Eagles and Caribous

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
grapes
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:01 pm

titan wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 am
grapes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:00 am
Don't the Sr Eagles have a full junior affiliation, why don't they use call ups from there? Isnt that the point of an affiliation? I hope for the Bous sake its a forfeit win if not this is ridiculous
Why should it be a forfeit? The Bous canceled games at the last minute last year because of "player shortage" and got to reschedule.

Maybe players from the Avalon don't want to make the trip out over the highway for free. I wouldn't want to spend 8 or 10 hours of my Saturday for a game of hockey when I could get one in town relatively close my house The last time the Eagles were in Clarenville they came with what, 11 skaters?
Dont want to do it for free? The game would have to be played eventually if its not forfeit? Correct? Yes. Players enter a league that hosts a team from Clarenville, are they stund to think they’ll never have to go there and play? Do they think Clarenville will move home games to town so its more convenient for the town teams? Its a joke. MUN exams are done on Friday so the Eagles can scratch that off their excuse list.

Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:25 pm

grapes wrote:
titan wrote:
grapes wrote:
Don't the Sr Eagles have a full junior affiliation, why don't they use call ups from there? Isnt that the point of an affiliation? I hope for the Bous sake its a forfeit win if not this is ridiculous
Why should it be a forfeit? The Bous canceled games at the last minute last year because of "player shortage" and got to reschedule.

Maybe players from the Avalon don't want to make the trip out over the highway for free. I wouldn't want to spend 8 or 10 hours of my Saturday for a game of hockey when I could get one in town relatively close my house The last time the Eagles were in Clarenville they came with what, 11 skaters?
Dont want to do it for free? The game would have to be played eventually if its not forfeit? Correct? Yes. Players enter a league that hosts a team from Clarenville, are they stund to think they’ll never have to go there and play? Do they think Clarenville will move home games to town so its more convenient for the town teams? Its a joke. MUN exams are done on Friday so the Eagles can scratch that off their excuse list.
I believe the Caribous posted the Eagles had exams and work commitments.

tincanfan

Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:57 am

Just one more nail in the coffin. Attendance is at an all time low and this will just hasten the end. Its quite clear teams in town don;t want to play outside....not even to Carbonear.. As I said before the horse has left the barn now close the door and forget it. I really feel sorry for Ivan who has worked his ass off keeping the Bous going. Guess I'll take in a couple games in town and freeze my butt off. However I will have a choice of where I sit.

titan

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:17 am

grapes wrote:
titan wrote:
grapes wrote:

There are ways to try and force teams to travel that don't want too. It was done last year when certain teams didn't want to travel to central. I guess you're right tho, you can threaten the team but you can't force the players to show up so maybe a forfeit is the best solution. Can't see that doing much for the league and especially the Bous if they start winning home games by forfeit. Clarenville, geographically, doesnt fit the ECSHL model as hockey eyes has pointed out. Just some guys wanting to get together for a game of competitive hockey but not take up their entire weekend.

I know a few guys that have played in the east league for years, a few that I know and they were many more that could've easily played in the central league for money but didn't want to travel outside of the Avalon but all of a sudden someone thought they were going to do it for free?

Stadium Fries

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:11 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:21 pm
They have lots of players both the Eagles and the Blues. I think you miss the fundamental nature of the league here. It is guys playing hockey for fun. That is all it is. It isn't a league where the Herder is everything in the world and the Allan Cup is something hardly anyone thinks about.
That's the fundamental difference that causes so many arguments here. You just ASSUME players are paid and there is cheating going on and everyone would give their left arm or left something to get to the Herder.
This is just guys playing hockey in a league that doesn't require a load of money to stay in business.

The problem I see with the East league is that they say and agree with one thing but in the end they do another.
Last year they agreed to play Gander and Grand Falls and some them had no intention of travelling to Central to play. Now this year it is the Caribous turn.
The East accepted the Caribous in the league last year but some of these teams have no intentions of travelling to Clarenville for a game or two.
Sadly for Clarenville they need their home games to pay for expenses.This will most likely cause issues down the road for the Caribous should teams continue throughout the season refusing to travel to Clarenville.
It makes one wonder why the East league accepted Clarenville in their league in the first place and maybe it is time for Clarenville to accept the fact that they are better located in Central West where games are only cancelled for weather related issues.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm

Clarenville will be fine in the news year with players coming out to play. " The problem with the East league as I see it ....'' there is no substantial problem really . It will all be fine .
As for the notion that " in Central West where games are only cancelled for weather related issues ." ,... they are really cancelled for a lack of teams to play in them.

Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:39 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm
Clarenville will be fine in the news year with players coming out to play. " The problem with the East league as I see it ....'' there is no substantial problem really . It will all be fine .
As for the notion that " in Central West where games are only cancelled for weather related issues ." ,... they are really cancelled for a lack of teams to play in them.
Relax man. No need to be throwing shade. The Central-West will figure it out eventually, maybe.

Hockey Eyes

Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:52 pm

Ya you are right. I should lighten up ... just tired of people coming on here with what's "wrong" with our league when they don;t have a league. I wish them well out in central . .

• Information