In Excess Of 4000 Fans cannot see Herder Games Live

East Coast Senior Hockey League - Teams include CeeBees, Breakers, Eagles, Caps & Blues
Bleacher Creature
What is the shape of a hockey puck?: triangle

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:15 pm

In excess of 4000 hockey fans cannot get to see Herder Games Live because Games are played at Clarenville Event Center this year. If senior hockey is to flourish and grow in NL then the one prime ingredient is fan support and no sport can attract fans if they cannot see the teams play. Today you have hundreds of Cee Bee fans trying to get tickets to follow the team that they supported all year but there are none available.
How can Leagues expect financial support from fans if they are prevented from viewing games because its held in a venue to small for the popularity of the game.

Because of the number of hockey fans interested in the Herder Finals Mile one would be sold out for all Herder Games. Without fans supporting senior hockey it can not survive, it appears that greed and selfishness by a certain team has prevented 1000's of fans from following their team in action and contributing financially by purchasing tickets to watch the Finals. There are many young people, future players and future fans that are being denied the opportunity to watch the Final Series of senior hockey in NL in 2010 and in my opinion thats a shame.

93Habs

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Bleacher Creature wrote:In excess of 4000 hockey fans cannot get to see Herder Games Live because Games are played at Clarenville Event Center this year. If senior hockey is to flourish and grow in NL then the one prime ingredient is fan support and no sport can attract fans if they cannot see the teams play. Today you have hundreds of Cee Bee fans trying to get tickets to follow the team that they supported all year but there are none available.
How can Leagues expect financial support from fans if they are prevented from viewing games because its held in a venue to small for the popularity of the game.

Because of the number of hockey fans interested in the Herder Finals Mile one would be sold out for all Herder Games. Without fans supporting senior hockey it can not survive, it appears that greed and selfishness by a certain team has prevented 1000's of fans from following their team in action and contributing financially by purchasing tickets to watch the Finals. There are many young people, future players and future fans that are being denied the opportunity to watch the Final Series of senior hockey in NL in 2010 and in my opinion thats a shame.
I was hoping someone would soon bring this topic up.......well said.

knockoutpunch

Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:32 pm

the caribous organization really really screwed this up big time..................................

Face off

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:26 pm

Actually guys, if you seen what Silverhawk posted over in the WCSHL section you would know that this is not the case.....Last year when the BOUS played at the MILE ONE>...West Coast fans were saying that it shouildnt be...that the WCSHL should play at the PEPSI CENTER or even at their own rink to be fair to their fans who cant travel, etc...

Now the bous actually decided to play at their own stadium, and still people say now...should be at MILE ONE....not going to satisfy everyone.....

As for being selfish, dont make sense, as you said, our home games at the MILE ONE would generate more revenue than having it at the CEC......so GREEDY or SELFISH, dont belong here.

The Bous realized that we have just built a 12 million + facility in the Town of Clarenville which supported them all year, the BOUS organization are BEING unselfish by TRYING to give back to the community and at the same time making it easier for their fans to at least see some home games......Plus the spin offs for the community.......Is it a WIn WIn Situation?...deffinately..........BUT DEFFINATELY NOT SELFISH......JUST THE OPPOSITE

Tommy

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Face off wrote:Actually guys, if you seen what Silverhawk posted over in the WCSHL section you would know that this is not the case.....Last year when the BOUS played at the MILE ONE>...West Coast fans were saying that it shouildnt be...that the WCSHL should play at the PEPSI CENTER or even at their own rink to be fair to their fans who cant travel, etc...

Now the bous actually decided to play at their own stadium, and still people say now...should be at MILE ONE....not going to satisfy everyone.....

As for being selfish, dont make sense, as you said, our home games at the MILE ONE would generate more revenue than having it at the CEC......so GREEDY or SELFISH, dont belong here.

The Bous realized that we have just built a 12 million + facility in the Town of Clarenville which supported them all year, the BOUS organization are BEING unselfish by TRYING to give back to the community and at the same time making it easier for their fans to at least see some home games......Plus the spin offs for the community.......Is it a WIn WIn Situation?...deffinately..........BUT DEFFINATELY NOT SELFISH......JUST THE OPPOSITE

I agree with most of what your saying and i cant blame them for playing at home...New rink and the support out there etc...BUT $25.00 bucks a ticket is a little of the wall..BUT then again if fans dont mind paying it then thats a BONUS to for the hockey club...

tincanfan

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Same garbage being spilled over on this site now. Certain people hate the Bous and Clarenville they are hopping everywhere spilling their venom. As a supporter of this team every year I and many others
appreciate going to our own arena and not having to spend mega bucks driving to St JOhns.
I wonder is the Cats had won would you be saying the same and they have a smaller stadium than us.
Suck it up and give up such postings just to start your buddies adding their venom to the mix.

