THE CATS ARE BACK!!

Central West Senior Hockey League discussions - Clarenville Caribous, Grand Falls Windsor Cataracts & Gander Flyers.
GenoSniper
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:43 pm

No I am not Greg Bursey if that’s who you think I am. I have announced my name Mike Roberts before as I am not one to hid behind a screen name here like most people. I only played about 8 games with them and I went back to work in Lab City with Vytrell or I would have played all year with them! How can I prove it now lol I didn’t take a picture of them giving me money lol. Unlike you insider I tell the truth and my honest opinion. Most of the cats are good friends of mine and I think it’s foolish for them and gander to play I’d rather see the blades get the support at this point. I have no problem calling a spade a spade. I know and have also played with or against a lot of guys in the league out there and if you think they don’t get a penny to play your out to lunch!

The Puck

Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 am

The cee bees didn't pay players before they give them trips and gift cards that isn't considered paying them money.

BluesFan

Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:34 am

So genosniper what years did you play with the blues?

rick

Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 pm

The Puck wrote:
The cee bees didn't pay players before they give them trips and gift cards that isn't considered paying them money.
Same thing. Compensation for their services .

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm

GenoSniper wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:43 pm
No I am not Greg Bursey if that’s who you think I am. I have announced my name Mike Roberts before as I am not one to hid behind a screen name here like most people. I only played about 8 games with them and I went back to work in Lab City with Vytrell or I would have played all year with them! How can I prove it now lol I didn’t take a picture of them giving me money lol. Unlike you insider I tell the truth and my honest opinion. Most of the cats are good friends of mine and I think it’s foolish for them and gander to play I’d rather see the blades get the support at this point. I have no problem calling a spade a spade. I know and have also played with or against a lot of guys in the league out there and if you think they don’t get a penny to play your out to lunch!
So let me get this straight. How many years ago did you play with Bell Island? How many years have they been off the Island now? So because they gave you an envelope with $250 dollars in it many moons ago means they’re doing it right now?

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:27 pm

rick wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:19 pm
The Puck wrote:
Same thing. Compensation for their services .

Can you prove those claims?

Insider

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:43 pm

Seniorfan wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:18 am
Insider wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:04 pm
to play with 2 teams is beyond assanine... makes 0 sense, take the year off regroup next season and get a league established.. this is an embarassment to HockeyNL and I can't believe they are allowing it.. well they actually haven't yet but thats another post.
What's asinine is you posting non stop complaining about and criticizing the Flyers and Cataracts. You're bloody obsessed. Serious questions. Why do you care? What's it got to do with you? And BTW if two teams want to play some games they don't need HNL's or anyone else's permission. Sorry you not getting all the players to move East or West as planned. Nice try.
u obviously got me confused with some one else.. my first posts in a few years lol.. i must have a familiar name.. u guys do indeed need hockey NL permission to play for the Herder so if u guys wanna pay guys to play the same team 12 times be my guest.. the fans won't support it.. cuz it suckx.

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:50 pm

Insider wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
Insider wrote:
to play with 2 teams is beyond assanine... makes 0 sense, take the year off regroup next season and get a league established.. this is an embarassment to HockeyNL and I can't believe they are allowing it.. well they actually haven't yet but thats another post.
What's asinine is you posting non stop complaining about and criticizing the Flyers and Cataracts. You're bloody obsessed. Serious questions. Why do you care? What's it got to do with you? And BTW if two teams want to play some games they don't need HNL's or anyone else's permission. Sorry you not getting all the players to move East or West as planned. Nice try.
u obviously got me confused with some one else.. my first posts in a few years lol.. i must have a familiar name.. u guys do indeed need hockey NL permission to play for the Herder so if u guys wanna pay guys to play the same team 12 times be my guest.. the fans won't support it.. cuz it suckx.
Hey insider, they think we’re the same person lol

The Bottom Line

Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:51 pm

Insider wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:
Insider wrote:

Wrong again. More immaturity or jealousy. Fact is, the fans will support the flyers and cats and when either of them take on the ceebees for the herder, support will be strong then too. Fact!!

NLHockeyInsider

Fri Dec 06, 2019 6:17 pm

The Bottom Line wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:51 pm
Insider wrote:
Seniorfan wrote:

Wrong again. More immaturity or jealousy. Fact is, the fans will support the flyers and cats and when either of them take on the ceebees for the herder, support will be strong then too. Fact!!
This post goes to show how little you know about our league. The Cee Bees haven’t won a game yet and don’t exactly have a strong line up so unless things change drastically for them between now and the end of the season they’re going to be fighting for last place with Northeast (who has beat them twice so far). In the East right now I can honestly see either of St. John’s, Southern Shore, CBS or Clarenville winning the league. I don’t know what the playoff format will be but if only 4 teams make the playoffs it’s highly likely it will be SJ, SS, CBS, and Clarenville. Too bad the ECSHL doesn’t do a better job of keeping the league website updated so people can see the actual standings.

As for the Central West given the players Gander has now lost (Shute, Paul, Hynes, Escott, and O’Keefe) they aren’t looking very strong all of a sudden so it might be a pretty lopsided 16 game series for the Cataracts.

• Information