Team of the Decade

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Tomcod
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:44 pm

canonball wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:16 pm
Never said anything about why the bous only picked up players from one team but I agree with you when you said that the bous would have picked up players else where if allow ,I think they would have anyway .But they didn’t and a team made up of NL players with the exception of 3 ,not bad hey ,a bunch of newfies went up and kicked ass .I voice my opinion in 2015 when both NL team went outside their own league to get players to play in the Allan Cup .Also the team of the decade is still up for debate .The bout appeared in 7 Herder finals and 3 Allan cup finals
A lot of what you say is true Cannon but the bous only earned the right to go to the Allan cup twice the same as the Cats .. Once they went because the Cee Bees couldnt go for whatever reason .. stay tuned..

Flyer24

Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 am

Its great to see NL teams competing and winning the Allan Cup, and I remember watching and cheering for the Cats a few years ago. However, if anyone looked at the Roster you would see about 9 imports. All teams are doing it, and its fine by me. Just not sure why Cats fans would argue about the number of imports who played when you can look at a box score from that game.

thelionsden

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:35 pm

Imports in the Newfoundland senior hockey league are not classified the same way with Hockey Canada. Imports are 1st time branch to branch transfers. once a player has spent 1 year in that branch, they are no longer am import, as per hockey Canada rules. If a Newfoundland player leaves the province to play hockey and decides to come back home, he is considered an Import in Hockey Canada eyes.

So under hockey Canada rules, a lot of teams had imports this season.

Tomcod

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:55 pm

thelionsden wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:35 pm
Imports in the Newfoundland senior hockey league are not classified the same way with Hockey Canada. Imports are 1st time branch to branch transfers. once a player has spent 1 year in that branch, they are no longer am import, as per hockey Canada rules. If a Newfoundland player leaves the province to play hockey and decides to come back home, he is considered an Import in Hockey Canada eyes.

So under hockey Canada rules, a lot of teams had imports this season.
Cant get much clearer than that Lionsden .. stay tuned ..

canonball

Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Don’t give a rats ass what hockey Canada considers an import . I do know what players are brought in to play hockey from other parts of the country are imports and on the teams that won the Allan cup Clarenville had 3 GFW 9 plus 1 or 2 more that are NLers but didn’t play hockey for a few years in the nshl .Now which team would you rather have represent NL .? A team with imports or a team with NLers .I know my choice because I AM A NEWFOUNDLANDer

Seniorfan

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:17 pm

canonball wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:59 pm
Don’t give a rats ass what hockey Canada considers an import . I do know what players are brought in to play hockey from other parts of the country are imports and on the teams that won the Allan cup Clarenville had 3 GFW 9 plus 1 or 2 more that are NLers but didn’t play hockey for a few years in the nshl .Now which team would you rather have represent NL .? A team with imports or a team with NLers .I know my choice because I AM A NEWFOUNDLANDer
Please don't confuse him with facts.

canonball

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:21 pm

I know what team won the Allan cup with players from NL and only 3 from outside our province ..Do you

Seniorfan

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:32 pm

I know what an import hockey player is. Lionsden just explained it... but you don't give a "rats ass" about ther facts. That's been obvious for a long time.

Seniorfan

Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm

And I know that the Bous lost for straight to a Breakers team that didn't have any added players. I also know the Cataracts beat the Breakers 4-1 even after the Breakers added 3 players. I know which team just won the Herder for the 5th time this decade and 15th overall.

Hockey Eyes

Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:13 pm

And I know which team is professional and which team doesn't pay it's players.

• Information