State of Flux!!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Zekie
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:05 pm

It has been very frustrating for fans of Senior Hockey here in Newfoundland over the past number of years never knowing from one year to the next if there will be hockey to watch or not. As a fan, I'm not privy to all the factors that are at play behind the scenes that determines what really happens.

But I do know that the grip of Senior Hockey in this province lies in the hands of a few people that some have referred to as the Old Boys Club. I think its shameful that HNL & the Senior Council have let things get to the state that Senior Hockey is in today, without trying to be more proactive in trying to preserve the game at this level.

The only way I can describe the state of the game at the Senior level here in Newfoundland is FLUX!!! Very sad & certainly shameful!

ECSHLFan2019

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:19 pm

Zekie wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:05 pm
It has been very frustrating for fans of Senior Hockey here in Newfoundland over the past number of years never knowing from one year to the next if there will be hockey to watch or not. As a fan, I'm not privy to all the factors that are at play behind the scenes that determines what really happens.

But I do know that the grip of Senior Hockey in this province lies in the hands of a few people that some have referred to as the Old Boys Club. I think its shameful that HNL & the Senior Council have let things get to the state that Senior Hockey is in today, without trying to be more proactive in trying to preserve the game at this level.

The only way I can describe the state of the game at the Senior level here in Newfoundland is FLUX!!! Very sad & certainly shameful!
Don’t blame everyone else because no one wants to deal with the Cataracts and Flyers anymore. Looks like their days of lavishly outspending everyone else has caught up with them. They’ll be lucky to get a game without some serious intervention from HNL.

Zekie

Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:24 pm

Read the post again skipper! Its a post expressing disappointment with the current state of Senior Hockey. Nothing was said about Cats or Flyers & spending. Senior Hockey didn't just arrive at the state its in automatically. Its a BOONDOGGLE!

"You People" should enjoy what you got out there while you have it & you can't fire me cause I just quit!

Oh just a fan

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:14 pm

Don't mind him Zekie. He has selected reading. Couldn't see that you pointed out that all of SR. hockey. Not just Central. He makes it seem like he wanted to wait til yesterday to find out they had hockey to watch on the east. It was just as much a shame and stupid that the East had to wait to find out this week. It should be decided two months ago at the latest for all involved.

herder head

Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:36 pm

So is it true that HNL is trying to force CBN or any other team(s) on the island to interlock with central teams in an attempt to keep those teams alive? Carl Lake must have got that info. from somewhere.

Oh just a fan

Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 pm

The fact the Cats haven't said anything and Gander, even tho they've spoke didn't say no. Makes me think their still trying to. Maybe making them all come in for one game. At the Flyers and Cats expense.

herder head

Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:34 pm

Either none of them go over or they make each team go over for one weekend and have all expenses covered, that makes sense.

Flyer24

Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:37 am

Everything is being looked at apparently. And a bunch of guys are playing in the Intermediate League just to get in shape. As for Zekies comments, it certainly baffles me how HNL can control everything in minor hockey right down to the number of minutes a goalie plays in a Peewee D tournament, yet when it comes to SR. Hockey they just sit back and let the gongshow continue year after year.

royalcat

Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:02 pm

Looking for The Cat’s and Flyer’s to fund the east again?If you can’t afford to support your teams or fund raise to support your teams out east maybe that’s why it took so long to get the league going.You can’t get the money or the fans until you get these two teams to agree to support you?

Seniorfan

Thu Nov 14, 2019 3:20 pm

The longer this gets dragged out the more convinced I become that there will be interlocking hockey involving both the Cats and Flyers. The east keeps posting schedules and then revising/delaying them because they don't actually have a league to play in without agreeing to some interlocking games. When will we get an announcement?

• Information