CeeBees at Caps

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
123
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:57 pm

No more, no less than usual.

Hockey Eyes
Posts: 1965
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:40 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Wives and girl friends at the Jack Byrne for the Eagles -Breakers.. The good news is that it isn't a fan driven league...

123
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm

I hate starting rumours but seems the Caps are about to grab another player from the CWSHL. At least that was the chatter after the game.

123
Posts: 1788
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:46 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:24 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm
Wives and girl friends at the Jack Byrne for the Eagles -Breakers.. The good news is that it isn't a fan driven league...
I don’t know the reason the central-west crowd get so caught up in attendance all the time.

User avatar
rick
Posts: 8457
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:12 pm

Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm
Wives and girl friends at the Jack Byrne for the Eagles -Breakers.. The good news is that it isn't a fan driven league...

They didn't get enough last night to pay for the ice time

NLHockeyInsider
Posts: 187
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:56 am
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:19 pm

rick wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 2:12 pm
Hockey Eyes wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:23 pm
Wives and girl friends at the Jack Byrne for the Eagles -Breakers.. The good news is that it isn't a fan driven league...

They didn't get enough last night to pay for the ice time
Tough time of the year for attendance. Christmas festivities galore on the go this time of year, not to mention exams. Attendance will start to tick upwards after Christmas and into the playoffs. Lots of big crowds in the playoffs last year at the games I attended.

Oh just a fan
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:42 pm

Christmas party’s last night definitely didn’t help any. That can count for 30-50 more fans. Which don’t sound like much, but it would be more for sure yep. All adds up. Then there’s exams so that’s 20 more fans there. You guys keep adding talent and it will add fans. Been saying this for years. Spend some money and you’ll make money. I’m not suggesting these former central players are making $500 a weekend but they’re still making $100-$200 to stay home. And good for them and for the league eventually. You’ll see. Paying players isn’t the curse you all think it is, it’s when it becomes a spending war it’ll get out of control and fail.

Zekie
Posts: 2316
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:12 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:41 pm

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:42 pm
Christmas party’s last night definitely didn’t help any. That can count for 30-50 more fans. Which don’t sound like much, but it would be more for sure yep. All adds up. Then there’s exams so that’s 20 more fans there. You guys keep adding talent and it will add fans. Been saying this for years. Spend some money and you’ll make money. I’m not suggesting these former central players are making $500 a weekend but they’re still making $100-$200 to stay home. And good for them and for the league eventually. You’ll see. Paying players isn’t the curse you all think it is, it’s when it becomes a spending war it’ll get out of control and fail.
So its no longer amateur hockey out East but semi-pro?? Now you got me shocked!

User avatar
rick
Posts: 8457
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:22 pm

Sun Dec 15, 2019 10:27 am

Oh just a fan wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:42 pm
Christmas party’s last night definitely didn’t help any. That can count for 30-50 more fans. Which don’t sound like much, but it would be more for sure yep. All adds up. Then there’s exams so that’s 20 more fans there. You guys keep adding talent and it will add fans. Been saying this for years. Spend some money and you’ll make money. I’m not suggesting these former central players are making $500 a weekend but they’re still making $100-$200 to stay home. And good for them and for the league eventually. You’ll see. Paying players isn’t the curse you all think it is, it’s when it becomes a spending war it’ll get out of control and fail.

And the team with the most money will rule the league. There will be bidding wars .

Oh just a fan
Posts: 867
Joined: Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:03 pm
What colour is a puck?: black

Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:07 pm

Oh it’s going to happen. Once someone pays someone the next guy will want more. It’s the nature of the beast.

Post Reply
  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests