Team of the Decade

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
canonball
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:28 pm

canonball wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:13 am
Not to mention the Clarenville Caribous who have won 4 Herders and runner up in 3 while being involved in the Herder that was awarded to the CB’s and also won an Allan cup with only the players added from within their own league Tha Conception Bay CB’s not players who didn’t know where NL was

I might add to that is that the bous were also the runner up in two Allan cups ,but like you say no one remembers who came second.But speak about team of the decade you can also mention the bous

Seniorfan

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:47 pm

canonball wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:08 pm
The point is I beg to differ on the team of the decade and I am entitled too agree or disagree ,but I know what you will say
Apparently not as you missed my point. The discussion started off being a debate about which team had the better record this past decade but quickly degenerated into a meaningless back and forth about where players on teams were from. What does that possibly have to do about respective records?

Oh just a fan

Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm

Rosie was the guy who was grandfathered in. If anyone cares. Cannon don't get on with the Bous only added players from CBN. That was the rule back then. I'm willing to bet if they were allowed to pick up whoever like the Cats were that they would have.

Tomcod

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:08 pm
Rosie was the guy who was grandfathered in. If anyone cares. Cannon don't get on with the Bous only added players from CBN. That was the rule back then. I'm willing to bet if they were allowed to pick up whoever like the Cats were that they would have.
You got that right Fan , if the bous had the chance they would jump at it and more .. By the way the team from Stony Creek had ten imports on their team the year the Cats won the Allan Cup .. they had special permission for four imports .. The Cats played by the rules and won end of story .. The CATS have the record for winning five herders and an Allan Cup in the last nine years and thats the facts.. There always has to be a runner up .. The cats might lose in the boardroom but they win on the ice .. stay tuned ..

canonball

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 pm

Never said anything about why the bous only picked up players from one team but I agree with you when you said that the bous would have picked up players else where if allow ,I think they would have anyway .But they didn’t and a team made up of NL players with the exception of 3 ,not bad hey ,a bunch of newfies went up and kicked ass .I voice my opinion in 2015 when both NL team went outside their own league to get players to play in the Allan Cup .Also the team of the decade is still up for debate .The bout appeared in 7 Herder finals and 3 Allan cup finals

royalcat

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 pm

Sorry cannonballs not up for debate"Cat's" win!!

Stadium Fries

Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:57 pm

Tomcod wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:58 pm
The Cats have to be one of the most successful teams in a decade in senior hockey .. they have been in the herder six times in thelast nine years.. They have won five herders and a national championship namely the Allan Cup faster than any other team in Nl hockey history . Not to mention the decade isn't over yet , congratulations to Cataracts organization .. stay tuned ..
Also I would like to add that the Cats were the cleanest team during the Finals against Gander and again during the Herder finals against the Southern Shore.
These two teams took dirt to another level during these playoffs.

canonball

Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:34 pm

royalcat wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:43 pm
Sorry cannonballs not up for debate"Cat's" win!!

So you say ,,I say different .end of debate

royalcat

Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:09 pm

Sorry you know you can’t argue with the Cat’s!! Their organization and coaches do the best at bring out the best in their players.Over the years they have taken players that other teams passed up on and developed them into winning players.I can probably even say that They finished the season off with money in the bank.Don’t think any other team can say the same.I could be wrong?

rick

Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:56 pm

Suck it up canon . Argue until the cows come home and you'll still be wrong

• Information