Face off

Fri Mar 26, 2010 3:59 pm

Tommy wrote:
Face off wrote:Actually guys, if you seen what Silverhawk posted over in the WCSHL section you would know that this is not the case.....Last year when the BOUS played at the MILE ONE>...West Coast fans were saying that it shouildnt be...that the WCSHL should play at the PEPSI CENTER or even at their own rink to be fair to their fans who cant travel, etc...

I agree with most of what your saying and i cant blame them for playing at home...New rink and the support out there etc...BUT $25.00 bucks a ticket is a little of the wall..BUT then again if fans dont mind paying it then thats a BONUS to for the hockey club...

Yes Tommy, I see what you are saying & yes to some it may seem a little steep, but when the idea was being thrown around by players, executive, sponsors and alot of fans, the concensus was $25 at home is better than $15 at MILE ONE plus gas, hotel, meals, etc.......and as i said, most Bou fans are happy to give a little more and see that the Town benefits from this as well....After all, without the Town and Co-operation of all those involved such as local businesses, etc.....We wouldnt have a NEW facility to enjoy THIS GREAT GAME we all love and share.......

PS>>.take care of yourself me ole buddy, hope you are feeling well and in high spirits.....would look forward to seeing you at one of the games at the Herder...and TOMMY remember......I know you wants to say it....help me out here me ole buddy.....together...ready....GO BOUS GO.....GO WEST GO... :lol:

Tommy

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:07 pm

Face off wrote:
Tommy wrote:

Yes Tommy, I see what you are saying & yes to some it may seem a little steep, but when the idea was being thrown around by players, executive, sponsors and alot of fans, the concensus was $25 at home is better than $15 at MILE ONE plus gas, hotel, meals, etc.......and as i said, most Bou fans are happy to give a little more and see that the Town benefits from this as well....After all, without the Town and Co-operation of all those involved such as local businesses, etc.....We wouldnt have a NEW facility to enjoy THIS GREAT GAME we all love and share.......

PS>>.take care of yourself me ole buddy, hope you are feeling well and in high spirits.....would look forward to seeing you at one of the games at the Herder...and TOMMY remember......I know you wants to say it....help me out here me ole buddy.....together...ready....GO BOUS GO.....GO WEST GO... :lol:

BUT once again its about the money...Its really not giving back to loyal fans...They are still paying dearly to see a group of guys come out from St.Johns to play a game of hockey...Now dont get me wrong this is a bonus for the team, the money they will rake in is great and for the up coming season but its getting sickning to see the players starting to rule the league and teams are having to make maga $$$$ to keep their team going and to be competitive...

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Tommy wrote:BUT once again its about the money...Its really not giving back to loyal fans...They are still paying dearly to see a group of guys come out from St.Johns to play a game of hockey...Now dont get me wrong this is a bonus for the team, the money they will rake in is great and for the up coming season but its getting sickning to see the players starting to rule the league and teams are having to make maga $$$$ to keep their team going and to be competitive...
Well said...I just hope all this $$$ being thrown around (by BOTH teams in East and West) do not cause us to go down a dangerous road.

Face off

Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:19 pm

Well TOmmy, I see it both ways, giving back to the Community....Still cheaper to pay $25 in clarenville than $15 in St. Johns...ALOT CHEAPER...minus gas, travel, hotel, meals...etc...

But i no what you are saying...the community can still get a spin off but the loyal fans can be treated better if only $15 a game same as Mile One.....I agree partly....the team will still lose revenue compared to playing at MILE ONE>..but the fans still benefit from home games here.....the organization cant give away the farm either...everyone knows that revenue generated from the HERDER is what helps support a team for next year to come.....

As you say, to enjoy the competitive and the high level of hockey that we are all witnessed to over the last few years....well the cost has to go with it as well i guess....

PS>..The bous were also thinking of their fans when they kept prices the same for all the WCSHL playoffs this year ( $12 a game )...I no the CATS charged $15 for playoffs.....cant remember what the Royals or Wings charged but the bous could have raised their prices then...but they never...so i guess they did think of their fans...

Tc...see ya at the rink i hope

• Information