Breakers VS Cats Game 3

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
leafsfan2028
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Apr 12, 2019 10:28 pm

game over breakers 0 cats 2

The Bottom Line

Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:28 pm

Out coached tonight imo. Poor time for the Breakers to get a too many men penalty. AJ was very sharp when needed. Cats defense gave up nothing. Yetman played great, gave the Breakers a chance, but you have to score to win. Been some good hockey thus far. Fast, physical, good goaltending, can't ask for much more than that.

royalcat

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:22 am

I thought that last nights gave started off very cautious on both sides.Breakers are fast but just can’t get that jump on the cat’s.Hope tonight’s game is played by the Breakers with some desperation.Not the best Herder finals game I very saw last night.

#1BousFan

Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:57 am

It looks like the Cats could be hoisting the Herder Trophy tonight, The Shore doesn't seem to have a answer to beating the Cats, I guess experience is a big factor
Clarenville Caribous 2018 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous--2012 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2011 Allan Cup Champions
Clarenville Caribous- -2010 Herder Champions
Clarenville Caribous- 2009 Herder Champions

Zekie

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:31 am

I used to be a frequent flyer on this site, but I've pretty much lost my appetite for the hockey being played these days at the senior level under the umbrella of HC/HNL. However I thought I'd chime in & make a comment on this series.

Even though the series is down 3-0 for the Cats, the breakers, with their pick ups, are probably the best team the East has sent to the Herder in several years. They are fast & move the puck well but they can't seem to pull the trigger in close.

The Cats are deep in the forward end and need to use their older dmen very sparingly. Short is playing decent hockey & Lindstrom is really picking up his game. Cats need to get younger, a point which I'm sure they will address if they continue to ice teams moving forward. They have very good hockey people at their core when it comes to picking up and grooming young players.

superfan

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:36 am

Couldn't of said it better myself . I would love to see the Breakers get back into this series, to be honest .

shorefan19

Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:43 am

Zekie wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 10:31 am
I used to be a frequent flyer on this site, but I've pretty much lost my appetite for the hockey being played these days at the senior level under the umbrella of HC/HNL. However I thought I'd chime in & make a comment on this series.

Even though the series is down 3-0 for the Cats, the breakers, with their pick ups, are probably the best team the East has sent to the Herder in several years. They are fast & move the puck well but they can't seem to pull the trigger in close.

The Cats are deep in the forward end and need to use their older dmen very sparingly. Short is playing decent hockey & Lindstrom is really picking up his game. Cats need to get younger, a point which I'm sure they will address if they continue to ice teams moving forward. They have very good hockey people at their core when it comes to picking up and grooming young players.
Well said Zekie, I agree this has been one of the better teams in the herder from the east in recent years. The breakers have a good team it’s just they can’t find an answer for grand falls. Like George scott said on the broadcast last night the breakers are opting for the extra pass when they could have a decent shot from the slot. I think sometimes one pass too many is risky and I think the breakers are gonna look to change things up tonight in a do or die situation.

Gonna be a good game at the Joe Byrne tonight (7:30 start). Hoping the shore wins a couple of games before it’s all said and done.

3 fast and competitive games so far for the herder and grand falls are up 3 to 0, let’s see what happens tonight folks, stay tuned!

Oh just a fan

Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:24 am

To the point of them making the extra pass. That has a lot to do with AJ, he's in their heads. They think they need to make him move more therefore making the extra pass. I agree they need to shoot more, get some "ugly" goals. Notice I put the ugly in quotation marks cause I don't think any goal is ugly. They all look the same on the fridge.

titan

Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 pm

In order to beat AJ on a regular basis you need guys in front of the net. If you are going to go there you have to be able to take the smacks that go along with that type of game and stay disciplined, that's no easy task. From what I've seen from the Flyers and so far the shore they just don't have the type of guys that want to do that on a regular basis. You can shoot at AJ all day long from outside and if he can see it he's gonna stop it. Get someone in front of the net and have then stay there, then shoot the puck from anywhere.

Zekie

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:52 pm

titan wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:18 pm
In order to beat AJ on a regular basis you need guys in front of the net. If you are going to go there you have to be able to take the smacks that go along with that type of game and stay disciplined, that's no easy task. From what I've seen from the Flyers and so far the shore they just don't have the type of guys that want to do that on a regular basis. You can shoot at AJ all day long from outside and if he can see it he's gonna stop it. Get someone in front of the net and have then stay there, then shoot the puck from anywhere.
Excellent point Titan!!

They need a Brendan Gallagher type player. But the problem is that your not gonna stand in front of AJ without paying the price. You'll have to endure the hack & whack of Short or Hoffe without taking a penalty. That's not gonna be easy.

No disrespect to Short or Hoffe intended. These guys are seasoned veterans who will do what it takes to win!!

• Information