THE CATS ARE BACK!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
Insider
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm

to play with 2 teams is beyond assanine... makes 0 sense, take the year off regroup next season and get a league established.. this is an embarassment to HockeyNL and I can't believe they are allowing it.. well they actually haven't yet but thats another post.

The Bottom Line

Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:17 pm

It makes more sense than not playing at all. Cats and flyers fans know they will see some great hockey and even the herder final will be played in one of the 2 rinks, making it easy for anyone in central to attend a game. Hope the ceebees make it to the finals!!!!

GenoSniper

Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 pm

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:23 pm
The Bottom Line wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:12 pm
Both leagues have been paying players. One league issues T4's. Both are amateur. Webster is not the governing body, so that definition is not applied to as per HNL or Hockey Canada. I can't make it any clearer than that for you. You don't have to like it, I really don't care. If you have a beef with the rules and laws or definitions, feel free to take on HNL, hockey Canada and Canada Revenue. But, as for now, that's the rules and that's what's being followed in central.
One league pays players. The CWSHL. They issue T4’s to players for their part-time services playing senior hockey which makes them semi-professional teams.

The ECSHL does not pay players and therefore does not issue T4’s to players meaning that league is truly an amateur league.

We have a semi-professional team playing an amateur team for the Herder. That is why the ECSHL is allowed to pick up strengthening players for the Herder each year.
Insider do you honestly think the East Coast League doesn’t pay player? I’m asking this honestly! They don’t get paid a cent? If you believe that or are trying to sell me that I will tell you first hand your wrong! I played a few games with Bell Island a few years ago before I went to work back in Labrador and at our Christmas party we all got envelopes of cash. It wasn’t big lump sums but everyone got 250$. No they are not getting money like the cats were getting 250-500 plus a weekend but they are getting money

Seniorfan

Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am

Insider wrote:
to play with 2 teams is beyond assanine... makes 0 sense, take the year off regroup next season and get a league established.. this is an embarassment to HockeyNL and I can't believe they are allowing it.. well they actually haven't yet but thats another post.
What's asinine is you posting non stop complaining about and criticizing the Flyers and Cataracts. You're bloody obsessed. Serious questions. Why do you care? What's it got to do with you? And BTW if two teams want to play some games they don't need HNL's or anyone else's permission. Sorry you not getting all the players to move East or West as planned. Nice try.

Flyer24

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:08 am

NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:19 am
Flyer24 wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:35 am
Despite all the challenges, you can complain all you want Insider, but at the end of the day, the best players in NL will still be headed out this way, getting paid for their services, and winning another Herder.
False. Less players will want to play in a two team “league” where they have to play the same guys up to 19 times in the span of 3-4 months. Guys like Simms, Bussey, Paul, Shute and possibly Lindstrom and Brennan have already jumped ship. And to say all the top players play in the CWSHL is pretty ignorant and goes to show what you know when you’ve got guys playing in the ECSHL like Kris Hodge, Kyle Tibbo, Dan Cadigan, Jeremy Nicholas, Mark Yetman, Matthew Thomey, Justin Pender, Chad Earle and others not playing in the Central West. Christ the CWSHL don’t even have full rosters every game (18 skaters) because they “can’t find the players“.
I will pay to watch Escott, Mosher, Day, Wicks, Short etc. Those were the guys I was referring to.

NLHockeyInsider

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:28 am

Seniorfan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am
Insider wrote:
What's asinine is you posting non stop complaining about and criticizing the Flyers and Cataracts. You're bloody obsessed. Serious questions. Why do you care? What's it got to do with you? And BTW if two teams want to play some games they don't need HNL's or anyone else's permission. Sorry you not getting all the players to move East or West as planned. Nice try.
Not me. Nice try though.

NLHockeyInsider

Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:30 am

GenoSniper wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:48 pm
NLHockeyInsider wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:23 pm
The Bottom Line wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 2:12 pm
Both leagues have been paying players. One league issues T4's. Both are amateur. Webster is not the governing body, so that definition is not applied to as per HNL or Hockey Canada. I can't make it any clearer than that for you. You don't have to like it, I really don't care. If you have a beef with the rules and laws or definitions, feel free to take on HNL, hockey Canada and Canada Revenue. But, as for now, that's the rules and that's what's being followed in central.
One league pays players. The CWSHL. They issue T4’s to players for their part-time services playing senior hockey which makes them semi-professional teams.

The ECSHL does not pay players and therefore does not issue T4’s to players meaning that league is truly an amateur league.

We have a semi-professional team playing an amateur team for the Herder. That is why the ECSHL is allowed to pick up strengthening players for the Herder each year.
Insider do you honestly think the East Coast League doesn’t pay player? I’m asking this honestly! They don’t get paid a cent? If you believe that or are trying to sell me that I will tell you first hand your wrong! I played a few games with Bell Island a few years ago before I went to work back in Labrador and at our Christmas party we all got envelopes of cash. It wasn’t big lump sums but everyone got 250$. No they are not getting money like the cats were getting 250-500 plus a weekend but they are getting money
Ok can you prove that without a reasonable doubt? What’s your name? And a few years ago when the team was still on Bell Island? Probably the old AESHL, which was a different league. How can you prove that what your posting is true? Just more hearsay.

The Bottom Line

Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:23 am

Bahaha, prove it now? Lmao. You think he's lying? How childish is that.
It happens, everyone knows it, so get over it. I personally have no problem with it, they should get a few bucks and the team should work hard to raise the money too.

Oh just a fan

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:23 pm

That old AESHL is the same league that the Cee Bees paid players in and got kicked out of though, so no, not different rules.

And Geno 100% played for BI, he’s not catching on to who I am, but I know who he is, and he definitely played for BI, in net I’d assume. And he definitely got paid, I know this because he was my roommate if it’s who I think it is.

The Bottom Line

Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:38 pm

Kicked out for being too strong IMO

• Information