the penalty box. Like HockeyEyes said dump and chase would be a good system to play but could also be risky and give up some fast breaks to the cats. I noticed last weekend the breakers defence relied on Yetman too much in goal. Lets see what happens tonight, different rink, different mindset, could be an entirely different series. Gonna be good! Stay tuned!

shorefan19

Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:20 pm

Tomcod wrote:
The Cats only had less than three lines last weekend plus they never played a game in less than three weeks .. Cadigan is a good defenceman but whats with the full face mask ? He doesn't. .. play dirty like some of his young team mates who are wearing the full face masks and going around head hunting.. one player with the full face mask high sticked two of the Cats players and cut them for stitches to their faces , hope wedont see anymore dirt like that this weekend .. Hope to see some good hockey this weekend .. stay tuned ..
Cadigan has worn the full mask for a few seasons now, not too sure on the reasoning behind it but he must prefer playing with one. For the dirty plays, there were dirt plays on both sides last weekend and no one is perfect.

I would also like to note on the head hunting done by the cats D on nicholas and the other breakers top 6 including chafe in game one and two. I have no place for that in hockey. These people give up their time to play and hits like these could ultimately affect their entire lives and careers (these people have jobs outside of sr hockey).

Not saying that there shouldn't be hitting in hockey but cheap headshots in my opinion is not the way to go about winning. Although some hits are accidental and that stuff happens all the time even in professional hockey, some of the hits or attempted hits last weekend were intent to injure.

Also I'm not saying the cataracts are a dirty team by no means, they are a strong powerhouse team with a lot of talent and good genuine guys. I'm just commenting on a couple of plays from the game last weekend.

Hockey Eyes

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:03 pm

Cadigan started warning a shiied after his mouth was cut pretty badly in a " scrum". I think Mike Druken was involved. It wasn't a fight. It was pushing and shoving. Cadigan had fingers inside his mouth and it was kind of ripped. As you know he is a member of the Constabulary and he missed some work. He started wearing a shield after that . I think I have that right .

AEfan

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:11 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Some guys teeth are more important than wearing a half visor. I know the guys on SS that are wearing the full face masks/shields all have to because of their teeth. The same reason Mike Dyke wears his and has had to for most of his career

Oh just a fan

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:24 pm

Mike Dykes reasoning is because he lost his teeth so much I think either his insurance would go up and or not cover it anymore, unless he wore a mask. I also think I have that right.

And shorefan19 welcome aboard. Love seeing and great analyst on hockey without being biased. It's nice to see for once.

Tomcod

Fri Apr 12, 2019 4:50 pm

IM not questioning anyones right to wear a full face mask , just wondering if Cadigan was injured .. in the meantime anyone wearing afull face mask for whatever reason should certaintly be more aware of where their stick is going , that's my take on it .. Not trying to stir the pot .. stay tuned ..

• Information